Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-31-2019, 05:47 AM   #1
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Turbo questions

Hi guys. So I'll be ordering my turbo here in the next few weeks. As of now the motor is stock. This is for my 15 SS auto. I'm going to run it on my stock setup for the rest of the year.I'm also switching to E85. Figured I'll run around 8-10 psi max for now. I will be adding a turbo cam this winter and possibly getting into the bottom end depending. My questions are what needs done to make sure this is right and as safe as it can be for stock internals? What fuel system upgrades? Catch can? Different map sensor? Any info you guys could give or any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ryan
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 07:37 AM   #2
NoDakZ/28

Drives: 2014 Z/28 CTF
Which kit do you have in mind? First off, I would not recommend keeping you fuel system stock if you're wanting 8-10psi on E85. I'm running Fore's kit and I love knowing I will never run out of fuel. My engine is on stock internals, and I ran my Huron setup two years on 9psi without any upgrades. Zero issues, I now have a stage two turbo cam and top end parts. I run a mighty mouse wild can and it does the job nicely. It will depend on your tuner for a map sensor. I kept my factory sensor since my tuner tunes by MAF. All I can say is if you have the time and some cash to do it right and get the best parts available, in your price point. These cars parts get expensive so buying quality will help you in the long run.
2014 Z/28 #99008 CTF SIM
NoDakZ/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 11:42 AM   #3
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
ZL1 fuel pump at least. Jannetty racing sells a programmed fuel pump flow control module to go with it. I am going to be using their DX1050 injectors. Catch can. Running 9-10psi on a Whipple. Good tune will be key. I would not keep the fuel system stock for 8psi
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 12:40 PM   #4
jeff657756

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
E85 will help. go with a dual fore fuel system if you can swing it. If not then a zl1/aux pump combo. I also wouldnt push it much with stock afm lifters so you might as well do the cam at the same time. I run a mighty mouse can. If anything i would worry about your trans before stock bottom end.
Old 05-31-2019, 02:19 PM   #5
gunchamp

Awesome info guys!
Old 05-31-2019, 02:20 PM   #6
gunchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
ZL1 fuel pump at least. Jannetty racing sells a programmed fuel pump flow control module to go with it. I am going to be using their DX1050 injectors. Catch can. Running 9-10psi on a Whipple. Good tune will be key. I would not keep the fuel system stock for 8psi
The jannetty module doesnt need any tuning?
Old 05-31-2019, 02:22 PM   #7
gunchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff657756 View Post
E85 will help. go with a dual fore fuel system if you can swing it. If not then a zl1/aux pump combo. I also wouldnt push it much with stock afm lifters so you might as well do the cam at the same time. I run a mighty mouse can. If anything i would worry about your trans before stock bottom end.
Yeah, I'm going to go to an LS3 setup and delete the afm/dod crap. I know there is no guarantees, but do you think the factory stuff is fine with no more than 8psi for a summer? Thanks
Old 05-31-2019, 02:50 PM   #8
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Subbed I want to turbo mine. Can’t wait to see what you come up with.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 05:32 PM   #9
gunchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDak1LE View Post
Which kit do you have in mind? First off, I would not recommend keeping you fuel system stock if you're wanting 8-10psi on E85. I'm running Fore's kit and I love knowing I will never run out of fuel. My engine is on stock internals, and I ran my Huron setup two years on 9psi without any upgrades. Zero issues, I now have a stage two turbo cam and top end parts. I run a mighty mouse wild can and it does the job nicely. It will depend on your tuner for a map sensor. I kept my factory sensor since my tuner tunes by MAF. All I can say is if you have the time and some cash to do it right and get the best parts available, in your price point. These cars parts get expensive so buying quality will help you in the long run.
Was planning huron if single and agp if i decide to go twins. Havent decided on which yet
Old 05-31-2019, 08:23 PM   #10
gunchamp

So dynosteve did my remote tune, but will not tune a turbo car through email. Does any reputable tuner do remote tunes or do any of you know a good tuner somewhat close to me? Nearest city to me is Altoona in central pa. Thanks