Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 04:22 PM   #29
Reaper85

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
I know what the op means, we'll my interpretation. When I have to drive my Nissan versa it sucks. Gutless and boring. Great point A to point B car. That said, I don't think the op was even remotely trying to say he feels "gay" driving the rental. People read into things way to much these days. Then again I'm Canadian, so apparently that makes me lesser of a man so what do I know .
Old 03-16-2016, 04:25 PM   #30
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddudesrule View Post
Not really sure how to take your post. I'm both curious and offended at the same time. You sound like a pretty young dude, so I guess some slack is in order. If driving your Camaro makes you feel like a good old heterosexual male, all the power to you, but to say that driving another makes you feel "gay" is pretty crappy. Would it have been better if you said it makes you feel like "a girl". Bet the woman on this board would have liked that.....

Now I know a car forum isn't necessarily the place for political or social debate, but IMHO, save that crap for another place, preferably a private place.

I love the car experiences and the tech knowledge that we share here, but stuff like this wears thin......

Just an old dudes .02....and no OP, I'm not "gay", but my daughter is married to a wonderful woman, who my wife and I love dearly...
OK... I just reread his post, 5 times... because I'm old'er, 54... and I was scared reading comprehension was going with age.

I don't see anywhere in his post the word "gay". So, please enlighten me how this affects you and your daughter?

I think maybe you need to keep your private stuff, private?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
Old 03-16-2016, 04:32 PM   #31
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
OK... I just reread his post, 5 times... because I'm old'er, 54... and I was scared reading comprehension was going with age.

I don't see anywhere in his post the word "gay". So, please enlighten me how this affects you and your daughter?

I think maybe you need to keep your private stuff, private?
Think it's the subject line?
2010 1SS LS3, Black, 235/250, .621/.615, 114 + 4, Kooks Stepped Headers, 3.91's, Bo White PTB, Flowmaster Mufflers, Cold Air Industries CAI, Apex Scoop & Windshield Washer Relocate, SLP Wheels, Skip Shift Eliminate, Barton Flat Stick, OEM HID/Halos, Dyno Tuned by ECS
Old 03-16-2016, 04:35 PM   #32
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdynak View Post
Think it's the subject line?
Oh... *ay? really? LOL!!!

Do you guys even know what he means? Geez... even as an "old fart", I know what he means! Let me enlighten you...

*ay; equivalent to rubbish or stupid... to a light-hearted mockery or ridicule...

How people think these days!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
Old 03-16-2016, 04:39 PM   #33
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
a nissan sentra is the perfect car to drive to the yoga studio

Old 03-16-2016, 04:46 PM   #34
splashlog48

Drives: 2011 Green SS M6
Sad--You can't say Anything without offending a group of people
What used to be considered a form of insanity is Now considered the norm
Old 03-16-2016, 04:50 PM   #35
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by splashlog48 View Post
Sad--You can't say Anything without offending a group of people
What used to be considered a form of insanity is Now considered the norm
lmao. you can't offend me. trolling is an art.

Old 03-16-2016, 04:53 PM   #36
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddudesrule View Post
Not really sure how to take your post. I'm both curious and offended at the same time. You sound like a pretty young dude, so I guess some slack is in order. If driving your Camaro makes you feel like a good old heterosexual male, all the power to you, but to say that driving another makes you feel "gay" is pretty crappy. Would it have been better if you said it makes you feel like "a girl". Bet the woman on this board would have liked that.....

Now I know a car forum isn't necessarily the place for political or social debate, but IMHO, save that crap for another place, preferably a private place.

I love the car experiences and the tech knowledge that we share here, but stuff like this wears thin......

Just an old dudes .02....and no OP, I'm not "gay", but my daughter is married to a wonderful woman, who my wife and I love dearly...
Kind of sounds like you are making a bigger deal out of what he said than what was intended. All he stated was that he felt like less of a man because he is driving around in a POS car in his opinion. No where did he state or insinuate a "gay" comment however by the sounds of it you are on the defensive for an obvious reason. Perhaps not getting offended by what "young dudes" say is something you should work on. Free speech, I support it and I could care less what other controversial things people talk about on forums because in the end its not about what they think, it is about what you think, do, say, and act.

I know for a fact that I do not give two F**ks whether or not you or your daughter is gay nor does OP, you brought it up...

Just another "young dude" giving his .02
Old 03-16-2016, 05:03 PM   #37
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
It will be more fun!!
2010 1SS LS3, Black, 235/250, .621/.615, 114 + 4, Kooks Stepped Headers, 3.91's, Bo White PTB, Flowmaster Mufflers, Cold Air Industries CAI, Apex Scoop & Windshield Washer Relocate, SLP Wheels, Skip Shift Eliminate, Barton Flat Stick, OEM HID/Halos, Dyno Tuned by ECS
Old 03-16-2016, 05:22 PM   #38
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdynak View Post
It will be more fun!!
That is the topic. The op feels gay because of driving a Nissan. I can't figure out why that would make him want to change teams though. Interesting
Old 03-16-2016, 05:38 PM   #39
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
That is the topic. The op feels gay because of driving a Nissan. I can't figure out why that would make him want to change teams though. Interesting
No he ain't changing teams, he just misses his Camaro bad!
Old 03-16-2016, 05:53 PM   #40
Desert Dweller

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #334
Driving a Sentra shouldn't make you feel "gay". I could see if it made you feel like going to the grocery store, or Walmart, or parking in front of a single wide and calling it home.

Disclaimer: If you live in a single wide, have read this, and now you're offended, I'm sorry....sort of.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:54 PM   #41
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
He never mentions missing his car only how the Nissan makes him feel. I'm thinking that maybe his true interself is trying to escape. He may want to explore that a little.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:57 PM   #42
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
He never mentions missing his car only how the Nissan makes him feel. I'm thinking that maybe his true interself is trying to escape. He may want to explore that a little.
Sounds like you're a bit too interested in that.

Closed Thread

Tags
dealer, nissan, rant