Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-07-2014, 06:47 PM   #29
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
[QUOTE=Stock Boy;7643662]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post

I saw the one where you're up the Vette's ass. His lines were ALL wrong and you just ate him up in the corners.
[QUOTE=Texzen;7643857]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock Boy View Post

x2 on this one. You completely out drove and out braked him.

Great job & great video!
Thanks, it was a blast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T View Post
Yea,.. nice car,.. bla bla bla.
(I can say that, I am a 1LE owner also.)

But I watched the first vid and what stands out is your mad driving skills.

You hit your marks and held your line comfortably. Touched the apex's like you drove there a hundred times. Poured it on and waited to shift like you were in tune with the car and track. You let the car sort it out instead of lifting when things got squirrally.

All I can say is ,... Nice Driving!

Oh,... and the car performed flawlessly too.
Thanks, and yeah about not lifting it's funny cause going thru 18,19,20 your flat out in 3rd gear and it feels like your going to lose it, and you have to be hitting max G's.I told Kirk this when i rode with him, i dont think he could go thru there flat out though since his car is so much faster, i cant remember Kirk, were you able to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcsi99 View Post
Good stuff Mark, Your lines are perfect and you look very smooth. I like your camera mount idea too. I've noticed that the speadware bar is a little low for a regulator roll bar mount from go pro. After stacking every GoPro mount I have I was able to get it high enough, but it's not very stable. I purchased the GoPro 12 inch mount, but it is also very unstable. Balue, I like your camera position. It looks like your using a headrest mount like the one below? I have recaros so I can't remove the headrest, but I'll keep them anyway

I did the same thing, had everything to get the camera as high as possible, and i saw your pic in that Harness belt/Recaro thread...*ucking sickim going there as soon as i get out of this thread, you should post your pic here.

Quote:
Now for the feedback,...

You wasted time racing the corvette and not the track. Also there were several times you anticipated the turn, instead of powering into them. The tires would have pulled you thru them when you downshifted into them. Let the car talk to you.
I see your in Utah, im running Miller Aug 15-16 come out and have fun with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgws6 View Post
Were you using the stock GY F1 tires? I'll bet if you were using softer racing compound tires and tune up that engine for a tad more power you would have wiped the field of all except possibly the race prepped 430... I'm still smiling about this.
Dude, yeah if i had the set up Kirk has im pretty sure i would of been at 1:50 mark i have no doubt, and yeah, Goodyears.Hey i just sent Kirk a PM about something and brought up You,me,KRich,CRT,Orange crush,Balue running Laguna next year, interested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 1LE View Post
I've gotta say, this is a good era for us Camaro guys. We are kicking ass at the track, like no other time in the Camaro's history.
No kidding Todd, i wonder if anyone at GM is paying attention to us?
Quote:
Nice!
[QUOTE=EarlyApex;7644668]
Quote:
Good stuff Mark, Your lines are perfect and you look very smooth. I like your camera mount idea too. I've noticed that the speadware bar is a little low for a regulator roll bar mount from go pro. After stacking every GoPro mount I have I was able to get it high enough, but it's not very stable. I purchased the GoPro 12 inch mount, but it is also very unstable. Balue, I like your camera position. It looks like your using a headrest mount like the one below? I have recaros so I can't remove the headrest, but I'll keep them anyway

[/QUOTE

I have one of those mounts, very shaky due to the whole seat moving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzobian View Post
Awesome video, can't wait to hit the track myself
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyApex View Post
It was cool that you could see the vette in the passenger rear view mirror before the pass.

Looks like you had a lot of fun.
Thanks, it was absolutly the best, im still on cloud nine from the shock of seeing that 1:54 on the time sheet, and then to get the homepage
Old 05-07-2014, 07:19 PM   #30
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
Quote:
Dude, yeah if i had the set up Kirk has im pretty sure i would of been at 1:50 mark i have no doubt, and yeah, Goodyears.Hey i just sent Kirk a PM about something and brought up You,me,KRich,CRT,Orange crush,Balue running Laguna next year, interested?

Definitely interested. I want to time my laps next time around. Since I was only there for the first time this year I did not get the chance to do it. I was more focused more on technique and learning the track.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:26 PM   #31
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
Quote:
I see your in Utah, im running Miller Aug 15-16 come out and have fun with me.
I think I would enjoy that.
Mark T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:32 PM   #32
cornerspeed92

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgws6 View Post
Definitely interested. I want to time my laps next time around. Since I was only there for the first time this year I did not get the chance to do it. I was more focused more on technique and learning the track.
Sweet
Quote:
I think I would enjoy that.
I have been wanting to run this track every since i was there for the 1st superbike race. It was shortly( by shortly like a year and a half later) after my 130 mph crash and my bike days were over.It was cool though as i still knew everyone. This will be a kick.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:58 PM   #33
MTCobra

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Mark,

Interesting line through the hairpin. I would have never guessed that would be a fast "Camaro" line but it really seemed to work. Seemed significantly faster than the line I used.

