The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-15-2014, 02:16 PM   #15
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I do that as well.

I got nailed in Denver, right near an interchange. I made hand motions indicating I would continue to an exit, where I proceeded to a diner, where I pulled in for the stop. Officer said nothing to me about that. I did get a ticket I deserved at that time

There is NOTHING wrong with finding a safe spot to pull over if there aren't shoulders or anything to pull off on.
Same. I usually try to gesture to them too so they know I'm not engaging in a low speed chase. I've only been pulled over once where I had to cruise a little further down the road (to hit a parking lot instead of the side of a 75mph road). The cop never mentioned it. I'm sure he appreciated it.
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:15 PM   #16
Bulldog3071

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
A year, ago I got pulled over in MI for speeding, was paying attention and a state police women light me up. I pulled over and as soon as she came up to the car I asked her how fast was I going with kind of a laugh, told the. Officer I wasn't paying attention and new I was speeding. The officer stated that I was 10 mph over and she asked for license and insurance, provided both and she went back to her car. The officer came back to my car and told me to slow down and gave me my documents back and said have a nice day. The good thing was it was a positive example for my kids, I did not lie to the office, I show ed her respect and was willing to except my punishment for my wrongdoing.
Lakewood Strut Tower Brace, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA 8 MM Wires, Airaid TB Spacer, Phastek CAI Scoop, Washer Bottle Relocation Kit, Stainlees Steel Brake Lines, Brake Performance Slotted and Drilled Rotors, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Subframe Connectors, Borla ATAK Muffelers, Z28 Wickerbill Spoiler, VTC, Bow Tie Delete, BMR Adjustable Front Swaybar, BMR End Link Kit, BMR Extreme Rear Anti-Roll Kit, Diablo I1000 "InTune"
Bulldog3071 is offline   Reply With Quote