The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 10-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
binko

Drives: Honda Accord
How did it feel and drive before you bought.

With cars now shipping to satisfy orders, how many buyers actually had an opportunity to sit in-let alone drive one before laying out 50-70 thousand dollars? I have been trying for 6 weeks now and have yet to find a dealer that would even let one of their staff give me a ride with them driving. I will not spend that kind of money before I have a chance for a test drive.
Your thoughts please.
binko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
sahowley

Drives: 2014 C7 Z51 Wht/Blck LT3 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by binko View Post
With cars now shipping to satisfy orders, how many buyers actually had an opportunity to sit in-let alone drive one before laying out 50-70 thousand dollars? I have been trying for 6 weeks now and have yet to find a dealer that would even let one of their staff give me a ride with them driving. I will not spend that kind of money before I have a chance for a test drive.
Your thoughts please.
Once the dealer ran my credit and knew I was a real buyer he let me drive the car before I signed. I would go to a dealer that has an unsold car. I am sure once they see you are for real they will let you drive the car.
sahowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Saw it, signed, then got to drive it. LoL! First time I'd ever "bought" a car without test driving first. I did however get to sit in it first.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:41 PM   #4
Gr8ful

Drives: 2014 Stingray
I ordered, paid and then sat in and drove home. This is my second Vette so I kinda knew what to expect. Not dissapointed.
Gr8ful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:13 AM   #5
asptroopa1
asptroopa1

Drives: 2014 Corvette
Saw all the great reviews on the C-7, I had never wanted a corvette after the 80's, but knew I wanted this car.......ordered it in May before any were out- Got it in October- Never Drove it before signing and dropping the cash..........The BEST car I have ever owned, and I have enjoyed talking to people that share the same on Corvette7.com
asptroopa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #6
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
I examined in & out, and drove mine for about 9 miles... all before I sealed the deal with my check & paperwork. Love this thing... never would I have imagined buying a Corvette until that infamous day on 1-13-13... it changed my mind completely considering I was thinking of buying a Cayman or a used 911. Yes, I like and still like Porsches but the C7 is a game changer. IMO, you just won't know it until you actually drive & spend ample time in one.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #7
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Never drove it at all, read all the tests and about 3 weeks before got to sit in one to see if it fit....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #8
Tprefo

Drives: 2012 GS Conv and 2014 Stingray Z51
Quote:
Your thoughts please.

Try McMulkin in Nashua, NH. Call Tommy Jr. He has a ton there and coming in, but I'm not sure what is sold/not sold.
Tprefo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #9
Tprefo

Drives: 2012 GS Conv and 2014 Stingray Z51
Quote:
Your thoughts please.

Sorry, hit submit by mistake before I was done.....Purchased my C7 from MacMulkin and never drove it. I have a C6 and loved it so much, that I just had to have the C7 and didn't care that I wasn't able to test drive one. Yon WON'T be disappointed. Its an amazing machine. I have 600 miles on mine already and picked it up on 10/9
Tprefo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #10
brandin10

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Your thoughts please.
LOL. It's funny I had never even thought about it. But I ordered mine recently and I have never even seen one in person. Actually I have never even driven a corvette! But when I saw this car, I was instantly in Love. Once the Canadian prices were released I was pleasantly surprised. Since the performance #'s are on par with a Z06, I expected a similar price. And the 2013's are selling for $90,000.00 ++. With the price being so low I had to get one. I think with all of the great reviews from car magazines and forums it would be hard to be disappointed with a C7.
brandin10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #11
TKDubya

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
This is my 1st Corvette and I had never driven one. I went to my dealer and drove a 427 only to see if I would fit (6'5" 295) in that car. Read several reviews and watched a bunch of "First drive" videos on YouTube. After knowing that I could fit I ordered. When It came in I didn't bother to drive it. I gave them the check and haven't stopped driving it whenever possible. I don't regret buying it for one second.
TKDubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #12
jb306y

Drives: 2014 Corvette
I did sit in one before I purchased. The only other Vette I've ever driven was a Lingenfelter corvette one time.. 65 to 150 before I could let off it... like Star Trek warp drive..
jb306y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #13
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Many of us... this is our first ever Corvette. And what a better way to make it the first! I was lucky to have an opportunity to test drive a base coupe back in late Sept... and then extensively, at high speeds and under high performance conditions, a Z51 during the Precision Event at PBIR. This new C7 is a blast in & out... night & day when I compare it to my other sporty coupes.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #14
billbunton

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Send a message via MSN to billbunton
I ordered back in May. Ordered Museum delivery; the first C7 I ever actually saw was while driving in to Bowling Green the day before delivery was scheduled.
billbunton is offline   Reply With Quote