Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #7183
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 BADSS View Post
That looks awesome!!!! We're still waiting on ours, even though we were 1st on the list since Sema 2009, lol!
I was on the waiting list for ever too.
I actually went to Montreal and had a tour of the facility that makes the body kit. That place is awesome. The guys at ACS do a great job.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #7184
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Well, I got the new LPE twin clutch setup and new clutch slave installed tonight.. along with most of the clutch hydraulics swapped out. A little more work remains... coming down the home stretch.

I swapped out the clutch line with the Tick Stainless steel line, and have their remote bleeder kit installed as well. Will make for very quick fluid changes for the clutch in the future. The entire clutch system will be replaced when done.

Remaining:
Need to swap out the master clutch cylinder with the Ideal modded one. That means the driver's seat needs to come out :(:( (It took me 3 hours to put that seat in...) so I have room to get way up under the dash to get to that part.

Fill clutch with dot 4 fluid, bleed the clutch, put in the driveshaft, bolt up the exhaust, and I should be back in business!

Then it goes to Portsmouth Chevrolet to get aligned and corner balanced on the alignment rack.

P.S. My wife is so nice to let me work on the car all evening and IGNORE her. She needed a compliment, so this is it. Thanks Sweetie! (she was looking over my shoulder)
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #7185
2010 BADSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman2SSRS View Post
I was on the waiting list for ever too.
I actually went to Montreal and had a tour of the facility that makes the body kit. That place is awesome. The guys at ACS do a great job.

I know, they are awesome! We really can't wait to get ours! It's all good about the wait, I'd been joking with Kevin about it for some time because I was going to get it for Darren's birthday, then Christmas, then Valentines, then ...Martin Luther King, etc. I know Tim is on top of it now!. It's not like we haven't been busy with all the other stuff going on. REALLY though, your car does look awesome!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
Well, I got the new LPE twin clutch setup and new clutch slave installed tonight.. along with most of the clutch hydraulics swapped out. A little more work remains... coming down the home stretch.

I swapped out the clutch line with the Tick Stainless steel line, and have their remote bleeder kit installed as well. Will make for very quick fluid changes for the clutch in the future. The entire clutch system will be replaced when done.

Remaining:
Need to swap out the master clutch cylinder with the Ideal modded one. That means the driver's seat needs to come out :(:( (It took me 3 hours to put that seat in...) so I have room to get way up under the dash to get to that part.

Fill clutch with dot 4 fluid, bleed the clutch, put in the driveshaft, bolt up the exhaust, and I should be back in business!

Then it goes to Portsmouth Chevrolet to get aligned and corner balanced on the alignment rack.

P.S. My wife is so nice to let me work on the car all evening and IGNORE her. She needed a compliment, so this is it. Thanks Sweetie! (she was looking over my shoulder)

Cool! Looking forward to see how you like the clutch! Also looking forward to see how all your changes work for you on the track!!!!

Hey MWS, I was thinking about you the other day, when I was buying landscape plants and saw a cool pecan tree. We love your house project! Can't wait to see the finished project, as well as the garage, as well as the car WITH the new tranny installed, he he. RS and I were talking the other day about planning a visit to come see you guys. We just have to figure out when.
DSS 9" rear with 3.90 gear
Pfadt suspension/Hotchkiss chassis brace
Forgeline Wheels VR3S/Nitto tires

Beware of the LPE Sisterhood
2010 BADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:24 AM   #7186
600hp-lpe

Quote:

Cool! Looking forward to see how you like the clutch! Also looking forward to see how all your changes work for you on the track!!!!

Hey MWS, I was thinking about you the other day, when I was buying landscape plants and saw a cool pecan tree. We love your house project! Can't wait to see the finished project, as well as the garage, as well as the car WITH the new tranny installed, he he. RS and I were talking the other day about planning a visit to come see you guys. We just have to figure out when.
Hi Diana,
Glad to see you pop back in.. you guys must be busy. Getting any time out to do any more HDPE'S?

I already had the same LPE clutch installed.. just freshening up everything.

I want to hear from Garth (blue70ss) on theStreet Slayer Triple disc clutch he just installed.. wether it fixes the ultra high RPM shift issue.
I am (I think we all are) plagued by that problem as well, and don't think what I just installed will fix that..

The suspension changes came out awesome.. yes, I can't wait to start running again! It should make a huge improvement on the track.

Yes, Visit MWS..Although He is probably up to his eyeballs in construction stuff, redoing the whole house over..

I went and saw his operation a while ago.. before the garage mahal was completed on the inside. Very cool setup Mike has going in that little piece of TX...
Old 06-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #7187
se7en

Drives: 10 Procharged SS
Hope everyone is well.

I was able to come home for a 2 week R&R here recently and was able to play around a little bit with Camaro. Here is a video of my LPE monster racing a modded up 09 Shelby GT500 where we both had almost perfect lights. Sorry for the quality as it was taken on an Iphone. His mods included an aftermarket SC, cam, headers, DR's and race fuel. He had mentioned some work done to the suspension, but wasnt sure if he said he had a 9" in it or not.

