Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-15-2021, 08:00 PM   #1
Brazensol

Drives: 2013 2SS
Throttle Position Sensor?

Went to the store 2 days ago and while in 2nd gear I blipped the throttle and... nothing. Engine did not respond at all. Tried several more times and it only partially responded once or twice. If shifting while driving "normal" then no issues and if I give it a little gas while in second and then nail it, it seems fine. It also was doing this in 4th but not in third (though maybe a tiny bit of hesitation in 3rd sometimes). 1st gear seems OK too. Any ideas?

I installed headers recently and the only codes I pulled are P0030, P0036, P0050, P0053, and P0054 which all seem to be the usual O2 sensor issues with headers/cat delete.
Brazensol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 09:47 PM   #2
L99MARO
#teamGPI

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Is your car tuned for the headers?, Maybe clear the codes with a scanner?
L99MARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 07:00 AM   #3
Axe55

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Sounds more like the throttle pedal to me. If there's a voltage difference between the pedal position and throttle body position you'll get a P2135 code (happened to me). If the pedal is not responding to your input at all, the throttle body would think it's still ok because the pedal voltage isn't changing and telling it to do anything. The pedal is easy to change, three bolts and one plug if I remember correctly.
2012 Camaro SS LS3, JRE Scoop, CAI intake, Whipple Supercharger, Fast 85lb injectors, ZL1 pump, McLeod RXT clutch, MGW shifter, Stainless Power 1 7/8 headers w/HFC, Ridetech coilovers, BMR sway bars, trailing arms, toe rods, cradle bushing inserts, 2020 Speed Tuned.
Axe55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 12:31 PM   #4
Brazensol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe55 View Post
Sounds more like the throttle pedal to me. If there's a voltage difference between the pedal position and throttle body position you'll get a P2135 code (happened to me). If the pedal is not responding to your input at all, the throttle body would think it's still ok because the pedal voltage isn't changing and telling it to do anything. The pedal is easy to change, three bolts and one plug if I remember correctly.
Thanks. I didn't think of that and will take a closer look at it. So far I don't have any codes except for the O2 sensors.
Old 07-16-2021, 03:11 PM   #5
SSFury
My Road Rage is Legendary

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS "Fury"
Better question: Are you running a Vittesse Throttle Controller!!

If you are, that did it!! ASK ME how I know..
Old 07-16-2021, 03:56 PM   #6
Brazensol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSFury View Post
Better question: Are you running a Vittesse Throttle Controller!!

If you are, that did it!! ASK ME how I know..
No. Is that one of those throttle signal boosters?
Old 07-19-2021, 01:53 PM   #7
SSFury
My Road Rage is Legendary

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS "Fury"
Throttle Signal Boosters... that's one way of describing it I suppose. If you do a search on the forums, there's lots of discussions about them. Spoiler alert: Vittesse's controller is NOTORIOUS for going bad and throwing your car into Reduced Power Mode. That's why I thought maybe you were running one, and didn't realize that's what caused it.
Old 07-19-2021, 06:21 PM   #8
JD555

Drives: 2014 2SS RS, 6 sp man
Do you have a manual trans? I noticed with the clutch in it will rev to the moon when blipping but with the clutch out it will only responds maybe half what it would with the clutch in. I asked the question here when I got it. It seemed strange to me.
JD555 is offline   Reply With Quote