Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-08-2010, 05:19 PM   #1
AMPM1678
AMPM95

Drives: 2010 RY Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
uggh worst day ever

Today was so horrible! My parents had me go out to run some errands and naturally I go without a fight cuz I getta drive my awesome camaro xD. I run all my errands and im on my way home when I realize I have to make one more stop. So I stop at target and right when Im parking my gf calls me and im on bluetooth so I can't turn the engine off. So I park the car in a parkin space and im sittin there talkin to my gf. Meanwhile I look out my passenger window and see a guy pushing shopping catts towards the store. I look away and I guess something made him let go of the cars cuz a minute later I hear a loud bang against the back of my car. I get out and the shopping carts had plowed intot he passenger side of my back bumper! The guy apologized and I was able to stay calm and i said it was cool but inside I was PISSED. luckily there was a garage nearby and they were able to clean it up and make it look like it never happened. but to me whenever I look at that bumper i will always see that nonexistent scratch
AMPM1678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:45 PM   #2
Kurushio

Drives: 2011 CGM 1LT RS (M6)
As others have posted with the exact same titles, must be nice that that was the worst day of your life lol. Ive had much much worse and i cant be certain but i think there could be another one or two people as well lol.

That said it was bad luck but it doesnt sound like it was all that bad. It might have been the worst day of your week though for sure.
Kurushio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:51 PM   #3
DIGthat2SS
I can dig that..

Drives: 2010 Red 2SS/RS M6
my friend was at an icecream place and a on a windy day an umbrella came off a table and BOOM straight threw the windshield.
DIGthat2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:54 PM   #4
ComayroLouver
{Enter Funny User Title}

Drives: Fathers '85 CJ-7 until i get my LS
Send a message via AIM to ComayroLouver
dude..... D: and with your car...... D: x2..... being my fav color combo D: x5
ComayroLouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:58 PM   #5
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
How fortunate for you that you didn't have "serviceable" damage. Your car now has personality, a birthmark as such.
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:01 PM   #6
Sweet Lola
#42,288

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Sweet Lola
Quote:
my friend was at an icecream place and a on a windy day an umbrella came off a table and BOOM straight threw the windshield.
Now that sucks!!! You had a bad day, but trust me if it didn't leave a mark it isn't a "bad day". I had two weeks of SUCK! Two cars damaged to the tune of $1300 each (neither my fault) and I have a teenage daughter...those with teenage daughters don't have to even ask.

Darren
Sweet Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:01 PM   #7
lets_go_bills

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS CGM M6
At least the scratch is gone.

Thank your girl for calling too because if she hadn't he woulda hit your car and walked away and you never woulda known who did it and been even more mad.
lets_go_bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:11 PM   #8
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMPM1678 View Post
Today was so horrible! My parents had me go out to run some errands and naturally I go without a fight cuz I getta drive my awesome camaro xD. I run all my errands and im on my way home when I realize I have to make one more stop. So I stop at target and right when Im parking my gf calls me and im on bluetooth so I can't turn the engine off. So I park the car in a parkin space and im sittin there talkin to my gf. Meanwhile I look out my passenger window and see a guy pushing shopping catts towards the store. I look away and I guess something made him let go of the cars cuz a minute later I hear a loud bang against the back of my car. I get out and the shopping carts had plowed intot he passenger side of my back bumper! The guy apologized and I was able to stay calm and i said it was cool but inside I was PISSED. luckily there was a garage nearby and they were able to clean it up and make it look like it never happened. but to me whenever I look at that bumper i will always see that nonexistent scratch

If it's a non-existent scratch, then let it go, man. Count yourself extremely lucky, as too many of us have dings on our Camaros.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:31 PM   #9
Kwaz1335
The Kwaz

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Kwaz1335
Sorry to hear that some people just cant respect other peoples cars. I used to be a cart boy at a local Walmart and keeping those carts away from peoples vehicle was my ultimate concern. I know this is unrelated to your misfortune but you can turn off your motor while on the phone as the head unit or "radio" will remain in the call and the bluetooth will remain connected until you hang up. Your head unit will then turn off once you have exited the call. You will remain in your call even if you have turned off your car and opened your door. This even works for an Onstar call. If you have a I phone you have the option of switching your call back to the phone. Im not sure if this is true for other phones as I only own a I phone.
Picked up and brought home 6/26/2009
2010 Black on Black SS/RS Camaro
Silver stripe package
Ground effects package
6 Speed Manual Transmission with Hurst short throw, Magnuson Supercharger, SLP loudmouth 1 kit.
Kwaz1335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:40 PM   #10
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Worst day ever? LMFAO Well I'm glad you had no damage.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:18 PM   #11
AMPM1678
AMPM95

Quote:
Originally Posted by lets_go_bills View Post
At least the scratch is gone.

Thank your girl for calling too because if she hadn't he woulda hit your car and walked away and you never woulda known who did it and been even more mad.
that is so tru
Old 08-08-2010, 08:31 PM   #12
AMPM1678
AMPM95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwaz1335 View Post
Sorry to hear that some people just cant respect other peoples cars. I used to be a cart boy at a local Walmart and keeping those carts away from peoples vehicle was my ultimate concern. I know this is unrelated to your misfortune but you can turn off your motor while on the phone as the head unit or "radio" will remain in the call and the bluetooth will remain connected until you hang up. Your head unit will then turn off once you have exited the call. You will remain in your call even if you have turned off your car and opened your door. This even works for an Onstar call. If you have a I phone you have the option of switching your call back to the phone. Im not sure if this is true for other phones as I only own a I phone.
wow i did not kno that thanks fer the info!
Old 08-08-2010, 08:43 PM   #13
khabboub
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: Sold c7, in the market!
at least it didnt dent your car or anything.
khabboub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:47 PM   #14
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by khabboub View Post
at least it didnt dent your car or anything.

+1