Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 12-04-2016, 11:34 AM   #43
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZN View Post
rontammy0, have you tried:
http://www.adamspolishes.ca/
No...I dont see Adams products where I live....ill have to look around some ore.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 11:40 AM   #44
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
No...I dont see Adams products where I live....ill have to look around some ore.
If you can get Megs, their D300 compound and DMC microfiber cutting pads are very easy to use and produce great results with a dual action polisher.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 11:45 AM   #45
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
If you can get Megs, their D300 compound and DMC microfiber cutting pads are very easy to use and produce great results with a dual action polisher.
Thanks
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 04:47 PM   #46
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
Nothing to add here, just want to say that Joe M is a class guy, and is ALWAYS trying to be helpful. Has sent me some of his unused items, at his cost, and I for one appreciate the hell out of his advice and contributions.

Jim

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 05:46 PM   #47
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroJim56 View Post
Nothing to add here, just want to say that Joe M is a class guy, and is ALWAYS trying to be helpful. Has sent me some of his unused items, at his cost, and I for one appreciate the hell out of his advice and contributions.

Jim
Jim your too kind! You take your time to make decals and those AWESOME Camaro calendars for fellow members.

I'm just a detailing junkie who tries everything I can get my hands on (that I can afford!). If I'm not using some of them, giving them to someone who likes/uses them just seems the right thing to do.

No one is getting my Lusso Auto Bathe though!

Not recommending it, it's way too expensive, but if they wash cars in heaven, this is what they use!

Most of the things I've learned have been shared with me from professional detailers, especially this guy. If you google honest, his name would probably come up.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Old 12-05-2016, 11:44 AM   #48
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazman View Post
Thank you I am mostly concerned about the small strip of paint between my factory stripes. I plan to buy a buffer and try it for the first time within a couple of months.
I feel your pain with that strip of paint in the middle lol. Since my paint strip is wider I don't have a problem, with yours though maybe hand polishing would be best for now. But like I said earlier that's where painters tape comes into play, for areas like that. Positive side though is that area should not hard to remove swirls, a couple passes and you're set. Hard to tell in my sig but there are some thin stripes in the middle that I don't even bother with polishing that small strip of paint lol.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:41 PM   #49
BRZN

Drives: 2012 1LT
What Ace0751 stated, hand polishing that strip would be a good option. As others have stated, tape off the vinyl with a tiny bit of overlap onto the painted area. With the tiny bit of overlap you'll not be packing polish or wax/sealant along the edge of the stripe.

4" or smaller pads are a great option to get into that space if you have a machine that supports those smaller sized pads; a Porter Cable with a 4" pad compatible Backing Plate, a Rupes Mini, or Rupes Nano are great tools.
Old 12-05-2016, 04:30 PM   #50
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Adams Americana is great stuff imho. Have been using Adams stuff for a few years now and they have great products and great Customer Service imho. Don't have the time to go OD like used to and know getting old and Senile but what is this product? Something brand new?
Quote:
Adam's Gloss and Go is awesome to use between strip washes. Great protection when you have a short time crunch and want to go from wash to finish in one step.

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 05:01 PM   #51
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUSDRVR View Post
Adams Americana is great stuff imho. Have been using Adams stuff for a few years now and they have great products and great Customer Service imho. Don't have the time to go OD like used to and know getting old and Senile but what is this product? Something brand new?

No it's not new. It's called Guard & Gloss. It's a water activated acrylic resin sealant. Provides for any easy way to apply protection after a wash. Durability average is two months.

Another option which is even easier is Carpro Hydrofoam. You just wash/dry the car. No buffing required. Hydrofoam lasts 3 months, it also sheet/pool rinses fabulously on initial and subsequent washes, leaving very little water to dry.

Guard & Gloss can also be applied dry, but does require buffing. A couple other options for dry application are Blackfire Crystal Seal, and Ultima Paint Guard Plus. These are wipe on/walk away sealants that require no buffing. Blackfire and Ultima last 2-3 months as well, and you can do the car in 10-15 minutes.

By the way, the Blackfire Crystal Seal is buy one, get one free at Autopia today. If you like something fast/easy for protection, you will like this product.

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 12-05-2016 at 06:04 PM.