The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 07:55 PM   #57
Christiancoach

Drives: 2008 Holden Commodore SSV
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Did you see the race? It was not her fault. Or are you just assuming it was her fault.
I didn't say it was her fault. From the looks of it, it clearly wasn't. What I found interesting as that she made a point of it in the interview, even though no one would ever blame her for it.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:56 PM   #58
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Did you see the race? It was not her fault. Or are you just assuming it was her fault.
I can tell you all ESPN showed for a clip was here all alone into the wall and then her excuess statment that she is happy they gave her a fast car, now she just needs a fast car she can handle.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:07 AM   #59
Captain Vlad

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
No need for the sarcasm.
Wasn't being in the slightest bit sarcastic.

Quote:
Just answer one question; Why does she warrant the over exposure she's getting?
She doesn't; the level of information we're being provided with, per race, on Danica's experience is probably a mistake on the part of the NASCAR promoters. Too much can be just as bad as not enough.

She's a big draw. She's a very popular driver and she can help NASCAR with their attendance and their ratings, but they're overdoing it a bit, and they do need to tone it down or the opposite of the desired effect could occur.

However, I didn't said she wasn't overexposed, now did I?

Quote:
We'll agree to disagree...she can drive a race car...but being able to win consistently is something she still has not accomplished.
I acknowledged that she hasn't been able to win consistently in my last post. My issue was with the characterization of her as a 'field filler' or 'mid pack' racer, which is an statement who's factual inaccuracy (ie, it's not simply opinion) has been pointed out by myself and others.

In other words, if you think she's overexposed, gripe about it all you want and invite discussion. If you don't like her, vent your spleen. But don't say 'oh she's just filler' when her record says otherwise. Cuz that's BS, and if I don't point out that it's BS, someone else will.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:16 AM   #60
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Just as ESPN and SPEED continue to do, I've spent more time here discussing the hype regarding Danica than she deserves.

When she starts actually winning, then we can devote a thread discussing what an accomplished driver she is.

Until then, we'll return this topic to what's she's most known for, her looks and personality.

Moving on.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:14 PM   #61
Captain Vlad

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Until then, we'll return this topic to what's she's most known for, her looks and personality.
Sticking to the parts where no one can prove you wrong is a wise move.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:54 PM   #62
acowherd

Drives: 2010 2ss/RS 4l80. 2009 2500 HD
DRAMA

Shut it down!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/FNSS-...75028626000379

FNSS Racing!

Closed Thread