Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-21-2016, 10:06 PM   #15
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDG45A View Post
I had a set of Nitto 555R's on a Mustang I bought and now have set of Nitto Motivo on the '12 Camaro I bought a few months back. I have had problems with the steering wheel shaking in the mid-60's with both sets. I haven't been able to get them balanced to the point of being satisfied with them, despite having a shop do a Road Force Balance that some said would help. At this point I wouldn't recommend Nitto's at all.
And that is the same issue I had with the Nittos. Both the Invos, and the Motivos........On MPSS now.......Much better tire, but the cost will make you

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:14 PM   #16
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
you had the same problem on 2 sets of tires but the PSS tires solved the problem?
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 12:26 AM   #17
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
I'm currently running FALKEN high performance all seasons. I'm also a fan of HANKOOK tires.
Dizzy is right...I have Falken Aziens ...they are a great tire with a good price tag.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:55 AM   #18
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Love my MPSS's.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 07:27 AM   #19
vegas girl

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS BRM convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDG45A View Post
I had a set of Nitto 555R's on a Mustang I bought and now have set of Nitto Motivo on the '12 Camaro I bought a few months back. I have had problems with the steering wheel shaking in the mid-60's with both sets. I haven't been able to get them balanced to the point of being satisfied with them, despite having a shop do a Road Force Balance that some said would help. At this point I wouldn't recommend Nitto's at all.
WOW....I LOVE the Nitto Motivos I put on my Camaro last November. So much better grip/traction than the stock Pirelli Zeros

2013 2LT/RS BRM Convertible
vegas girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 08:58 AM   #20
JWade

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/RS, L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas girl View Post
WOW....I LOVE the Nitto Motivos I put on my Camaro last November. So much better grip/traction than the stock Pirelli Zeros
Same here. I have had a couple of sets, one on a gto and this set i just recently purchased to replace the stock pirellis. Both sets have been great.