Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 11-26-2016, 11:56 PM   #15
lechess

Drives: LS3
Well guys i did some more polishing and im getting great results. Im either going to try the victoria red wax as i see many ppl happy with it. Or the pinnacle souveran wax. Whats a good place to order the victoria red wax? I see the pinnacle wax on autogeek.com
lechess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 05:59 AM   #16
BRZN

Drives: 2012 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by splashlog48 View Post
I never had any trouble with a California Duster either.
I've used them for years and so have a lot of my friends.
We get reported for recommending them ???
No, no, no. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Trouble would only come (I believe) if you bash a forum supporting sponsor.

If you're having success with the California Duster, and feel comfortable with it by all means continue its use. For me, I've found that a good Waterless Wash and a premium Waffle Weave Waterless Wash specific microfiber towel works better. The Waterless Wash has lubricating properties that help keep the dust from sliding itself directly across the paint, and the nature of the towel (its weave) helps pull the dust into the towel rather than being drug across the surface.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:31 AM   #17
Sheriff Justice
If your not 1st your last

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lechess View Post
Well guys i did some more polishing and im getting great results. Im either going to try the victoria red wax as i see many ppl happy with it. Or the pinnacle souveran wax. Whats a good place to order the victoria red wax? I see the pinnacle wax on autogeek.com
If you choose Pinnacle Souveran today is the day to purchase. AG is having 25% off cyber sale. Get the Souveran ($95) and something else for $5+ dollars and you get the coupon discount and free UPS ground shipping.
Example: P.S wax and $7.99 waffle weave microfiber glass towel = $77.24 after discount shipped.

Never tried Souveran, but I currently use Pinnacle black label Synergy on the Camaro and Wolfgang Füzion on my other vehicles. Both are great, but Synergy is hands down the best wax I have ever used (it's pricey $195). Füzion is the same price, but you get a free refill when you finish the first tub. If you purchased Füzion with the cyber sale you would get it delivered for $146. $73 per wax tub is not bad.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:11 AM   #18
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Carpro USA for the Victoria Red Wax. Use code 15OFF to get a 15% discount.

https://www.carpro-us.com/brands/Victoria-Wax.html

If you want to try the Pinnacle as well, I have an almost full tub of it. My car is not garaged, and I rarely use wax on it. I generally only use wax when I detail someone's garage queen. I usually use the Vic's just because it lasts longer then Pinnacle.
I'll be glad to send you the Pinnacle, it would be better put to use by you instead of just sitting in my detailing cabinet.
Just PM me your address and I'll send it to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZN View Post
No, no, no. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Trouble would only come (I believe) if you bash a forum supporting sponsor.

If you're having success with the California Duster, and feel comfortable with it by all means continue its use. For me, I've found that a good Waterless Wash and a premium Waffle Weave Waterless Wash specific microfiber towel works better. The Waterless Wash has lubricating properties that help keep the dust from sliding itself directly across the paint, and the nature of the towel (its weave) helps pull the dust into the towel rather than being drug across the surface.
I never bashed Adams. In fact I've spent around 1K with them. Adams has great customer service. I've learned stuff and met some really good people on their forum.

Dylan Von Kleist used to frequent this forum, and represented Adams. But he never lied to promote their products. I actually bought stuff from Adams and he told me I could get certain things cheaper from other places, but I told him since he was honest, I'd go ahead and get it from him.

Dan and Ben who are in customer service are fantastic. Dan even once offered to replace the 1 year old lids on my buckets I bought from Adams, which had cracked due to me sitting on them. No way I would expect Adams to be responsible for this. I actually found them @ Lowes for around $15 for the two. He then told me he would give me $15 off my next order. No way I would accept. He also helped me with a few detailing things that had nothing to do with selling an Adams product. Real class act guy and an asset to Adams.

Darryl (Odds and Ends Detailing) who frequents the Adams Forum (He is a professional detailer) helped me several times without pushing an Adams product down my throat. Great experienced detailer who uses Adams products. Moreover, an honest person who will gladly help anyone. Another class act guy.

It's too bad you can't follow in their footsteps.

Waffle weave towels are thin, and even the nice Korean ones over time get rough to the touch. Plush microfiber is much better for waterless because unlike waffle weave, it has the ability to pull the dust up into the towel.

The last post I ever made on the Adams forum was in a thread where a member experienced light marring from his Adams Great White Waffle Weave Drying Towel after washing it many times.

