Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-21-2016, 08:24 AM   #15
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
Quote:
Originally Posted by G28 View Post
Has anyone done deals using western union? I've always used PayPal and just wanted to get some input about using this as a method of payment for an item.
Enlighten me... What are you trying to purchase for your Camaro? Where are you located that you need to use Western Union? And have you tried to find the items you are seeking locally?

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:02 AM   #16
Junior

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS A6 AGM
Send a message via Skype™ to Junior
All above comments are correct; Paypal over Western Union. No legit seller would ask you to use WU. Just make sure you do your due diligence when dealing with Paypal. Have them help you with and document the transaction.
Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 03:49 PM   #17
G28

Drives: Camaro
I'm trying to buy a 1LE rear diff. I'm located on Guam. But I have parts shipped to my bro who is located in California. He's a flight attendant so he either brings the parts back home for me when he's on leave or he ships them via FedEx because he gets a 75% discount. It's difficult to the find parts locally....there aren't a whole lot of 1LEs here at all. And shipping is either non existent to Guam or the costs are just ridiculous. I don't need to use western union. And now I'm not going to. Based on everyone's advice. The seller is insisting on using western union. And had mentioned he's heard too many scams using PayPal...and either I can either call in the money transfer to western union or mail him a western union check.

Last edited by G28; 07-21-2016 at 06:53 PM.
G28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 06:49 PM   #18
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
Quote:
I'm trying to buy a 1LE rear diff. I'm located on Guam. But I have parts shipped to my bro who is located in California. He's a flight attendant so either brings the parts back home for me when he's on leave or he ships them via FedEx because he gets a 75% discount. It's difficult to the find parts locally....there aren't a whole lot of 1LEs here at all. And shipping is either non existent to Guam or the costs are just ridiculous. I don't need to use western union. And now I'm not going to. Based on everyone's advice. The seller is insisting on using western union. And had mentioned he's heard to many scams using PayPal...and either I can either call in the money transfer to western union or mail him a western union check.

You might solicit the help of a member here who lives near the seller to do the deal or at least verify the location and diff is legit.

Again, never send more money to a stranger than you can afford to loose.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:07 PM   #19
Cenafan85

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Bought a PlayStation 2 online once for 250$ using Western union. Next email I got was oh we made a mistake and we sent you six instead of one. And we just need another 300$ and you can keep the 6. Needless to say I never saw that PlayStation
Cenafan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:25 PM   #20
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenafan85 View Post
Bought a PlayStation 2 online once for 250$ using Western union. Next email I got was oh we made a mistake and we sent you six instead of one. And we just need another 300$ and you can keep the 6. Needless to say I never saw that PlayStation
Was that in 1996? Lol
Old 07-21-2016, 07:48 PM   #21
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
I'm trying to buy a 1LE rear diff. I'm located on Guam. But I have parts shipped to my bro who is located in California. He's a flight attendant so he either brings the parts back home for me when he's on leave or he ships them via FedEx because he gets a 75% discount. It's difficult to the find parts locally....there aren't a whole lot of 1LEs here at all. And shipping is either non existent to Guam or the costs are just ridiculous. I don't need to use western union. And now I'm not going to. Based on everyone's advice. The seller is insisting on using western union. And had mentioned he's heard too many scams using PayPal...and either I can either call in the money transfer to western union or mail him a western union check.
Don't do it, it's a scam. Paypal is acceptable to anyone who actually has the merch.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:23 PM   #22
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Pass. Not worth the risk. I've never had anyone insist on Western Union that was legit.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 06:56 AM   #23
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
With me... it's PayPal or nothing. With PP, you know you are dealing with a legit person and PP has all their info in case of a problem. Use PP, don't ship until money is in your account. Once it's in your account the buyer cannot take it back without establishing a "case" and thorough PP investigation.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:01 AM   #24
G28

Drives: Camaro
Well I'm the buyer not the seller...I don't want to send a large sum of money and never have my part shipped to me...
G28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:18 AM   #25
Cenafan85

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by havelegs View Post
Was that in 1996? Lol
That was back In my high school days
Cenafan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 03:41 PM   #26
Flotek

Drives: 2015 RS camaro
As everyone says .. No legit seller would insist on this method , if they do you can bet the farm it's a scammer .. Run don't walk from this guy ! PayPal is your only safe method . You've been warned
Flotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 03:46 PM   #27
Oogabooga

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT Satin Black
Use Bitcoin with escrow!
Old 07-22-2016, 03:51 PM   #28
DBHWT

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Use Paypal...but Never use family / friends to purchase...I learned the hard way earlier this year when trying to buy a wicker bill from a guy in Fla. My credit union helped me get my money back ...
DBHWT is offline   Reply With Quote