#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-03-2018, 08:46 AM   #15
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPODFAN11 View Post
Big whoop. Order your $HIT so it gets built and delivered during spring/summer/fall if you are that worried.
+1
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 09:55 AM   #16
Torquem
Bannable

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
truth hurts lol

2017 ZL1 A10 - Hyper Blue Metallic
Rotofab CAI, TM ported TB, AWE non res touring catback with PLP's
Torquem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:11 AM   #17
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Lolz at people who think you can Time the build/delivery of a ZL1 1LE. It doesn’t work like that ladies.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:13 AM   #18
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Also lolz at comparing a GT3 cup car to a Camaro. You can buy 3 ZL1 1LEs for the price of a new cup car, and have all 3 meticulously treated for any salt exposure along with thorough professional paint correction.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:40 AM   #19
MoreSpeed

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
Mine came perfect. No chips. No issues. I agree that you should not accept a car that has problems, but I am not sure that the logic works... this car had a problem, so damn the whole brand. I suspect millions of cars are shipped by car carrier.

Sold 2010 997 GT3, 2016 WRX, 2006 997 C2S, 2003 996 C4S, 2001 Boxster S, 1997 E420 AMG
etc..
MoreSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:46 AM   #20
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
I wonder why GM doesn't just spend a couple bucks and wrap the cars? I always see Audi's on the hauler and the whole car is covered.

-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:49 AM   #21
Sooner Cole

Drives: 2019 ZL1-1LE A10
Just this week I saw two haulers back to back loaded with ZL1-1LE's driving down I-35 in OKC. None were wrapped and they were getting rained on. My understanding is they also set outside in the elements at the factory waiting on shipping. I've seen a dealer take a Corvette delivery from a covered hauler and the car was fully wrapped. GM might want to rethink this as it is beginning to cost them business.
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2018, 12:08 PM   #22
likerage

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktechla View Post
I wonder why GM doesn't just spend a couple bucks and wrap the cars? I always see Audi's on the hauler and the whole car is covered.
Funny you say that cause I ordered an RS3 and people over there were complaining about paint damage due to the wrapping. Apparently it whips the car over long periods of time and eventually damages it. Sounds like its common to need touch up paint upon delivery.
likerage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 12:31 PM   #23
ZZebes

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17ZL1Camaro View Post
Just this week I saw two haulers back to back loaded with ZL1-1LE's driving down I-35 in OKC. None were wrapped and they were getting rained on. My understanding is they also set outside in the elements at the factory waiting on shipping. I've seen a dealer take a Corvette delivery from a covered hauler and the car was fully wrapped. GM might want to rethink this as it is beginning to cost them business.
I'm waiting on my white 1le right now and I really hope that one isn't mine
Old 03-03-2018, 12:42 PM   #24
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Kinda seems silly to me.

You wanted the 1LE becuase you know its a better car. Now you are going to pout over a car you never had and get the Porch.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:36 PM   #25
dgreenberg

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 #352, ‘16 ACR,
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17ZL1Camaro View Post

What day did you take that pic?

I think one of those cars was mine! It was delivered to Port Lavaca, TX on Thursday 3/1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dgreenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:39 PM   #26
GTR1LE

Drives: 2016 Toyota 4Runner TRDPRO
I don't usually post when it is generally a matter of opinion, but I feel that I should on this one. I have had a few cars in my time and I have lived exclusively on the west coast where we don't usually deal with corrosion issues like say the east coast. So, when I purchased my SS 1LE in February of 2017, it didn't even cross my mind to look at the undercarriage for any type of corrosion or rust, BIG mistake on my part. My car has the dreaded aluminum corrosion and fairly significant surface rust on the ferrous metal parts of the undercarriage, suspension, rear differential, exhaust, etc. I wasn't very impressed by this, as I had not experienced this with any of the other new cars that I have purchased, which include Corvette's, GMC trucks, Acura, Audi, Ford, Honda, Lexus, Subaru, Toyota and various other marques. Silly me decides to contact GM about this issue, I was certain that they would take my concerns seriously and work with me as a valued return customer, right? WRONG! They basically called me stupid, and said that there was NO WAY that the car had any of the issues that I had mentioned. They shuffled me around and had me waste my time, and in very short order, closed the case, as there was not an issue as far as they were concerned. I learned a few valuable lessons - 1. It's a Chevy, I guess that they don't care about their reputation and are fine with negating their customers concerns. 2. I quickly decided that I will not let a car, especially a Chevy (as it certainly appears that Chevrolet does not care) let me get bummed out, so I decided to enjoy the car, because after all, it is a great car and a blast to drive. As I said before, I generally don't post anything about how I feel, too many opinions are given that no one really cares about, but since I lived this, I felt that it was appropriate for me to join in on the conversation.

Last edited by GTR1LE; 03-03-2018 at 11:17 PM.
GTR1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:21 PM   #27
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
Lolz at people who think you can Time the build/delivery of a ZL1 1LE. It doesn’t work like that ladies.
Truth...

Look at my signature, ordered in May, built in Jan. Still sitting in Lansing.

In mostly sub freezing temps and snow. Sitting loaded on DOT R compound tires.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:47 AM   #28
The_DarkKnight

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
tons of surface scratches, scuffed finger marks on door, fingernail scratches in door handle, even some buttholes name on my roof where he signed paper on it
The_DarkKnight is offline   Reply With Quote