Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 11:55 AM   #15
2Carats

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Freedom of Speech doesn't really exist... I didn't get the memo either. As I sit in the sandbox, fighting for "something that doesn't exist," I understand what you are saying. It has nothing to do with bashing one's preference... it's just a form of expression.

Now back to your regularly scheduled rant.
Old 03-16-2016, 12:00 PM   #16
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddudesrule View Post
Not really sure how to take your post. I'm both curious and offended at the same time. You sound like a pretty young dude, so I guess some slack is in order. If driving your Camaro makes you feel like a good old heterosexual male, all the power to you, but to say that driving another makes you feel "gay" is pretty crappy. Would it have been better if you said it makes you feel like "a girl". Bet the woman on this board would have liked that.....

Now I know a car forum isn't necessarily the place for political or social debate, but IMHO, save that crap for another place, preferably a private place.

I love the car experiences and the tech knowledge that we share here, but stuff like this wears thin......

Just an old dudes .02....and no OP, I'm not "gay", but my daughter is married to a wonderful woman, who my wife and I love dearly...
Does this offend you because he related your daughter's sexual orientation to a Nissan?
I know that would upset me. Now if they would have loaned him a Corvette and he said that it made him feel "gay", would have that bothered you? Just trying to understand.
Old 03-16-2016, 12:05 PM   #17
Skillet
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Does this offend you because he related your daughter's sexual orientation to a Nissan?
I know that would upset me. Now if they would have loaned him a Corvette and he said that it made him feel "gay", would have that bothered you? Just trying to understand.
He's just one of these ultra PC people who gets upset if anyone says anything that might slightly be interpreted to be gay bashing or anti-gay. Even though the OP's comment was not.
Old 03-16-2016, 12:18 PM   #18
deweyg63

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS 500+ h.p. monster
From one old dude to the olddude who responded to the original post......time to relax brother! You can't police what everyone says and if you could how boring would that be? Drive what you want, say what you want and don't worry about other people's fragile sensibilities
Old 03-16-2016, 01:08 PM   #19
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
"Land of the Oppressed, Home of the perpetually offended." You'll have your Camaro back soon enough OP. Sorry to hear about your loaner Nissan.
Amen Brutha!

If you want politically correct crap... stay outta car forums!!
Old 03-16-2016, 01:26 PM   #20
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
He's just one of these ultra PC people who gets upset if anyone says anything that might slightly be interpreted to be gay bashing or anti-gay. Even though the OP's comment was not.
Attached Images

Old 03-16-2016, 01:43 PM   #21
HOU_TX_SS

Drives: Camaro SS
smh. This is just sad...

Hope you get your car back soon O/P
Fully Built 416ci / Procharger F1X / Century Built 4L80 / ZL1 Differential / Alky Control Meth /Circle D Triple Disk / ID1300s / Fore Innovations Return / Kooks Full Exhaust / Holley HiRam / e85 / 15in Conversion on Forgestar Beadlocks / Tuner: Pat G
Old 03-16-2016, 01:52 PM   #22
FloridaBill

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE
The rental they gave me while my car is in the shop... Is ghey*

Old 03-16-2016, 02:01 PM   #23
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Just don't drive it on Fagot Ave. and you'll be fine.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/La...1e4aee!6m1!1e1
Old 03-16-2016, 02:04 PM   #24
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
+1

Maybe try "felt like a Mustang owner"

fixed that for ya: same meaning, better phraseology
Old 03-16-2016, 02:27 PM   #25
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Absolutely not true, and you draw that conclusion from what, one response? If you knew me, you'd know differently. PC is not in my nature, I just don't mind speaking my mind. Prefer to do it in person, because the anonymity of forums seems to bring out the meaness in folks...Thanks for the generalization.

I shared my opinion about the OP's post, and don't have an issue with anyone's comments regarding it. I'm all for saying whatever you want, as long as it's within reason (open to interpretation), but why bash someone for responding to what another says. I didn't belittle or talk down to the OP, I simply told him how I felt about his post......I found it a poor choice of words, and that's it.....Now I'm over it. You?
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Old 03-16-2016, 03:49 PM   #26
Skillet
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddudesrule View Post
Absolutely not true, and you draw that conclusion from what, one response? If you knew me, you'd know differently. PC is not in my nature, I just don't mind speaking my mind. Prefer to do it in person, because the anonymity of forums seems to bring out the meaness in folks...Thanks for the generalization.

I shared my opinion about the OP's post, and don't have an issue with anyone's comments regarding it. I'm all for saying whatever you want, as long as it's within reason (open to interpretation), but why bash someone for responding to what another says. I didn't belittle or talk down to the OP, I simply told him how I felt about his post......I found it a poor choice of words, and that's it.....Now I'm over it. You?
I'm over it and if I was there in person I'd give you a big hug to prove it. Two old dudes can hug right? I mean people won't get the wrong ideas will they?
Old 03-16-2016, 04:09 PM   #27
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
I'm over it and if I was there in person I'd give you a big hug to prove it. Two old dudes can hug right? I mean people won't get the wrong ideas will they?
Only if it is a Big Bear kind of a hug.. ya know sloppy & slapping the back kind of deal.. then it's ok.. ..
2010 1SS LS3, Black, 235/250, .621/.615, 114 + 4, Kooks Stepped Headers, 3.91's, Bo White PTB, Flowmaster Mufflers, Cold Air Industries CAI, Apex Scoop & Windshield Washer Relocate, SLP Wheels, Skip Shift Eliminate, Barton Flat Stick, OEM HID/Halos, Dyno Tuned by ECS
Old 03-16-2016, 04:20 PM   #28
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Attached Images

Closed Thread

Tags
dealer, nissan, rant