Other members experienced the same thing and posted it as well. Another member added that he bought the Uber drying towel from Phil at Detailer's Domain, which is a plush microfiber. Solved his problem. He was then dogged for mentioning a DD product. DD SELLS ADAMS PRODUCTS TOO!

Phil who runs DD is an HONEST, GREAT GUY! My post was DELETED. I said why is it against the rules to mention a product Adams doesn't offer, when it's sold by someone who actually sells and helps support Adams products? Absolutely unethical practice from you and Chris.

So I left the Adams Forum. Funny as soon as I left, you then joined on here to continue on posting lies and ridiculous things in my posts on here. WHEN AGAIN I'M JUST TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE!

If someone likes Adams products and doesn't mind the extra cost involved vs. some of the alternatives, that is their choice. But I don't BASH Adams. I just offer ALTERNATIVES that work as well for less money in some cases. Because my goal is to help someone save money as well if I can.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 11-27-2016 at 07:38 AM.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 12:21 PM   #19
lechess

Pm sent
Old 11-27-2016, 08:26 PM   #20
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
just for shine I would say Meg's 26, but I am partial

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 10:31 PM   #21
lechess

Before polish and after correcting polish.
Attached Images

Old 11-30-2016, 10:46 PM   #22
lechess

I have a question about buffing pads. I have a polishing pad that ive been using to polish my car. I have washed it about 4 times. Today i went to use it and it had some dust. Does it mean the sponge Deteriorating and its trash? I didnt get much use from it.
Old 12-01-2016, 05:31 AM   #23
BRZN

Could be either the pad deteriorating or simply dried polish residue that wasn't completely washed out.

Look over the pad closely; are there signs of it coming apart, if not wash it again.
I wash my pads by hand. I rinse them with water until the water runs clean out of the pad, I then spray them with an All Purpose Cleaner, massage that into the pad by hand, and let it dwell for a few minutes. Finish up by rinsing again until the water runs clear from the pad and let the pad sit in a dish strainer to thoroughly dry. Do not store the pads in sealed plastic bags and be sure they're dry before putting them away. A damp pad put away in a plastic bag will deteriorate.

Notice the difference in the face of these two of my pads.
This one is worn out:

This one is still in great shape:

Last edited by BRZN; 12-01-2016 at 05:56 AM.
BRZN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:06 AM   #24
lechess

Will the put swirls into the paint if its a worn pad? I already ordered a new pad but it will take a week to get here. After it was washed good it still has dust coming out of it
Old 12-01-2016, 04:26 PM   #25
Joe M 2012 2SS

You didn't saturate the pad with enough APC/or rinse it well enough, if your still getting dust from it. Try this method in this video done by Dylan Von Kleist. Works every time. As he states, be sure the water is running clear.

A plastic dish drying rack works great for air drying your pads, only don't use your girlfriend's/wife's, you'll be in the doghouse for a few days if you do!

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 12-01-2016 at 04:55 PM.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:15 PM   #26
BRZN

Quote:
Will the put swirls into the paint if its a worn pad? I already ordered a new pad but it will take a week to get here. After it was washed good it still has dust coming out of it
No, it shouldn't. The worn one in my picture was still being used with no ill effects. It would if it's worn to the point the velcro material is making contact with the paint. Just keep a close eye on your work, and stop if something doesn't look right.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:34 PM   #27
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
No you shouldn't get swirls. The cut of the pad will be compromised though. If your pad was only used four times, and you only did one panel with it each time, it shouldn't be that beat up.

I don't have an Adams cutting/polishing pads, but I do have two of their 4" sealant pads. I've used one of them on 6 different cars and it still works fine, just discolored from the sealant. Any sealant will discolor a pad. Pad doesn't have any worn spots though. This pad is much softer then the one you are using. (orange or white)

If yours is beat up, I'd take a picture and get it to Dan, who is with Adams CS. He will make it right.

My 4" pad after using on 6 cars. Used one on L, new on R. After it's completely dry after cleaning, I do store it in the plastic bag it came in. No ill effects.
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2016, 05:19 AM   #28
BRZN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
If yours is beat up, I'd take a picture and get it to Dan, who is with Adams CS. He will make it right.
Pads are a normal wear item through use. Expect them to wear out. They all wear differently due to their cell structure/composition and the chemicals used on them. Adam's will replace it for sure if the pad was defective.

I wonder if some people take their worn tooth brushes back to the Dollar Store for replacement?