Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-25-2016, 07:13 AM   #1
12blkgrayRS

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 2LT 6spd man
Front end mask availability?

Anyone know when a front end mask will be available for our cars? I know the Novistretch has something, not really warming up to those all that much, plus the cost.
12blkgrayRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:53 AM   #2
stmbtwilli

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 2SS
What's not to like about the Novistretch?
Attached Images

Old 05-25-2016, 08:57 AM   #3
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Everybody always comments on the look of the novistretch. I don't particularly think it's nice either but it's the only one to protect the radiator against rocks and bugs. Which if you damage your radiator it's not warranty. I'll take the novistretch every time ..,I use it only on long trips ,I could care less what people think of it when I'm sitting in a truck stop somewhere in East Jesus. No other bra comes off in two minutes, and washes out in the sink of your hotel to go on the next morning.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 09:42 AM   #4
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Its function over looks with the novistretch. for what it is and does, why not just get it? sure its butt ugly, but it works. and they can be as pricy as they want since there is no competition. get it or wait for something cheaper.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:48 AM   #5
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
They should make one to match the colors! When my SS was two weeks old, I already had a tiny rock chip on the bottom of the front bumper. Pisst me off, now had to go to Chevy, buy touch up paint and have someone buff it out.

Thinking about clear bra but they want $500 installed.. not too shabby however. But since my car is read, a red mask wouldn't look too bad.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 10:06 AM   #6
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
why not a clearbra? will protect better against rocks and easy to clean bugs off.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 10:07 AM   #7
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
why not a clearbra? will protect better against rocks and easy to clean bugs off.
doesn't protect the radiator
Old 05-25-2016, 11:38 AM   #8
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Not being a smart ass, but when was the last time someone you know had a radiator damaged on the highway? And how much are you willing to spend to protect the radiator vs the price of replacing it? Meaning, spending $xxx to prevent the rare possibility of damage to a $xxx radiator. I have driven all types of cars all over the country and never had an issue. Just my 2 cents but a damaged radiator is the least of my worries.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 02:35 PM   #9
Drags1998

Drives: 15 SilveradoLTZ,162SSVert BlazerRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Not being a smart ass, but when was the last time someone you know had a radiator damaged on the highway? And how much are you willing to spend to protect the radiator vs the price of replacing it? Meaning, spending $xxx to prevent the rare possibility of damage to a $xxx radiator. I have driven all types of cars all over the country and never had an issue. Just my 2 cents but a damaged radiator is the least of my worries.
Agreed, I'm going for a Clear Bra, I just don't care for the Black look!
Drags1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 02:50 PM   #10
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
for me, getting that novistretch would be more for cosmetic protection and to keep the bugs out of the damn condenser. mine looks like a fuggin bug graveyard.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:58 PM   #11
Ricardo@Phastek

Drives: the boss nuts....
Send a message via AIM to Ricardo@Phastek Send a message via Yahoo to Ricardo@Phastek
Right now just the clear bra and Novistretch that I know of.
Ricardo@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 03:30 PM   #12
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
for me, getting that novistretch would be more for cosmetic protection and to keep the bugs out of the damn condenser. mine looks like a fuggin bug graveyard.
Agreed.....Google radiator damage...it happens on every board ive been on....and even if you think yours is indestructible, hope you never hit love bugs, they coat a radiator in seconds....radiator protection is just one advantage of the novistretch.

http://gm-volt.com/forum/archive/ind.../t-124970.html

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/...-radiator.html
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 05:11 PM   #13
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Everybody always comments on the look of the novistretch. I don't particularly think it's nice either but it's the only one to protect the radiator against rocks and bugs. Which if you damage your radiator it's not warranty. I'll take the novistretch every time ..,I use it only on long trips ,I could care less what people think of it when I'm sitting in a truck stop somewhere in East Jesus. No other bra comes off in two minutes, and washes out in the sink of your hotel to go on the next morning.
Attached Images