After watching you in the cones before the front stretch I'm convinced I lost time here as well. I pinched the car down too much and should have let it run a little wider in spots.

Next time.
MTCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:11 AM   #34
Orange Crush 1LE

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Quote:
I'd definitely be up for a rendezvous next year with you guys, whether at Laguna Seca, Buttonwillow or elsewhere. The challenge with Laguna Seca is that anyone with a loud aftermarket exhaust such as Kirk or me won't pass the sound limit, if it's a typical 90 or 92 dB day. This year, all of the high dB days were bought up by the auto manufacturers, leaving none for HPDE organizations. I will be competing in a NASA time trial at Laguna Seca this July 26 - 27, but it's a race-only weekend, no HPDE. It's the only 105 dB day available this year. Let's hope next year will be different.
Buttonwillow Raceway: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389086

Last edited by Orange Crush 1LE; 05-08-2014 at 09:16 AM.
Orange Crush 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:58 AM   #35
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
So I gotta ask,.. what happened at 15:20 in the vid, with the cones?

I love your late entry in the turns, so remenicent of sbike styles.
(a bud of mine ran sbikes)

Push out the apex till you need it. Y know lol.

Been over a decade since I drove on a track. Really want to again. The rock was a challenge.
Mark T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:26 AM   #36
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Great job out there and after all these videos of you guys racing I've booked my first event next month at The Ridge in Washington. It's amazing how much people spend modding their cars and I keep posting the number one mod is the guy in the drivers seat. It's less to do with the car than having a great amount of driver skill that let's you kick butt, Great driving on your part.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:27 PM   #37
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
How about that '12 Boss 302 on RACE tires ?
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:19 PM   #38
cornerspeed92

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTCobra View Post
Mark,

Interesting line through the hairpin. I would have never guessed that would be a fast "Camaro" line but it really seemed to work. Seemed significantly faster than the line I used.

After watching you in the cones before the front stretch I'm convinced I lost time here as well. I pinched the car down too much and should have let it run a little wider in spots.

Yeah i dont understand why everyone goes the long way around at that point of the track. The fastest way between point A and point B is a straight line, and you can see that from my video as i caught every person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 1LE View Post
I'd definitely be up for a rendezvous next year with you guys, whether at Laguna Seca, Buttonwillow or elsewhere. The challenge with Laguna Seca is that anyone with a loud aftermarket exhaust such as Kirk or me won't pass the sound limit, if it's a typical 90 or 92 dB day. This year, all of the high dB days were bought up by the auto manufacturers, leaving none for HPDE organizations. I will be competing in a NASA time trial at Laguna Seca this July 26 - 27, but it's a race-only weekend, no HPDE. It's the only 105 dB day available this year. Let's hope next year will be different.
Great point i never even thought about that, and that is true. I guess you could lift while driving by the station, but lifting and race track just don't go together. I really want to do Sonoma, maybe that track will work for all of us?

Quote:
So I gotta ask,.. what happened at 15:20 in the vid, with the cones? That's called going in just a little too hot I actually did that twice Sun. there both on video. I know the last time was after i stuffed that Z-06, was so bummed, but he didn't get far

I love your late entry in the turns, so remenicent of sbike styles.
(a bud of mine ran sbikes)

Push out the apex till you need it. Y know lol.

Been over a decade since I drove on a track. Really want to again. The rock was a challenge.
It's time to get out there then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd in Vancouver View Post
Great job out there and after all these videos of you guys racing I've booked my first event next month at The Ridge in Washington. It's amazing how much people spend modding their cars and I keep posting the number one mod is the guy in the drivers seat. It's less to do with the car than having a great amount of driver skill that let's you kick butt, Great driving on your part.
Thanks Todd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcroft View Post
How about that '12 Boss 302 on RACE tires ?
A Wannabe!
Old 05-08-2014, 09:19 PM   #39
KRich2587

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1LE
Mark i was pretty much flat through 18 19 20. i left a little out but i was pretty much putting all the power down if i held 130 through the banking like you did on your fast lap who knows what my time would be
KRich2587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:37 PM   #40
Balue

Drives: 2013 SW 2SS/1LE
Quote:
I had already planned a Laguna Seca hit in the near future so you can count me in! I actually stopped by the track last month while on vacation. Sat there wishing I had my 1LE with me.
Balue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:40 PM   #41
cornerspeed92

Here's a cool video you might enjoy

Old 05-09-2014, 05:27 PM   #42
rdrfronty

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE CRUSH
Love the video's! Really cool to see these cars in action, especially with somebody who knows what they are doing behind the wheel. Awesome!
rdrfronty is offline   Reply With Quote