The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 11-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #15
Kochaloch

Drives: C7 Z51, BENZ GLK 350, Titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
I know they got blindsided by the amount of people that ordered Z51.

But for CF looks like they need multiple suppliers.
The Z51 option is so cheap and appealing that they should have known most people would want it. spending 60k on a car whats another measly 2.8k. I am impatient and want my car therefor I will not give them the benefit of the doubt, I feel they dropped the ball on this. They were taking orders since way back, they should have surveyed the dealers for what options were ordered and planned accordingly. If it is purely do to suppliers not being able to produce quality parts in a timely manner, then they should go elsewhere.

just my 2 cents

8/20/2013 - 1100
1/16/2014 - 2000
1/20/2014 - 3000
1/24/2014 - 3300
2/10/2014 - 3400
2/14/2014 - 3800
2/26/2014 - Delivered!!!
Kochaloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #16
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochaloch View Post
The Z51 option is so cheap and appealing that they should have known most people would want it. spending 60k on a car whats another measly 2.8k. I am impatient and want my car therefor I will not give them the benefit of the doubt, I feel they dropped the ball on this. They were taking orders since way back, they should have surveyed the dealers for what options were ordered and planned accordingly. If it is purely do to suppliers not being able to produce quality parts in a timely manner, then they should go elsewhere.

just my 2 cents
Can't disagree with that... vendors/suppliers qualification, and forecasting & meeting targeted production was way off the mark. I'd hold parties accountable if this was under my watch.

The good news, although there is still an ongoing Z51 constraint, is all the performance-oriented goodies you get for $2800 bills.
Broken down in 8 subcategories, it's approx $350 for each subcat:
1) electronic limited slip differential
2) larger slotted F&R brake discs w/ black calipers
3) dry-sump oil system
4) upgraded dampers and stabilizer bars & suspension bits
5) upraded & forged Z51-specific wheels + tires
6) aero package incl. spoiler
7) performance-oriented trans gear ratios
8) functional quarter vents for cooling trans and e-diff

Sum up all those.... plus add the chassis geometry & engineered tuning to maximize the whole Z51 package is priceless. Well figuratively it's still 28 Benjamins which is a hell of a deal. Utilize it or not, it's still a no-brainer for many hence the constraints.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:24 PM   #17
lqqkngr8

Drives: 2014 corvette
I have the Z51 package and Iam at 3400 could there still be constraint on me.
lqqkngr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #18
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lqqkngr8 View Post
I have the Z51 package and Iam at 3400 could there still be constraint on me.
This is good news for you; you likely surpassed all contraints in order to get a 'scheduled for production' status. I doubt it will be further delayed but as you know we can't be 100% sure what happens in BG. If your 3400 status started today, I'd give it a few weeks until it's finally bayed and awaiting to be shipped to your dealer. But do check often weekly since a VIN # is imminent. Congrats and you'll enjoy it soon I hope!
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #19
jrock

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Can't disagree with that... vendors/suppliers qualification, and forecasting & meeting targeted production was way off the mark. I'd hold parties accountable if this was under my watch.

The good news, although there is still an ongoing Z51 constraint, is all the performance-oriented goodies you get for $2800 bills.
Broken down in 8 subcategories, it's approx $350 for each subcat:
1) electronic limited slip differential
2) larger slotted F&R brake discs w/ black calipers
3) dry-sump oil system
4) upgraded dampers and stabilizer bars & suspension bits
5) upraded & forged Z51-specific wheels + tires
6) aero package incl. spoiler
7) performance-oriented trans gear ratios
8) functional quarter vents for cooling trans and e-diff

Sum up all those.... plus add the chassis geometry & engineered tuning to maximize the whole Z51 package is priceless. Well figuratively it's still 28 Benjamins which is a hell of a deal. Utilize it or not, it's still a no-brainer for many hence the constraints.

"Utilize it or not, it's still a no-brainer for many hence the constraints"......Chevy obviously didn't think it was a no-brainer for some no-brain reason
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote