Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 03-30-2016, 09:25 AM   #267
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
Ah, I was wondering what happened.. Thanks for that, if you're the one that killed the thread.
...With a sharpened hammer.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:31 AM   #268
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
...With a sharpened hammer.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 01:08 PM   #269
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
Both forums have their fair share. I'm on here to learn and observe since I'm a car person and far from brand loyal. I'm there obviously more since that's the car I have. This generation is probably the worst it's been in a long time regarding the e-peen measurement contest between the two camps. Quite frankly it's embarrassing for both sides.
Well said. I am on both forums as well, and every time I mention anything remotely favorable towards the Camaro a certain person tries to bait me in to an immature discussion by calling me a troll.

In the end of the day, these sorts of people are beneath those of us that want to enjoy talking cars. I just ignore them, and they go away.

We need to rise above the BS, and improve our forums ourselves. We are as much ambassadors in this sense as the moderators.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:56 PM   #270
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
Both forums have their fair share. I'm on here to learn and observe since I'm a car person and far from brand loyal. I'm there obviously more since that's the car I have. This generation is probably the worst it's been in a long time regarding the e-peen measurement contest between the two camps. Quite frankly it's embarrassing for both sides.
Very well said!!! You'll get those guys on every forum. Doesn't matter what brand, what model or what year.

As for the mustang guys "loosing" it. I've actually haven't had ANY negative experience with or from ANY mustangs I've seen on the road. Hell, I've gotten more hatred looks (including someone flipping me off after staring at me and the car) from gen5s. Mustang guys are smiling and giving me thumbs up, where as gen5 people seems like are always wanting to key my car. Out of the 15+ gen5's I've seen, only 2 of em actually smiled and gave me a thumbs up and not the rest... Not a single mustang driver has been a "douche bag".
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 04:17 PM   #271
z28guy30

Drives: 2016 camaro 1ss
I respect the Ford Mustang, but I could not see myself ever buying one. My problem is that I am very brand loyal to Camaro's, and I view the Ford Mustang for what it is...a rival of the Camaro dating back to 1967.

Last edited by z28guy30; 03-30-2016 at 04:56 PM.
z28guy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 04:54 PM   #272
pete1077

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS
I check out the mustang forum on occasion and the vs section in particular has some true fan boys who think the mustang is the be all/ end all of cars. It's actually kind of ridiculous. That being said I've come across some people like that on this forum as well. My friend has a 6th gen mustang GT and it's a fantastic car. The coyote engine pulls hard in the high rpm range but doesn't have the low end torque of the LT1. Both the Mustang and Camaro are excellent cars. Sure they both aren't perfect but no car is. You can't go wrong with either choice. I just wish the immature fanboys would grow up and stop bashing their competitors. The funny thing is the mustang fan boys don't seem to realize they need the Camaro. Both Ford and Chevy need the competition to keep improving their cars. Perfect example was the mid 2000's when there was only a Mustang and no Camaro. Ford had no direct competition and the mustang didn't really improve. It wasn't until the 5th gen Camaro came out that ford decided to increase the mustang HP from around 325 to 400.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:13 PM   #273
txferrari

Drives: 2016 Z06/7.
Yea, um...I have no loyalty other than to myself, but jeezus. The guys on the Mustang Forums. Wow. That's all I can say. I'm on this forum. Vette Forum. McLaren Forums and 2 Superbike forums. No forum can match the bs that is slung over there. haha. I swear, if you posted a Z06 vs thread, they'd find a way to say the GTPP is a better car.
Old 04-03-2016, 10:40 PM   #274
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by txferrari View Post
Yea, um...I have no loyalty other than to myself, but jeezus. The guys on the Mustang Forums. Wow. That's all I can say. I'm on this forum. Vette Forum. McLaren Forums and 2 Superbike forums. No forum can match the bs that is slung over there. haha. I swear, if you posted a Z06 vs thread, they'd find a way to say the GTPP is a better car.
It's a vile place, they'll say the Z06 looks like crap much like the 6th gen Camaro with its toliet lid hood, bath tub visibility, and boring rear end. It's surprising how much they need to trash another vehicle to make themselves feel better about their own vehicle.

Personally I think newest Mustang is a good looking car, but apparently I drive a turd of a vehicle with a cheap plastic interior that looks like a Toyota.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:29 AM   #275
6th Gen SS
LT-Won!

Drives: USB ISF 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
6th gen Camaro with its toliet lid hood.
Pretty crazy. Reminds me of a similar comment I read about somewhere????regarding the new stang: "the fast back rear end looks droopy like a loaded diaper."

Well, all the negativity from any fan boy is just dumb
6th Gen SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:58 AM   #276
z28guy30

Drives: 2016 camaro 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th Gen SS View Post
Pretty crazy. Reminds me of a similar comment I read about somewhere????regarding the new stang: "the fast back rear end looks droopy like a loaded diaper."

That is hilarious but accurate at the same time. lol
z28guy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:13 AM   #277
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Personally I think newest Mustang is a good looking car, but apparently I drive a turd of a vehicle with a cheap plastic interior that looks like a Toyota.
I can't tell you how many times my brother and I have mistaken a Fusion for a Mustang at a distance...the droopy diaper comment as well, is funny...

I find it interesting that people in both camps need to sling mud to feel better about themselves. To be honest...either of these cars COULD look like the Aztec, or Fox body...Thank goodness they don't!
Old 04-04-2016, 10:45 AM   #278
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th Gen SS View Post

I agree, it's childish to hate on something that isn't yours. That's fine if you think a certain vehicle is ugly and not for you. It gets old when a fanboy constantly spouts negative crap about a vehicle's appearance over and over again. It makes you wonder, do they go to a car show and do the same thing? Definitely not, so why do it behind a keyboard and monitor? It's just a giant circlejerk of hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I can't tell you how many times my brother and I have mistaken a Fusion for a Mustang at a distance...the droopy diaper comment as well, is funny...

I find it interesting that people in both camps need to sling mud to feel better about themselves. To be honest...either of these cars COULD look like the Aztec, or Fox body...Thank goodness they don't!
I've seen a fusion in my rear view mirror on a couple of occasions. I thought it was a Mustang both times until it got closer. There's nothing wrong with the similarities between a Fusion and Mustang. It's made by the same manufacture so there's going to be similarities. Similar to how our gauge cluster is nearly identical to that of a Denali trim with GMC vehicles.

I will never understand the point of slinging mud, (I get friendly competition and such) I just hope they realize that all the mud slinging makes their community look toxic and unwelcoming. There's nothing wrong with friendly jabs at each other, but most of the jabs there are not of the friendly variety; more of the circlejerky type.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:58 AM   #279
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
↑↑↑ . . . Exactly why I stay out of most all discussions involving appearance - there, here, and elsewhere. It's easier to avoid those threads in the first place, or just let it go if/when the discussion turns that way and there is no open technical content remaining.

Norm
Old 04-04-2016, 12:39 PM   #280
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
It's a vile place, they'll say the Z06 looks like crap much like the 6th gen Camaro with its toliet lid hood, bath tub visibility, and boring rear end. It's surprising how much they need to trash another vehicle to make themselves feel better about their own vehicle.

'the pill' said the track is bad, can't cool that thing down, tiny brakes, not enough tire, and totally missed the golden ratio.

'the pill' only states facts of things that will be...
Attached Images