The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-31-2015, 08:59 AM   #71
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I'd be wary of any comparison of a new car against an older one. It isn't really an apples vs. apples comparison; Not necessarily due to age or condition (granted if the older car was impeccably maintained), but moreso to the state of technology in the different eras. I am not absolutely sold on the accolades of the BMW either (but that's my opinion).

The Chevy SS is a great sedan, but for one reason or another I feel that its underserved by Chevy in its promotion as well as in its presentation. I think the car could be served better by more R&D in its design and better promotion. It saddens me that it may be destined to a lonely and undeserving death. Dodge has proved that a vibrant, large rwd sedan can survive in today's market; I am wondering why Chevy doesn't see the same opportunities for their rwd sedan.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:12 AM   #72
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
H
Couldn't handle the torque from the LS4 even with GM's attempts at beefing up the 4 speed.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:19 PM   #73
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Couldn't handle the torque from the LS4 even with GM's attempts at beefing up the 4 speed.
Oh , ok ! Thanx!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 10:42 AM   #74
Highland Ranger

Drives: 2014 CRT Convertible ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
I'd be wary of any comparison of a new car against an older one. It isn't really an apples vs. apples comparison; Not necessarily due to age or condition (granted if the older car was impeccably maintained), but moreso to the state of technology in the different eras. I am not absolutely sold on the accolades of the BMW either (but that's my opinion).

The Chevy SS is a great sedan, but for one reason or another I feel that its underserved by Chevy in its promotion as well as in its presentation. I think the car could be served better by more R&D in its design and better promotion. It saddens me that it may be destined to a lonely and undeserving death. Dodge has proved that a vibrant, large rwd sedan can survive in today's market; I am wondering why Chevy doesn't see the same opportunities for their rwd sedan.
You realize it is a Holden Commodore - long standing and very popular international car?

I agree with better promotion. But not r&d / design.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Highland Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote