The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 04:21 PM   #29
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarshall2121 View Post
Youre the one that singled out California. I was just pointing out the fact California isnt the ONLY state raising MW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
Federal minimum wage is $7.25/hr.

California minimum wage is $10.50 on its way to $15, I think.
I was just responding to your saying the minimum wage is a federal thing by pointing out that California's minimum wage is much higher than the federal.

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarshall
California is never going to become Detroit. also, the min wage thing is Federal, not just Cali.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:51 PM   #30
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Much of the blame for Detroit''s downfall can be laid at the feet of Coleman Young. Probably the worst mayor in the history of the universe.
Coleman was a thief no doubt, but Kilpatrick is in the federal pen for 26 more years. Thank god!
Old 05-19-2017, 03:40 AM   #31
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
Quote:
"All the other kids are doing it" is not really a good reason.

Assuming worker productivity does not rise proportionate to wages, high minimum wages simply incentivize companies to use less people. That doesn't help workers as a whole.

We will see a day, probably sooner rather than later, when all fast food ordering is done at a kiosk. Then robots will be developed to cook the food and the entire store will need a staff of maybe two. So that is lost opportunity for tons of people to get a foothold in the job market.

Businesses that can't automate will either cut staff or hope that customers will pay a higher price for whatever it is they are providing. And we know how that charging a higher price thing usually works out.
thank you!
this is what im noticing. and when people with high paying jobs or good jobs chime in with this its good stuff it is not. not even 6 months and this min wage spike has been offset.
I use to go to carls jr 1 time a week for a 2 big burgers 1.25$ each now its 1.56$ thats out of the question now eating out as a whole.
my food budget of 45$ every 2 weeks became 75$ every week and going fresh only cut 15$
it is easy to point out things are not bad when you have a salary job or a job working contracts in areas that are expanding.
but when the life blood min wage job decline in the food industry grocery stores and in general the service industry it hurts people who depend on that area to make money to even survive.
truth be told.

I love my Camaro maybe a little to much. but I don't want car payments I want a beater but when I had that I was spending 400$ a month in repairs and gas alone I was making new car payments to keep a Junker going
I drive 30-60 miles a day depending on where my post is at.
I mean its all over papers around California we have a dieing service industry. http://www.sacbee.com/news/state/cal...136478098.html
I don't get how people don't look at the numbers and go were growing as a state were not!
Old 05-19-2017, 07:51 AM   #32
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
Minimum wage is one small piece of what's killing California. Look at your taxes. Companies are finally saying enough is enough and moving to states that want them. When they move the business out of state, the jobs go with them but not many of the people. Over time this reduces the state income and they find other ways to squeeze money from those still living there. How much did CA just raise gas taxes, something over 30%. Whether you like them or not, sanctuary cities are a huge drain on the state bank account that don't generate any income in return. But, hey, it's your state.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:43 PM   #33
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
This thread is turning into Detroit...
Old 05-19-2017, 05:35 PM   #34
Liquidity
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarshall2121 View Post
This thread is turning into Detroit...
This thread is turning into Detroit = (translation) I'm a Liberal and I totally disagree with that video.

Back on topic-I just want to say at least the Camaro and Corvette is STILL being made even tho Detroit has become the ARM-PIT of America. Also, I had no idea Detroit was such a beautiful city pre-1950. Thank God for Canada and their manpower taking over the manufacturing of the Camaro!

Old 05-19-2017, 05:48 PM   #35
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
This thread is turning into Detroit = (translation) I'm a Liberal and I totally disagree with that video.

Back on topic-I just want to say at least the Camaro and Corvette is STILL being made even tho Detroit has become the ARM-PIT of America. Also, I had no idea Detroit was such a beautiful city pre-1950. Thank God for Canada and their manpower taking over the manufacturing of the Camaro!

Gen6 Camaros are made in Lansing Michigan. 'Fake News' Brought to you by...Liquidity, as usual.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:21 PM   #36
Liquidity
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
Gen6 Camaros are made in Lansing Michigan. 'Fake News' Brought to you by...Liquidity, as usual.
My mistake. Well this is good news however I wished the Camaro was made in a Southern state like SC, NC or Alabama. The Tundra is made in Tennessee and BMW makes Bimmers in SC-they all do very good work in the South. The 4th Gen Camaro was made in Canada so it's easy to say Canada makes a lot of GM stuff these days.

I'm watching FAKE NEWS (CNN) now so maybe I am brainwashed like everyone today, if you can't beat them, join them.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:31 AM   #37
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
Quote:

Isn't like jeep spending a ton of cash to retrofit a factory in Detroit I remember hearing that 8months ago? And if so I hope that brings back some hope.
I remember as a kid I wanted to live in Detroit
Mostly because MOTOR CITY, all I knew was cars I wanted to work in the factory's putting cars together. To be honest I would work a assembly line again for like 10-15$ an hour 20$ would be nice but its not really needed.
To bad we can't use Detroit for like a movie set for post apocalypse moves.
Maybe just pay the people who live there for extras or to build sets.

People there are already making urban farms? Maybe teardown the trashed homes for farm land, pay the people to farm food for the remaining city left? Has to be something the country can do to revive the state and Detroit.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:11 PM   #38
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
My mistake. Well this is good news however I wished the Camaro was made in a Southern state like SC, NC or Alabama. The Tundra is made in Tennessee and BMW makes Bimmers in SC-they all do very good work in the South. The 4th Gen Camaro was made in Canada so it's easy to say Canada makes a lot of GM stuff these days.

I'm watching FAKE NEWS (CNN) now so maybe I am brainwashed like everyone today, if you can't beat them, join them.
5th gen was made in Canada though...
Closed Thread