Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 03-25-2014, 06:23 PM   #15
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
WOW...OUCH! Props to you for not getting mad at him. Just get it repainted, anything else will not correct that.

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:32 PM   #16
Mwalterhouse

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS LS3
It is obvious your only option in a repaint, pay the deductible and move forward. I feel sorry for the little guy, as he had no clue what he was doing, besides helping dad. Kudos to you for understanding, speaks highly of you as a father.
Mwalterhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:35 PM   #17
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
This is exactly why I've been a hard ass from day one with the kids about how cars are treated. I even taught my dogs from day one not to jump on cars. Very expensive lesson learned for you. Good luck in trying to keep that lesson as inexpensive as possible. I would have lost it regardless probably.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:21 PM   #18
flyinlow89
Smoke Alotapotomous

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
If you got a hard-on for matte black go vinyl. Will save you money and I find matte finishes look better in vinyl. Paint often looks blotchy
Old 03-25-2014, 07:31 PM   #19
GYac

Drives: 2010 2SS
Thanks for the replies. I've taken it to a detailer to get looked at, that was my first stop, however it would be 160 bucks for a good detail that will do almost nothing but mask some and nothing for the rest. I might as well pay the 250 deductible. I will most likely be filing a claim.

Motorhead- I'm a former Marine, firefighter, so i'm hardass for most things lol, hes got a log book for his chores that I have to sign off on. He knows about my car and felt bad about it, however I cannot get mad at him for trying to help me out. I went out and turned my car on, went inside to get my 2 year old ready, he took it on him self to help daddy, that's initiative most grown adults don't show, so I think I'm on the right track. I showed him the damage, and we discussed it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm upset about this, but at the end of the day priorities are key, and my wife, daughter and son are top. Its a car, its my baby, but its a car, it sucks but its the cards that were dealt. I'd be more upset if he did something intentionally it would be a different story.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:33 PM   #20
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GYac View Post
Thanks for the replies. I've taken it to a detailer to get looked at, that was my first stop, however it would be 160 bucks for a good detail that will do almost nothing but mask some and nothing for the rest. I might as well pay the 250 deductible. I will most likely be filing a claim.

Motorhead- I'm a former Marine, firefighter, so i'm hardass for most things lol, hes got a log book for his chores that I have to sign off on. He knows about my car and felt bad about it, however I cannot get mad at him for trying to help me out. I went out and turned my car on, went inside to get my 2 year old ready, he took it on him self to help daddy, that's initiative most grown adults don't show, so I think I'm on the right track. I showed him the damage, and we discussed it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm upset about this, but at the end of the day priorities are key, and my wife, daughter and son are top. Its a car, its my baby, but its a car, it sucks but its the cards that were dealt. I'd be more upset if he did something intentionally it would be a different story.
$160 quote means you should RUN from that detailer. Good decision not to do that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2014, 07:37 PM   #21
GYac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
$160 quote means you should RUN from that detailer. Good decision not to do that.

Even if it was 100 or 80 doesn't matter, its still a waste of money at this point. I'm waiting for my agent to get back to me. I just switched providers this feb, they do accident forgiveness. It sucks because Maryland has stupid high insurance rates, my county is even worse. We just had a claim come off this month from my wife three years ago when she got side swiped at work. So I guess at worst my insurance payments will remain the same.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:49 PM   #22
ckaram

Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
$250 for a new paint job...Go for it. God bless the good-hearted young man!
Old 03-25-2014, 07:55 PM   #23
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Even if it was 100 or 80 doesn't matter, its still a waste of money at this point. I'm waiting for my agent to get back to me. I just switched providers this feb, they do accident forgiveness. It sucks because Maryland has stupid high insurance rates, my county is even worse. We just had a claim come off this month from my wife three years ago when she got side swiped at work. So I guess at worst my insurance payments will remain the same.
I meant it was way too cheap. But yes I agree as I said in a previous post. This isn't a detailer type job.

Best of luck. Post pics of finished product

Old 03-25-2014, 07:55 PM   #24
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
So sorry to hear about the damage.

Glad to know you handled it so well.

My son rolled a chair into my fender and left two little dents. Cost me $85 at the dent doctor to have removed. I was pissed that it happend, but at the end of the day I talked to my son, told him I was more mad about the damage being done and he did not tell me until I figured out how the dents got there, than anything else. He was so upset about it (he knows my Camaro is my joy besides my family, he wrote me a nice long apology which I still have today, and this was 3 years ago.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:57 PM   #25
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:

You by far are a better human than I. I applaud your restraint with your little one for sure. You and he will have a good laugh about it some day. My dad is X military and he wasn't nearly as understanding as you seem to be.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:05 PM   #26
GYac

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
You by far are a better human than I. I applaud your restraint with your little one for sure. You and he will have a good laugh about it some day. My dad is X military and he wasn't nearly as understanding as you seem to be.
Thank you for the compliment. Don't get me wrong I'm not happy, and its taken all 7 years for me to understand children, they do things they don't understand, we all did. I guess I'm getting old. There are certain things I am more understanding about, helping dad is one of them, that showed good moral character. I didn't ask him, tell him, or expect him to clean my car off. I know where he got it too, so i'm part to blame. The last snow storm we were driving behind someone who didn't clean their car off and I was commenting about how lazy and asinine this driver was for blinding the cars behind them. So he listened I guess.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:07 PM   #27
GYac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
I meant it was way too cheap. But yes I agree as I said in a previous post. This isn't a detailer type job.

Best of luck. Post pics of finished product

I've never had a car detailed, I prefer to do it myself, its part of owning a nice car that you care about, taking care of it. I guess I'm ignorant to what a proper detail should cost lol.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:19 PM   #28
habunow1

Drives: 2010 Yellow 2SS, 2011 CG 1LT IPF SC
God makes kids so adorable when they are small so you dont eat them when they get older and this happens.
habunow1 is offline   Reply With Quote