Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-25-2017, 06:32 PM   #1
CamaroCK
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS/RS
Exclamation Service Parking Assist + other problems?

So I was driving the other day going about 5-10mph in a parking lot and my car cut my power as if it lost traction, unlocked-locked the doors and some warning about traction popped up and went away. Drove home with no other problems. Later that day I was driving and heard some other sounds, as if i was dragging something with me. Pulled over and checked the engine bay to see that the A/C belt was completely torn. I recently replaced the AC belt as well as the serpentine belt and it was running great after.

Now, a few days later, I was driving about 25mph and all of a sudden the doors began to lock/unlock by themselves repeatedly about 4-5 times. It cut the power and read "service parking assist".
I kept driving for about 10 miles with no problems. When I arrived home, just as I was pulling into my garage, the car freaks out again, cuts power, my dashboard lit up, parking brake light, check engine light, etc and it shut off the engine on its own. Tried to get a pic but it all went away before I could.
Any idea whats going on??

Shorter version: Car is cutting power while going slow speeds, repeadetly locking/unlocking on its own, dashboard is lighting up with parking brake light, check engine light, etc.. One of the times the screen read "Service Parking Assist". It's a 2013 SS with RS package.

Any help is appreciated!!
Old 05-26-2017, 02:43 PM   #2
CamaroCK
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS/RS
Also noticed today it did the same thing after hiting a bump in the road