Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-03-2015, 02:42 PM   #29
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Lol of course his car can't run right at all with the stock tune with the mods he has. Plus if you take the tune off then you will have a check engine light
Old 12-03-2015, 03:01 PM   #30
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndangeredProdigy View Post
So you left your tune on while it was in the shop and that didn't cause any problems?
It was tuned and no issues at all at the dealer. They weren't doing anything related to the engine/trans so it didn't matter. If it had been related to the engine, I never would have taken it in because it was so far outside the warranty (modification wise) it would have been futile.

Another time, I had to take it in because the USB port stopped working in the console. No issue whatsoever pertaining to the tune. They changed it out and it was covered under warranty.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 04:06 PM   #31
EndangeredProdigy

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Ground Effects
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
It was tuned and no issues at all at the dealer. They weren't doing anything related to the engine/trans so it didn't matter. If it had been related to the engine, I never would have taken it in because it was so far outside the warranty (modification wise) it would have been futile.

Another time, I had to take it in because the USB port stopped working in the console. No issue whatsoever pertaining to the tune. They changed it out and it was covered under warranty.
Would you recommend me taking it to a performance shop for engine repair work instead of the dealer now that my warranty has run out to avoid the tune issue?
EndangeredProdigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 04:40 PM   #32
rock1962

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Dealers do not care, at least the ones I have dealt with. Had visible mods and a tune on my vehicles with no issues, they are just like everybody else they want your business and to go home at night so they can nuke their supper.
rock1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 05:47 PM   #33
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
I'd take the extra precaution and remove it. Its like what? 2mins!! Put back your tune after. Wont hurt your car to drive it untuned with just headers, even for a long time. I dont trust dealers and they dont trust you LOL

Its been floating that Diablosport and some other handheld programmer cant be detected if stock tune is back.

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 05:50 PM   #34
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndangeredProdigy View Post
Would you recommend me taking it to a performance shop for engine repair work instead of the dealer now that my warranty has run out to avoid the tune issue?
Since your warranty is out, it would depend on what level or repair. A complete engine rebuild, have someplace that specializes in that stuff build you one. Something like a radiator replaced, have the dealer do it unless you can save money by buying it yourself and paying someone else to put it in (radiators are really easy to take in and out of these cars. That was just an example.)
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 06:13 PM   #35
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Dude the whole reason to return a engine to stock tune is for warranty work on the engine or drivetrain that may have been related nothing too the car being modified but try telling them that with headers....................................... They will see the headers obviously and hey you know they will assume things and yes they if sticklers will not honor a powertrain warranty as most dealers crews hate warranty work... at least it seems that way. SO yes your exhaust is noticeable louder the headers are a easy to spot item and well ...... As the old saying goes you have to pay to play.

You would under bad circumstances such as a blown engine have to try to return the engine to stock which some have done and though they can see a flashing has occurred if they look for it in the cars ECU or tell a car is modded because it has not been demodded...and use that to deny warranty coverage.. I have heard of people demodding and trying to get the dealer to cover it, I do not know how many have been successful though...LOL its a dream..... like dealers not looking at exhaust headers as a way to deny warranty work.... a few rare ones do of course mod and sell the cars themselves, famous names of dealerships such as Yenko etc..... Places are not going to plug in a scanner to your obd2 port to look at the tune for tires, though if I had to demodify the car I would not want to try that dealership..... As many on here have had trouble trying to get dealerships to even honor any warranty work, why on this current page is guy getting hassled because he replaced his fuel door and has a CEL at the same time related to a trans problem most likely on a 15 SS.......

Last edited by christianchevell; 12-03-2015 at 06:32 PM.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 06:21 AM   #36
GHOSTRIDER-R

Drives: 2013 1SS, RS, Roof, Black on Black
Ahhhh what about differential work.... dam going in a few hours doubt I'd get a responce.... the rear o2'seat not connected :-/
GHOSTRIDER-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 06:52 AM   #37
TX_ED_SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER-R View Post
Ahhhh what about differential work.... dam going in a few hours doubt I'd get a responce.... the rear o2'seat not connected :-/
Not sure how rear O2 Sensor delete has anything to do with problems in the differential. Shouldn't be a problem.

U.S. Army Retired
TX_ED_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 06:27 AM   #38
GHOSTRIDER-R

Drives: 2013 1SS, RS, Roof, Black on Black
Covered :-) have to wait for parts
GHOSTRIDER-R is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, high flow cats, long tube headers, tuned