1/8 mile local track at I57 in Benton, IL

se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #7188
600hp-lpe

cool! looks like you had him right out of the gate..
Old 06-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #7189
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman2SSRS View Post
We ended up painting the whole car to make sure all the panels matched.
The car never matched quite right from the factory, and after being on a road course the front bumper really needed a repaint anyway.
Here's a rear shot.
Nice rear on that car!
That paint and ground effects look amazing!

Quote:

Sweet, It's really great to have brothers and sisters come to visit! We can have a Lingenfelter house warming party!
We should be completly done with the house about mid August. Well interior mid July, but landscaping and finish work on exterior about a month later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
Hope everyone is well.

I was able to come home for a 2 week R&R here recently and was able to play around a little bit with Camaro. Here is a video of my LPE monster racing a modded up 09 Shelby GT500 where we both had almost perfect lights. Sorry for the quality as it was taken on an Iphone. His mods included an aftermarket SC, cam, headers, DR's and race fuel. He had mentioned some work done to the suspension, but wasnt sure if he said he had a 9" in it or not.

1/8 mile local track at I57 in Benton, IL

Mustangs are a tasty snack at the track.
So much fun to spank the stangs!
When do you get home for good? Stay safe!

CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #7190
se7en

I'll be home and on a 5 week vacation by July 1st
Old 06-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #7191
600hp-lpe

Quote:
I'll be home and on a 5 week vacation by July 1st
Does that mean we will see you at the C5Fest? I hope so...
Old 06-10-2012, 09:35 AM   #7192
se7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
Does that mean we will see you at the C5Fest? I hope so...
Yes sir! Hotel already booked
Old 06-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #7193
mws444

Quote:
Yes sir! Hotel already booked
I hope I get a chance to meet you out there.

I am trying to figure out a way to be there, although I may be carless I am going to try to make it.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #7194
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
I hope I get a chance to meet you out there.

I am trying to figure out a way to be there, although I may be carless I am going to try to make it.
Rentals are good

I spent Thursday, Friday and Saturday in Dallas for the end of the Hot Rod Power Tours and the OPTIMA Challenge Qualifying Event. The first event was the autocross and speed stop challenge. Due to a change in the location of these events they were very different from the setups the last few years out at Spring Mountain. The AC was so tight it was miserable for high power cars and favored smaller lighter less powerful cars. The parking lots for both events have just been sealed making the surfaces slick. The LPE L/28 did well in both, but did not place. That isn't what she was built for. On the road course, we finished second to a highly modified ZR1 Corvette. The Vette had functional front and rear aero creating hundreds of pounds of down force. It had more RWHP and of course was a minimum of 700 pounds lighter.

We are still dialing in the L/28 as a TEAM. The suspension has been tweaked to include the new Z style rear bars and bushes. We adjusted the alignment and corner weighted the car. The difference front Left to Right is 4 pounds with the driver, fuel and track ready. The cross weights almost perfect. The gurus at LPE tweaked the tune, clutch and swapped out the rubber using the new ZL1 rear tires at all four corners. Our driver Dave Mikels got his first real seat time in the car. You can see how his confidence in growing in the L/28. As an engineer, Dave knows that a 4,100 car can't do certain things, but he is learning that LPE and Pedders can do more than most think possible

In the video you'll see the L/28 running the track at the same time as the highly modified ZR1. It was hot and the ZR1 was running too hot after about three laps. The ZR1 is FI and the L/28 is NA. The L/28 can run a bit loger and that is why you see Dave passing the ZR1. The track told us that 2:15 lap would be really fast. The ZR1 ran consistent 1:59s. Dave wqas not consistent in the L/28. He kept turning faster laps: His best was a 2:01 before we retired with a nickel and dime issue (the oil pressure sending unit was leaking oil at the fitting :(

We had issues with our data logging equipment The next time I am track side with the L/28 we'll have a new OBDII can bus cable and HD camera to provide better data and video.

This is only the second time the L/28 has run hot laps. We have less than 20 total hot laps on her. Dave is getting to know her better and is faster with every lap he runs. We'll run her three or four more times before we hit the track in Vegas. I want to thank all the people at LPE staring with Mr. Lingenfelter for allowing me to be part of the LPE L/28 TEAM!

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #7195
mws444

WOW!!! Conagrats PETE!!! LPE and Pedders are all worthy of putting a great car together!
Dave is an awsome driver, Lingenfelter, and Pedders can achieve great things.

I am with you on the car, there is a lot room to just get better. Dave will have that car down with more seat time. Nice to see Chevy making the car better as well with the improvements to the ZL1. Ford is not asleep on the design front, the Rustangs are making up ground on us, glad Chevy is not sitting still.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #7196
ClevelandPlasma

Drives: 2010 Ford Raptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I can tell you are still a Camaro guy at heart. You would never let your Camaro sit out in the rain!
Na, as a Corvette and Camaro owner myself, I will take the Vette everywhere as it can not get door dings or any dings for that matter. No rust to worry about either on the body.

I love driving the Vette, I love looking at the Camaro, and the Raptor is just awesome.

Now I am sure I would love to drive the Camaro more if a Supercharger was added. But its cheaper to buy a used Camaro with a Supercharger and extra's added already. Anyone need a Camaro with 1,100 miles on it

ClevelandPlasma is offline   Reply With Quote