Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 03-07-2011, 06:37 PM   #15
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
I did a little investigation work on the two hotels in Sanora.....the Comfort Inn is about a mile or 2 off I-10 down Hwy 277.....the Best Western is right at the intersection if I-10 and 277.....and the reviews on the Best Western are pretty good. SO, with that in mind.....I Vote on the Best Western. the Best Western Reservation line is 1-800-780-7234

SO.....what do ya'll think......

Last edited by Sir Nuke; 03-11-2011 at 04:12 PM.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:18 PM   #16
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Alright... I'm trusting you Nuke. If they have bed bugs I'm coming after you...
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:26 PM   #17
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
Alright... I'm trusting you Nuke. If they have bed bugs I'm coming after you...
hey.....ANY PLACE could have them.....if your afraid of that....I suggest you sleep in the car! lol
Old 03-07-2011, 07:31 PM   #18
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
hey.....ANY PLACE could have them.....if your afraid of that....I suggest you sleep in the car! lol

BWAHAHAH.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:33 PM   #19
Happy Pappy
Sam & Marsha

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Black
Not sure if any one is interested in this but I checked on a place in Van Horn which is about 8 1/2 hours from Chandler. This would leave the Houston folks a 10 hour drive on Monday and the SA folks a 7 hour drive.

The name of the place is El Capitan and they have 38 rooms available on the 17th. (basically the whole hotel) Rooms vary from $75 - $169 but we may be able to do better if we booked the whole hotel. I have added a link so you can take a look and see what you think. There are a lot of other hotels in Van Horn but this is a little different.
http://www.hotelelcapitan.net/

Let me know if this is something you might be interested in and we can try to work out something with them.
Happy Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:57 AM   #20
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I'm thinking the Best Western in Sonora sounds great. I like the idea of spending more time on the road Sunday and making Monday the shorter drive. I don't want to skid in to SA Monday night and then have to turn around and head to work at 7am on Tuesday feeling tired as hell.

I really wish I could take the whole week off and just go drive around and see as many sights as possible, but unfortunately I only get so many days off from work (and getting back on Monday is still going to put my PTO in the red).

I still need to make my hotel reservations for Las Cruces.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #21
Fleet1
Pres. H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Corvette & Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
I like the longer option the first day. If we leave at say 10:00am, that puts us in the hotel around 11:00pm. I know it's a long stretch, but the next morning we get up and the drive isn't near as bad home. I'm taking the next day off to recoup, but my wife will be going back to work. I'd rather not get home really late that day. What do you guys think?
I'll follow you Russ, ARD is getting the car before I go so I maybe able to keep up with you
Fleet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:11 AM   #22
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS

So, Best Western?

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:48 AM   #23
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post

So, Best Western?
Thats where the HTOWN folks are staying so far....and have their reservations already.......its easy off, easy on....
Old 03-21-2011, 12:00 PM   #24
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Pappy View Post
Not sure if any one is interested in this but I checked on a place in Van Horn which is about 8 1/2 hours from Chandler. This would leave the Houston folks a 10 hour drive on Monday and the SA folks a 7 hour drive.

The name of the place is El Capitan and they have 38 rooms available on the 17th. (basically the whole hotel) Rooms vary from $75 - $169 but we may be able to do better if we booked the whole hotel. I have added a link so you can take a look and see what you think. There are a lot of other hotels in Van Horn but this is a little different.

Let me know if this is something you might be interested in and we can try to work out something with them.
Pappy, that sounds better for me as well... I'm in, though I need to call them. i'll wait for you to let me know whats on with that... My wife doesn't like 10 hour drives... and at least two cars there is a little comforting... I want one of the better rooms.. maybe...

edit:, just went and looked at the site, yup, I'm in... let me know when you want me to call and reserve a room...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:39 PM   #25
66olds442
Born Olds, Living Chevy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS: VR A6
I won't be staying the night anywhere on Sunday as I Live in San Angelo which is about 45 minutes north of Sonora. I am down to caravan with you all till a little after Fort Stockton.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:10 PM   #26
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66olds442 View Post
I won't be staying the night anywhere on Sunday as I Live in San Angelo which is about 45 minutes north of Sonora. I am down to caravan with you all till a little after Fort Stockton.
Come on, I'm sure to the different stopping points there will be a pretty big crowd.. Everyone just pulling off where they need to..

Are you running with us to the Fest...?

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:20 PM   #27
Happy Pappy
Sam & Marsha

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Pappy, that sounds better for me as well... I'm in, though I need to call them. i'll wait for you to let me know whats on with that... My wife doesn't like 10 hour drives... and at least two cars there is a little comforting... I want one of the better rooms.. maybe...

edit:, just went and looked at the site, yup, I'm in... let me know when you want me to call and reserve a room...

Robert,
Just booked my room for the 17th and found out they have special April pricing. Booked a small suite for $115. They still have plenty rooms with a wide variety of choices. Hope we can get some others to join us. Here's the link again for anyone that may be interested in joining us.

Happy Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:13 PM   #28
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Pappy View Post
Robert,
Just booked my room for the 17th and found out they have special April pricing. Booked a small suite for $115. They still have plenty rooms with a wide variety of choices. Hope we can get some others to join us. Here's the link again for anyone that may be interested in joining us.

I will call and check on the cheapest room i can get. I will roll with you guys since we are all from the Austin Area.

I like the looks of the hotel too... pretty neat! Any other takers?? or will it only be the big boys stopping at El Capitan????