Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 1st & 2nd Generation Camaros

Old 10-08-2015, 01:20 PM   #15
Wayniez

Drives: 69 Camaro with LSA
Worked in the garage again yesterday. We lifted the motor to get the drivers side header in and put the metal spacer under the trans mount for the test. I got 3.80 degrees down the way it is. The best guess on the frame for level is .40 degrees down so 3.40 for the final angle. The rear needs to be worked on we changed shocks and didn't set ride height.

Both of the ARH headers are in and there is a ton of room on the drivers side, at least an inch away from any tube to the steering box. The collector is within 3/8" of the drivers side floor. The passenger side has plenty of room accept the idler arm was touching at full right lock. I adjusted the stop on the A arm and it's taken care of. The passenger side frame mount needs the upper rear corner trimmed, we will remove 1/2" diagonally. The headers look to have enough room to go back an inch without a problem which would probably take care of the frame mount and idler touching, but make the collector closer to the floor. with the 4l80 it would make the trans even tighter in the tunnel. Moving it forward the idler would prevent it. One thing is the 02 sensors won't fit where they have the bungs on the inside towards the trans on the 4l80 which has a very wide pan on it, but with the narrower T56 should fit. ?

I used a G Force 4l80 cross member and the trans mount needed a spacer. Spaceman made it from 1" square tubing. The only thing is, the cross member is the lowest piece under the car. I can see it being a problem when we hit the road. (figuratively I hope. ).

Here are a few pictures from underneath the car. The headers are even or maybe a little above the bottom of the sub frame.

From above near steering box.

This is deceiving there is 1" from every tube.

This swap has
S&P swap plates to keep the bellhousing mount surface in the same place
American Racing Headers 1-7/8" 3" collectors. Very well made.
Energy suspension motor mounts to fit the 69, 350 SBC frame mounts.
An AuotKraft oil pan kit.
A G Force 4l80 cross member. Super Beefy.
69 SS/RS Camaro complete frame off new sheet metal. DSE mini tubs, frame connectors, tubular control arms. Ride Tech 4 link with coil overs and Chassis Works Fab 9. C6 Z51 Corvette brakes. GM crate LSA/4l85 crate drivetrain.
http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=17217
Wayniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 06:54 PM   #16
Racin J

Drives: 2012 2LS Black, K&N, Nittos
Just for longevity of steering gear, wouldnt header wrap be a good idea
Racin J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:04 PM   #17
Wayniez

I'm going to have them coated after the motors broken in.
69 SS/RS Camaro complete frame off new sheet metal. DSE mini tubs, frame connectors, tubular control arms. Ride Tech 4 link with coil overs and Chassis Works Fab 9. C6 Z51 Corvette brakes. GM crate LSA/4l85 crate drivetrain.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:11 PM   #18
Wayniez

I had the headers Jet Hot 2500 degree ceramic coated. We installed the motor and trans hopefully for the last time.

Notched the frme for the A/C compressor.

motor and trans in. with intercooler pump and remote oil filter. Trans and oil cooler lines waiting to be connected.

Old 05-27-2017, 12:09 PM   #19
Wayniez

It's been a while, I've been in the garage getting ready to get back at it. I had ordered some parts for the motor. I did a cam swap , I got a Brian Tooley cam kit. I used the stage III PD cam with his double springs with titanium retainers and push rods. We put it in this week. I also picked up a CHE trunnion upgrade kit and ARP rocker bolts that we will install.
I also picked up a Fuelab filter on the recommendation from Injector Dynamics.

Old 05-31-2017, 07:46 PM   #20
Wayniez

Spent the morning in the garage with my buddy changing out the Beehive springs for the BTR double springs. Good thing my buddy has steady hands those locks can be slippery.

Out with the old ! If you can call them that, never been run?

In with the new!

Tomorrow we get on the rocker arms with the CHE trunnion bushing upgrade.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:26 PM   #21
Wayniez

A lot of small progress done since my last post we installed a couple of fittings on the power steering reservoir and I plumbed it in and mounted on the fender well. I used XRP hose and AN fittings made for power steering pressure.

After talking to rep from Injector Dynamics who recommended a 10 micron filter, I picked up a Fuelabs ceramic filter good for all fuels. Then we marked up some hoses that will need to be sent out to be crimped. This pic only shows where it will be mounted, it still needs to be attached to the firewall. I.D. wanted it as close to the injectors as I could get it.

It's not as close as it seems to the header plus it has a heat protection cover on it. The bottom of the filter will be moved over to mount it plumb.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:41 PM   #22
Wayniez

We're into the wiring now :bang: Not my favorite....

I had the injector harness covered the same as the rest of the wires but it was too stiff to go where I needed it, so it went back to the way the factory had it.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:43 PM   #23
Wayniez

We took a brake from the Transmission and mounted the 5th gen console in the car for its test fit. It's going to work out pretty good with the B&M Pro Ratchet shifter. The cable might be a trick but we have a few ways to try.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:04 PM   #24
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
I'm actually pretty interested in that dynomat.

Can you give me a quick rundown on what your aim is? Just to town down cabin noise?

I guess my question is, do you figure the car will be pretty onbnoxiously loud without it in there?
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:26 PM   #25
Wayniez

No it's not going to be too loud, looking for comfortable ride. I want to take it on power tour and some long trips. I like my comfort now a days. They make a cut up kit and it goes on a much smaller area and is supposed to work just as good. but the price is kind of high.

Last edited by Wayniez; 08-04-2017 at 12:21 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:52 PM   #26
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
So it'll just basically keep the ride at a decent noise level?
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 01:58 PM   #27
PROZ11

Drives: 2012 RS/2SS, 69 ProStreet Camaro
It quiets the car down quite a bit. Also helps with keeping the heat down on the floorboards. I installed it in my 69 on the floors, doors and trunk. Not a squeak or rattle in the interior. People are always amazed that my car is as quiet as it is when riding in it, and mine is a convertible.

Old 08-02-2017, 01:06 PM   #28
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
I'm actually pretty interested in that dynomat.

Can you give me a quick rundown on what your aim is? Just to town down cabin noise?

I guess my question is, do you figure the car will be pretty onbnoxiously loud without it in there?
I use Dynamat on all my builds. For full Sound Insulation I also use Dynaliner.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote