Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-20-2014, 08:24 PM   #1
Steffen

Drives: Ford Edge
Best possible price currently for 2LT RS convertible

Hello,

I've been contacting around 9 dealerships in order to get a 2014 Summit White Camaro 2LT RS convertible.

MSRP is around 39.300 (more or less confirmed by ALL of the dealerships)

Best offer yet is 37.250 plus tax + plate + shipping + paperwork, after putting a lot of effort into discussion with the dealer.

All of them let me know, I'm not eligible for GM family program or friends program (which is true, just came to US and don't know anyone here…).

I heard (!), the Costco program would put the 2LT RS convertible to $ 500 under invoice, which equals around $ 36.500 ?!??

Could this price be combined with the official GM incentives going on currently ( $ 2.000 )?
Can I even put on top a private offer of $ 1.500 ????

This would bring one down to: 36.600 (Costco) - 2000 - 1500 = 33.000 Dollar????

Can someone confirm or point out the catch on this story???

Steffen
Steffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:48 AM   #2
sstephen17

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS BRM
The GM incentives and private offer can be stacked with whatever price you get from the dealer. I called GM to verify this.

I had a dealer give me a Costco price but after getting quotes from other dealers, I actually got a quote on a 2014 2LT/RS for about $600 below the Costco price.
sstephen17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:04 AM   #3
Steffen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstephen17 View Post
The GM incentives and private offer can be stacked with whatever price you get from the dealer. I called GM to verify this.

I had a dealer give me a Costco price but after getting quotes from other dealers, I actually got a quote on a 2014 2LT/RS for about $600 below the Costco price.
That sounds great. Where is this dealer located? You'd like to mention the name?
Old 05-22-2014, 11:17 AM   #4
sstephen17

Glendora Chevrolet in California.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:12 AM   #5
Steffen

*Update*

Latest offer:

- Summit White 2LT RS 2014 M6 with beige leather, convertible, NPP (dual mode exhaust) for around $ 33.500 plus tax and paperwork and registration.

I decided to go for a M6 (love the shift paddles though) in order to get a LSD (LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL) for save winter driving!

Could someone help me answering this questions:

1) Still possible to place an order for a 2014 model (incentives are still available, soooo … ?!?!??)

2) Delivery fee of around $900 is negotiable??? I don't want to pay for this! I'm getting a new car from them - should be pleasure for them to deliver it for me.. no? Taking a fee for this… this sucks!

3) Car must be delivered before incentives expire??? Or just sign the order / contract is fine to benefit from the incentives?

I want this damn thing but after long term educational run and taking the decision of what I want, it seems those issues behind the questions above gonna kill me before reaching the goal… ???
Old 05-26-2014, 09:51 AM   #6
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffen View Post
*Update*

Latest offer:

- Summit White 2LT RS 2014 M6 with beige leather, convertible, NPP (dual mode exhaust) for around $ 33.500 plus tax and paperwork and registration.

I decided to go for a M6 (love the shift paddles though) in order to get a LSD (LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL) for save winter driving!

Could someone help me answering this questions:

1) Still possible to place an order for a 2014 model (incentives are still available, soooo … ?!?!??) I'm afraid not

2) Delivery fee of around $900 is negotiable??? I don't want to pay for this! I'm getting a new car from them - should be pleasure for them to deliver it for me.. no? Taking a fee for this… this sucks! Non-negotiable

3) Car must be delivered before incentives expire??? Or just sign the order / contract is fine to benefit from the incentives? Car must be delivered before the incentive expires - bingo - strike 3

I want this damn thing but after long term educational run and taking the decision of what I want, it seems those issues behind the questions above gonna kill me before reaching the goal… ???
It looks like you have more researching to do If I were you I would negotiate with the dealership with what your bottom-line price for out-the-door should be and go from there.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:55 AM   #7
Steffen

SERIOUSLY??????

That means all those incentives is just a huge trap and nothing more than garbage advertisement from GM to get people to the dealerships??
Once there, one will be told that the car can't be delivered within the next weeks, so the incentives will be expired????

What the heck??? Therefore, all these incentives and the private offer is totally ridiculous and useless, said the other way around: can only be used for cars being already in the lot!!??

Next big scam from GM:
Incentives are still available BUT like you people say, it's NOT possible to order a 2014 model at all??

This is like having coupons for the supermarket but the supermarket is sold out?!??!

Really? That's it? Did my homework (research, dealerships, forum) for many weeks and many hours and finally figured out how to get a decent price for a Camaro just to figure out it was for nothing???

I'm really frustrated now.. If GM is working with such "cheap trick doing a strike in customers face" advertisements, I should reconsider my options and take those Mustangs back into account…

I'll go to these two dealerships tomorrow again to talk plain english with them. Because non of them told me about those restrictions!!!
Again: such a behavior proves GM's strategy: get stupid customers down the dealerships and make the sales guys go from there…

Last edited by Steffen; 05-26-2014 at 10:57 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-26-2014, 11:35 AM   #8
sstephen17

If you read the full details of the cash incentives, it does say you must take delivery by so and so date.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:43 AM   #9
Steffen

… sure, I would take it. Rather today than tomorrow. BUT, it's the dealership (respectively Chevrolet..) which can't deliver on time… So where is my fault?
Old 05-26-2014, 01:04 PM   #10
Scarlet14

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Crystal Red Convert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffen View Post
… sure, I would take it. Rather today than tomorrow. BUT, it's the dealership (respectively Chevrolet..) which can't deliver on time… So where is my fault?

Steffen, you can't compare apples and oranges. The incentives and private offers, which expire 6/2/14 are for 2013 and 2014 new models. If you order today, you cannot order a 2014. Therefore, a new price and new incentive advertising will take effect.

I don't think any of this is false advertising, or deceptive in any way. If you have finally made your decision on what you want, then your dealership might be able to find you a similar car somewhere. Then you will be able to take advantage of the late year incentive offers on a 2013 or 2014.

Also, if you can't act quick enough to take advantage of current offers by June 2nd, I suspect the offers next month will be comparable or even better but, keep in mind that the inventories of 2013 and 2014s will decline and so your choices will be fewer and you may not get exactly what you want.

Good luck and welcome to the USA.

Scarlet14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:26 PM   #11
Steffen

Didn't know this. Makes more sense this way, but not enough to fall in love with GM's tactics.

I was just very angry because I spent so much effort to find the perfect configuration of the car, now that there ain't no business for me…

The configuration I would like to have is not available on any dealership's parking lot. (Summit white convertible 2LT RS, beige leather, M6, NPP).

I have been talking to many Ford dealerships, Chevrolet dealerships and to this amazing helpful people here in the forum
I wanted to finish, get a "close" on my goals… but now: pure sadness…

I have to wait for the final response of two dealerships tomorrow and Becky from the forum. If there is nothing they can't do, my journey of investigation starts all over again. But this time trying my luck with these nice Mustangs… fantastic cars, as well and (!) the supplier discount is drastically higher than the one of Chevrolet. That means, the Stang would be cheaper and therefore in the price range I'm looking for..

For me, I love both makes (sting and camaro), but the Mustang is a compromise only. But then again: highest priority is the budget: $33.000 plus taxes and stuffs around.

Thank's for help. If it's going to be a Mustang, I will miss this forum - very nice people here!

Steffen

Tags
camaro, dealer, dealership, offer, price