Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-27-2021, 11:41 AM   #57
Envious_Ivy1LE

Drives: Krypton Green V6 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
It won't be about CA or CARB or the current governor having any 'heart' for ICE owners.

It'll be about the practical side of making what they want to see happen, actually happening.

Norm
since when is politics practical lol if they want it, it'll be forced to happen
Envious_Ivy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 11:45 AM   #58
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Not too get political but not much gets done in a timely matter when politics are concerned and if one side wants to do something the other fights it to a great deal. In this regard what I read in another forum and probably said here as well they will need Texas and Florida on board to really achieve their goals because its not being forced at the white house only incentivized.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 11:52 AM   #59
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
It’s California. There is one side and one side only. Everything from the state level to the 9th circuit court is almost entirely radical left leaning.
Old 07-27-2021, 11:56 AM   #60
Eham

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE
Sure as hell not going to buy a 4 door electric Camaro. I dont care how fast it is. I understand that's the direction the industry is going but a Camaro, to me, is more than just a name.
Eham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 12:04 PM   #61
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
In the late 2000s, CARB mandated that diesel engine had to be updated to 2010 standards according to the following schedule. Trucks were forced to "upgrading to newer engines" or leave. A 2009 truck is out by 2023.

https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/trucks...us_booklet.pdf

In 2020, Governor Newsom (D-CA) signed an executive order that "directs state to require that, by 2035, all new cars and passenger trucks sold in California be zero-emission vehicles"

I wouldn't count on them having any heart concerning your ICE car.

https://www.gov.ca.gov/2020/09/23/go...limate-change/
Quote:
It won't be about CA or CARB or the current governor having any 'heart' for ICE owners.

It'll be about the practical side of making what they want to see happen, actually happening.

Norm
true but what I was implying was there is simply to many ICE vehicles on the road for it happen overnight. Even if CA succeeds in making new cars sold in CA EVs they will still need gas stations and still need to supply it for the people that already on ICE and for people visiting from neighboring states.

Yes it is a start in forcing people to EVs but its not like all the gas stations in CA are going to be forced to close in 2035
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 12:05 PM   #62
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Ivy1LE View Post
since when is politics practical lol if they want it, it'll be forced to happen
Intentions and attempts can be forced.

Desired results according to a blue-sky schedule cannot.

Norm
Old 07-27-2021, 12:21 PM   #63
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
im not poor,but its kind of dumb to want power levels that will only get you into trouble on the street.why in the hell would i want to pay 10k more just to raise the hood at car shows so people can gawk at my V8? i would bet 90% of V8 owners never get their cars over 155 mph on the street (top speed of the RS equipped V6)
It’s not about the miles per hour that it’s capable of, it’s about the acceleration to get to our desired speed and the sound the v8 makes. Don’t take this as me ripping your car. I appreciate y’all buying the smaller engine versions because I understand that’s the only way I can get my v8. I was just letting you know why I and others “paid 10k more”. While you may not get why those reasons are worth the extra doe I also will never understand why someone would rather save the money and get a v6/t4.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 12:22 PM   #64
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

Norm
I showed an example where CARB mandated a change that forced offending technology out of the state ..."for the people". They didn't care about the cost. They didn't care that it went into effect during the great recession. A 14 year old truck is forced to leave the state.

They announced the goal of no new gasoline engines in California by 2035. Will they force the offending ICE technology out? They've done it before.

Red Barchetta

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 12:45 PM   #65
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
LOL, and now you can't even get a "gaming PC" in 6 states bc it uses too much electricity? Good luck with getting everyone into EVs. It's just a matter of WHEN they push out a mandatory software update to slow down EVs in the future bc "you don't NEED to drive that quick/fast".

https://nichegamer.com/2021/07/27/hi...rformance-pcs/
Come on, this cannot be real.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 12:46 PM   #66
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
It’s not about the miles per hour that it’s capable of, it’s about the acceleration to get to our desired speed and the sound the v8 makes. Don’t take this as me ripping your car. I appreciate y’all buying the smaller engine versions because I understand that’s the only way I can get my v8. I was just letting you know why I and others “paid 10k more”. While you may not get why those reasons are worth the extra doe I also will never understand why someone would rather save the money and get a v6/t4.
It's not that hard to understand when you have many, many piggies on the road waiting to give you tickets.

And heh, different people have different hobbies. Some people spend that money on audio equipment or a boat that you may see as a waste of money.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate my V8, but at the same time, if I don't track the car, I would definitely consider it overkill.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 12:51 PM   #67
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
Unfortunately, it is.
What are you talking about? Into the Gulag with you!

We make electricity from 100% clean unicorn farts to satisfy all your electricity needs!

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 12:53 PM   #68
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I showed an example where CARB mandated a change that forced offending technology out of the state ..."for the people". They didn't care about the cost. They didn't care that it went into effect during the great recession. A 14 year old truck is forced to leave the state.

They announced the goal of no new gasoline engines in California by 2035. Will they force the offending ICE technology out? They've done it before.

Red Barchetta
Canada too

Canada to ban sale of new fuel-powered cars and light trucks from 2035
https://www.reuters.com/world/americ...35-2021-06-29/

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 12:59 PM   #69
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
for 25 years i drove a 1966 pontiac tempest,hand built 400 c.i.motor,judge intake and carb,worked turbo 400 trans,headers and a lumpy cam.i know all about the rush speed gives,but at 63 my best street racing days are behind me.i had a lot of fun putting the hurt on 4th gen camaros and firebirds with that car.my town has grown too congested for that kind of fun,and im just not into getting tickets any more,so i dont need the extra power or cost.i do appreciate that little 217 c.i. motor makes 323 horsepower,wouldnt a V8 that efficient and at 376 c.i. make around 550?
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 12:59 PM   #70
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Ivy1LE View Post
person A: the camaro might go electric

person B: yeah the V6 camaro is so slow right

see how dumb that conversation sounds lol ever think maybe if y'all weren't constantly bashing the breadwinners and constantly going on about its V8 or die that maybe sales could be doing a bit better, not by a large margin but at least people wouldn't come here to research if they should get a Turbo 4 or V6 camaro and instantly be met with "if you're poor go away T4/V6 sucks lol"

Also, a variation on this:

Person A: The V6 is so slow

Person B: The electric Camaro will be faster than any previous V8 Camaro

Person A: It's not about speed!!!!!!!
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote