The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-18-2015, 01:16 PM   #29
ChevyAV03

Drives: 03 Z71 AV PM; 14 Convert 2ss/rs AGM
While we're at the daydreaming and mentioning of side steps reminds me of my '63 step side C10 I owned, lets make a new version of that
3 on the Tree
ChevyAV03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 01:27 PM   #30
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
As much as I'd love to see this truck happen, I don't see it becoming a reality. :(
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 03:51 PM   #31
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
No plans for production as far as I know.
Thank you. You would be better fitted to answer than most.
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:12 PM   #32
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Camaro5.com... general discussion about Camaros.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
False.
Nope, he's right ... sorta. The Camaro5 sub-forum '5th Generation General Discussion' is for "General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums". It says so right under the the link for 5th Gen General, as well as at the top of the 5th Gen General sub-forum.

On the other hand ... we do not consider ourselves, nor do we aspire to be a general Camaro site. We focus on one specific generation, although we do have subforums for previous gens & a sister site for the 6th gen (your screen name & login from Camaro5 will get you into Camaro6 as well as Corvette7).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTG View Post
It took you three posts to point this out?

If you don't like it, move on. It's a Chevy and this is a Chevy website. And most of us are car enthusiast's and can appreciate more than just a Camaro.
Which is why we have a General Automotive & Other Cars section, so that people can talk about other cars (not even limited to other Chevy's) on Camaro5. But some people don't know, or refuse to acknowledge, that this section exists. As such, they post their thread in 5th Gen General & then wonder why it gets moved or why people complain that its in the wrong forum.

Which brings me to another matter ... in online discussions, the word 'forum' has two meanings. One is the website that hosts those discussions (ie, Camaro5). The other is the categories of discussion that exist on that website (ie, 5th Gen General, ZL1, Regional, DIY & How To, etc). In my experience, 9 times out of 10, when someone says 'wrong forum' on a website, they are using that 2nd definition. But when someone sees the words 'wrong forum', 9 times out of 10 they assume that the first definition is being used.

And yes, this thread was moved into General Automotive & Other Cars
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:28 PM   #33
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
As much as I'd love to see this truck happen, I don't see it becoming a reality. :(
I can see a "sport truck" based on it, but there is not a chance in hell that we will ever see the Cheyenne Concept in all its carbon fiber glory on the dealer showroom.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote