Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-31-2016, 01:36 AM   #1
EMTNLSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Question about BMR arms

With all the BMR arms they have adjustable and non-adjustable. What is the benefit of each?

I understand the control arm because that's for camber.

For the trailing arms though what is the purpose of those being adjustable? Would I be fine with the non adjustable if it was mostly for daily and some spirited canyon driving and rarely a track day.

I also plan on lowering with springs.

Thanks!

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:
EMTNLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:47 AM   #2
bdar66

Drives: 2016 camaro lt2 rs
i think its for when you put lowering springs on the car
bdar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:48 AM   #3
BMR Tech

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
The idea of the adjustable components is to allow for added alignment adjustment for lowered cars. If you plan to keep the car stock height then the non-adjustable components will work for you. If you plan to lower it, then adjustable is the way to go. Either components will greatly reduce wheel hop and deflection. The non-adjustable poly pieces will deliver less NVH transference, but will not offer the alignment correction of the adjustable pieces. However the rod end pieces will deliver the optimal performance as they will have no deflection
BMR Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 01:24 PM   #4
EMTNLSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Tech View Post
The idea of the adjustable components is to allow for added alignment adjustment for lowered cars. If you plan to keep the car stock height then the non-adjustable components will work for you. If you plan to lower it, then adjustable is the way to go. Either components will greatly reduce wheel hop and deflection. The non-adjustable poly pieces will deliver less NVH transference, but will not offer the alignment correction of the adjustable pieces. However the rod end pieces will deliver the optimal performance as they will have no deflection
Alright thanks for the reply! I'll plan on getting the adjustable ones then since I plan on lowering it with springs and maybe coilovers in the future.

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:
Old 08-31-2016, 02:10 PM   #5
BMR Tech

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
No problem! Give me a call and I will get you all fixed up!
BMR Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:14 AM   #6
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
If you plan to go with coilovers and drop a lot of height, you'll definitely want the adjustable arms and rods.

The single adjustable are designed to provide more adjustment range. The double adjustable are an extension of the singles, but with the added benefit that you don't need to touch a single bolt to change your angles. Just loosen both nuts and turn the center. Tighten nuts to lock it in.

The trailing arms are the biggest help in reducing wheel hop. I went fixed on mine with the springs because I wanted the least NVH increase possible and didn't plan to go lower than 1", which is within the range of the factory eccentric bolts.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:38 PM   #7
EMTNLSS

Ok so what arms would you recommend getting first. Trailing arms? or would some like the lockout kit be better?

Upcoming Mods:

Last edited by EMTNLSS; 09-01-2016 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:30 PM   #8
JaxChris

You have the A8, so can you do both in your budget? It will save you big time in labor to do them at the same time. The trailing arms alone really fix the wheel hop, but then you can spin the tires and the cradle bushings will allow a lot of yaw angle deflection. No hop, but you will get a little fish tail going.

As I pointed out to another member in their thread, the A8 has far more torque multiplication in 1st gear than the M6 and therefore we will have wheel hop stock, when they do not. We really need to get both before throwing the better wheels and tires on the car so we can put it all down to the pavement.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:39 PM   #9
EMTNLSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
You have the A8, so can you do both in your budget? It will save you big time in labor to do them at the same time. The trailing arms alone really fix the wheel hop, but then you can spin the tires and the cradle bushings will allow a lot of yaw angle deflection. No hop, but you will get a little fish tail going.

As I pointed out to another member in their thread, the A8 has far more torque multiplication in 1st gear than the M6 and therefore we will have wheel hop stock, when they do not. We really need to get both before throwing the better wheels and tires on the car so we can put it all down to the pavement.
Alright thanks for the help! I'm looking to get springs first. Probably the AFE ones since I like the stance of those. Then i'll look into getting the trailing arms and cradle lockout kit.

Upcoming Mods:
Old 09-01-2016, 11:54 PM   #10
JaxChris

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTNLSS View Post
Alright thanks for the help! I'm looking to get springs first. Probably the AFE ones since I like the stance of those. Then i'll look into getting the trailing arms and cradle lockout kit.
Be careful. Mixing brands in a post like that might get a vendor on here to ask you to call them and they'll cut you a break to do a package deal. =)

Good luck with your projects and remember to not be a stranger around here. Ask questions and show off your results. =)