Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-29-2023, 10:26 AM   #1
Ah.Shaltaf

Drives: Camaro 5 Zl1
Help me please code P023A

I have owned the ZL1 2015 since 7 months.
After I washed the car from bottom ( not engine bay), I got check engine light.
O2 sensors which got fixed after drying and the code “ P023A-00 Charge Air Cooler Coolant Pump Relay Control Circuit “.

Took it to the dealer and he asked to change fuse box and I did with no success. Then went and bought new pump and the code is still there. Took it again to the dealer and he is asking me now to change ECM with new one and he will program it again in which I will lose the tune and of course around 800 dollars with labor costs.
Car runs normal but I hate that if another issue appears and I cant figure it out because of the engine light.

Car is fully OEM except for the headers and the air filter plus the dyno tune. Please help me!
Ah.Shaltaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 10:27 AM   #2
Ah.Shaltaf

Dealer checked wirings and he said they are okay.
Old 03-29-2023, 10:49 AM   #3
Ah.Shaltaf

One of the guys here had the same issue and he told me his issue was from the chiller drawing too much voltage and he asked me if I have a chiller but Im not sure about that. Any idea guys?
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2023, 04:14 PM   #4
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah.Shaltaf View Post
I have owned the ZL1 2015 since 7 months.
After I washed the car from bottom ( not engine bay), I got check engine light.
O2 sensors which got fixed after drying and the code “ P023A-00 Charge Air Cooler Coolant Pump Relay Control Circuit “.

Took it to the dealer and he asked to change fuse box and I did with no success. Then went and bought new pump and the code is still there. Took it again to the dealer and he is asking me now to change ECM with new one and he will program it again in which I will lose the tune and of course around 800 dollars with labor costs.
Car runs normal but I hate that if another issue appears and I cant figure it out because of the engine light.

Car is fully OEM except for the headers and the air filter plus the dyno tune. Please help me!
You mentioned you washed from the bottom, assuming it was on a lift and you power washed underneath while on the lift? If you soaked the o2 sensors they should have been ok unless you have damaged wiring or they are installed incorrectly and not sealed and you got water in the as you mentioned you have headers so they would have been relocated.

Unless the engine under belly has been removed you would get water into the sc pump wiring, but if someone removed it because they were too lazy to shape it for headers then you would have soaked it. But if they disconnected it and replaced with new you would hope they would at least wd 40 the connections since you told them they got wet. Simple question did you try to reset the code.?
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 06:47 AM   #5
Ah.Shaltaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMEnow View Post
You mentioned you washed from the bottom, assuming it was on a lift and you power washed underneath while on the lift? If you soaked the o2 sensors they should have been ok unless you have damaged wiring or they are installed incorrectly and not sealed and you got water in the as you mentioned you have headers so they would have been relocated.

Unless the engine under belly has been removed you would get water into the sc pump wiring, but if someone removed it because they were too lazy to shape it for headers then you would have soaked it. But if they disconnected it and replaced with new you would hope they would at least wd 40 the connections since you told them they got wet. Simple question did you try to reset the code.?

Yes it was on a lift, so o2 sensors are okay after they dried. But IC pump code is still going. The wash was done 2 months ago. And I told dealer about it and he said wiring is fine only ECM is bad from his troubleshooting and testing.
Resetting Code is useless as it returns after resetting right after a short drive.
Old 03-30-2023, 06:48 AM   #6
Ah.Shaltaf

Im like 10 min away from ordering a new ECM but Im afraid it won’t solve the issue. ��������
Old 03-30-2023, 07:45 AM   #7
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah.Shaltaf View Post
Im like 10 min away from ordering a new ECM but Im afraid it won’t solve the issue. ��������
You have a tune on the car, do you have a copy that you can reflash? ECM failures are rare on this car, the early failures where traced to loose connections and poor grounding at the ECU itself. Also poor grounding around the neg cable when adding CAI and or failing batteries.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 10:07 AM   #8
Ah.Shaltaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMEnow View Post
You have a tune on the car, do you have a copy that you can reflash? ECM failures are rare on this car, the early failures where traced to loose connections and poor grounding at the ECU itself. Also poor grounding around the neg cable when adding CAI and or failing batteries.
Thank you for your patience, Im still a noob with what you are seeing
I have upgraded the old CAI which was installed (was k&N) and bought the JLT one. And I was told that I need a new tune. And I saw someone here locally who tunes the car on different modes (Sport+, track etc) but Im not sure if this can be done on my car. Because tbh I cant feel any difference in performance between touring and sport+ in the current tune. So I guess I have to retune the new ECM if I will have to get a new one.
No idea where to check for poor grounding or how to check.But I installed a new battery a month ago.

Thank you again
Old 03-31-2023, 03:23 PM   #9
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I am like you I do not think buying a new ecm is the problem but if you did get it wet it might be. I would think it would have had to been really soaked to mess it up but if you think it got soaked pull the plug in and look at the pins. See if they are wet still or have any dampness inside the plug in that goes to the computer. Put it back on the lift and check all of your ground wires and even the ground by you CAI cause that can make the computer go nuts if everything is not gounded right. Let us know what you find out.
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
code, help me i'm a noob, intercooler, intercooler pump, zl1