Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-05-2015, 10:59 AM   #15
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Semper Fi, OP. Thanks for your service. I hate to say it but I can't see you getting 22K for a 2 year old LS these days. New '14s and '15s are selling for less than that. The couple of mods you have don't even figure in to the selling price, really. Now if you were to trade it in on a new SS, you could probably get your payoff price for it. I just don't see you getting your price from a private buyer unless they have no idea what new ones are going for. Sorry - my opinion carries no good news for you.

PS: If you do decide to trade in for a SS... DO NOT finance any balance owed on your current car as part of the deal. You will only be continuing to dig yourself a hole that will be even harder to get out of than the one you are currently in - like digging foxholes in the sand.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 11:21 AM   #16
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
I agree with the others... $22k is bordering on optimistic/unrealistic. Seeing that it's a 2013 and you still owe that much on it, it would behoove you to start aggressively paying it down. Nothing wrong with wanting an SS, but my best advice is to give yourself a little time to get your current vehicle paid down, and maybe even save up a little money to put down on the SS as well. As someone else pointed out, to take negative equity with you in the new loan is a really weak move. You'll pay more in interest, and unless you put the car on a really short term <36 months, it will be a long time before you'll ever have equity in the car.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 11:26 AM   #17
tritus

Drives: RIP Camaro/ 6g Mustang GT/Hellcat
Just take your time and try to make some extra payments to bring your debt down over the next year. After the 6th gen hits the market you should be able to get a great deal on a 11-12 SS and save yourself a ton of money! You already have a great looking car no need to rush and make a bad financial decisions!
tritus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 11:28 AM   #18
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
I agree with the others... $22k is bordering on optimistic/unrealistic. Seeing that it's a 2013 and you still owe that much on it, it would behoove you to start aggressively paying it down. Nothing wrong with wanting an SS, but my best advice is to give yourself a little time to get your current vehicle paid down, and maybe even save up a little money to put down on the SS as well. As someone else pointed out, to take negative equity with you in the new loan is a really weak move. You'll pay more in interest, and unless you put the car on a really short term <36 months, it will be a long time before you'll ever have equity in the car.
This.

Later this coming year they will be pricing the Gen5 to move, and maybe by then with the discounts you could get a new '15 SS and any gap in you current loan absorbed by the incentives, so at least the loan value and retail value of the car will be 'reset' to about the same. All your upgrades are a loss in the resale to a dealer fwiw, so I would plan on taking whatever you could out of the 2013 and reselling those items privately.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 12:04 PM   #19
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopid View Post
This.

Later this coming year they will be pricing the Gen5 to move, and maybe by then with the discounts you could get a new '15 SS and any gap in you current loan absorbed by the incentives, so at least the loan value and retail value of the car will be 'reset' to about the same. All your upgrades are a loss in the resale to a dealer fwiw, so I would plan on taking whatever you could out of the 2013 and reselling those items privately.
I agree with this, don't get in a hurry, take your time and educate yourself on how all this works! Do you have a GM credit card? If not get one and you may get a "top off" offer from GM that you can stack with other incentives later this year when dealers are really trying to move the leftover 5th gen's. GM cc holders are offered "top off's" from time to time when GM is trying to move inventory and they can be anywhere from $1K - $4K off the NEGOTIATED price of a new vehicle, not the msrp.
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 12:40 PM   #20
miguelortiz-usmc

Drives: 2013 v6 camaro ls
ok thanks for the info, i will still try a little to see if i could sell for the balance before i get a ss.
miguelortiz-usmc is offline   Reply With Quote