Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-24-2023, 04:50 AM   #1
ukester

Drives: 2016 z06
ZL1-1LE insurance replacement costs?

With my 64 corvette i have a agreed value for it but my 23 ZL!-1LE i do not and really have not thought about it until now. Since this car and really all the years that this has been produced is collectable and soon irreplaceable have any started to think about putting a agreed value on there car? Do not know if its possible since it is this new but as it looks like today cannot be replaced. Would love to hear your thoughts on this as this model like many others will start to see a big rise in value soon after January and even before.
ukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 08:51 AM   #2
HemiDave

Drives: ZLE/DEMON/GLADIATOR/GSXR1000R/ZX10R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukester View Post
With my 64 corvette i have a agreed value for it but my 23 ZL!-1LE i do not and really have not thought about it until now. Since this car and really all the years that this has been produced is collectable and soon irreplaceable have any started to think about putting a agreed value on there car? Do not know if its possible since it is this new but as it looks like today cannot be replaced. Would love to hear your thoughts on this as this model like many others will start to see a big rise in value soon after January and even before.
The ZLE has been flying under the radar since it came out.

The reason for that IMO is GM has not pushed the ZL1 1LE (or any 6th gen) like say the Corvette.

Stay tuned on the future value...I think the ZL1 1LE will be very sought after, especially the manual.

The top dog Track Camaro with the big V8 and bespoke track suspension will be historic.

2018 Dodge Demon #1399
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 6 speed manual
2023 ZL1 1LE 6 speed manual
2018 Suzuki GSXR 1000R
2021 Kawasaki ZX10R

Last edited by HemiDave; 08-25-2023 at 06:50 AM.
HemiDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 09:54 AM   #3
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
USAA, my insurer, allows me to add a 20% bump to Blue Book value in the case of a total loss.
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 11:18 AM   #4
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
I have agreed value on my ZLE. Just checked my policy and the value is $81,650. Not too shabby!
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 11:40 AM   #5
jjgi5150

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiDave View Post
The ZLE has been flying under the radar as since it came out.

The reason for that IMO is GM has not pushed the ZL1 1LE (or any 6th gen) like say the Corvette.

Stay tuned on the future value...I think the ZL1 1LE will be very sought after, especially the manual.

The top dog Track Camaro with the big V8 and bespoke track suspension will be historic.
Hemi Dave has nailed it with his response. I believe the ZLE M6 will only increase in value over time. Manuals are already by the wayside, and the great close ratio TR 6060 in the ZLE is one of the very best manual transmissions in many years.

In my opinion, as the ZLE fades from production, A ZLE with low, well cared for miles should bring at or near the initial cost within 12-18 months.

If this does indeed happen, my only upset is the fact I won’t want to sell mine even if I could recoup costs or profit. I just love the car too much.

It’s sad to see GM fall into just the C8 as a performance flag, when Camaro was historically a performance emblem for them.

Take care,

JJ
2023 Hyundai SF Calligraphy
jjgi5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 12:59 PM   #6
Camfab

Drives: ‘23 ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiDave View Post
The ZLE has been flying under the radar as since it came out.

I could not agree more with your thoughts. It's the sleeper out there, in terms of potential high side.
As far as insurance is concerned, I have an agreed value policy with Hagerty.
Camfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 06:35 PM   #7
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
All of our cars will increase in value over the coming years. I have an agreed-value collector's policy with Grundy, which costs about half the price of regular insurance.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 06:47 PM   #8
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Florida is already weird about insurance stuff...

If you are that worried about it, get a quote from an EXOTIC insurer. Maybe you can start a trend for the ZLE guys.

My guess is, it is a "CAMARO"

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 07:20 PM   #9
Camfab

Drives: ‘23 ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Florida is already weird about insurance stuff...

If you are that worried about it, get a quote from an EXOTIC insurer. Maybe you can start a trend for the ZLE guys.

My guess is, it is a "CAMARO"

Fran really it's not about exotic, but about theoretical usage. If you are keeping it as a collector car or one that doesn't see daily usage like driving to work, it makes sense to get an agreed value policy.
You know up front the value of your car if it's totaled or stolen.
In the event of a wreck the insurers understand that you're not going to accept a run of the mill body shop using "like OEM parts". The plus side, as mentioned is the rates tend to be half of the normal insurance rate.
The downside is if you lie about usage you may be in trouble if you wreck using the car as a daily racking up miles and or outside of policy parameters.

One other thing, I don't believe any insurance carrier will insure you on any race track. It used to be, that they would consider instructional track days as "school." Wreck now, hopefully you have zero assets.
Camfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 11:43 PM   #10
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
USAA, my insurer, allows me to add a 20% bump to Blue Book value in the case of a total loss.

Same here... just switched to USAA and selected that option also.

Saving about $50 a month over AAA doesn't hurt either
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 12:20 AM   #11
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Both my Camaro's are on agreed value with Hagerty. I actually just did it last month, and there was a little back and forth over the SS because locally they are going higher than nationally.

Ironically, the prices for it dropped within weeks of the agreed value, so
Until renewal I know for sure I will be able to replace it if the worst happened.
Old 08-25-2023, 04:37 AM   #12
ukester

Drives: 2016 z06
It is not just a camaro!
ukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 09:23 AM   #13
bootss

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE with PDR
Book value on the ZLE is a joke and if I could get them for that price i'd have 3.

One to track
One to daily
One to garage queen.
bootss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 05:03 PM   #14
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukester View Post
It is not just a camaro!
Call it mass produced customizable interactive art.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk