Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-10-2016, 11:30 AM   #1
Toonaro

Drives: 2015 RS Commemorative Edition
MyLink Home Screen

Hey Guys:
Have any of you had difficulties with MyLink returning to the input-source screen after you disengage reverse? For instance, I can be listening to Sirius or Bluetooth and whenever I reverse, then put back into forward gear, it returns to the main menu screen instead of the input source, (input doesnt change just the screen).
Additionally, whenever it was on Bluetooth and the car restarts it defaults to FM radio instead of going back to the correct input.
Taking it to the dealer tomorrow to have them check it out because it's annoying as heck.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:06 PM   #2
BigRed82

Drives: 2015 2LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonaro View Post
Hey Guys:
Have any of you had difficulties with MyLink returning to the input-source screen after you disengage reverse? For instance, I can be listening to Sirius or Bluetooth and whenever I reverse, then put back into forward gear, it returns to the main menu screen instead of the input source, (input doesnt change just the screen).
Additionally, whenever it was on Bluetooth and the car restarts it defaults to FM radio instead of going back to the correct input.
Taking it to the dealer tomorrow to have them check it out because it's annoying as heck.
I've never had the first problem but my car automatically defaults to the FM radio after I have shut the car down while listening to Bluetooth. I'm not sure why that is... both 5th gen camaro's I've owned have done that. It's pretty inconvenient but I've never looked into getting it fixed, I just assumed the MyLink programmers were dumb. My wife's Mazda CX-5 goes back to Bluetooth - why can't my camaro?
BigRed82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 12:30 PM   #3
benji276289

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS1LE, 6 spd.man., Ora
Send a message via Skype™ to benji276289
Mine defaults to the USB source but not immediately. It will start out on whatever source I left it on, then within seconds go to USB. These things are as buggy as hell.
benji276289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 09:49 AM   #4
Toonaro

Drives: 2015 RS Commemorative Edition
They did a software update which took about 45 mins. It corrected the problem of it returning to the home screen after I take it out of reverse. Still have the issue of it going to the FM radio after startup (if it was in Bluetooth mode). From what I read everyone's seems to do that so I'll learn to live with it.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:26 PM   #5
SteveSneed

Drives: 2011 RS V6 Vert, 2017 Sportage SX-T
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed82 View Post
I've never had the first problem but my car automatically defaults to the FM radio after I have shut the car down while listening to Bluetooth. I'm not sure why that is... both 5th gen camaro's I've owned have done that. It's pretty inconvenient but I've never looked into getting it fixed, I just assumed the MyLink programmers were dumb. My wife's Mazda CX-5 goes back to Bluetooth - why can't my camaro?
What I've found is that if your last source was a radio (AM, FM or XM) then the unit will reliably return to that. If your last source was bluetooth, aux or USB, the unit will start up with whatever radio was last used while it (tries to) connects to the most recent last source - if it can connect, it will switch over to the last source, and if it can't, it falls back to the last radio source.
SteveSneed is offline   Reply With Quote