Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-22-2018, 06:51 PM   #1
Wayniez

Drives: 69 Camaro with LSA
Check fuel line with compressed air

Hi I just got the fuel line on my LSA in my 69 Camaro in and I want to test it. It has ID 850's and a Fuelab filter. Can I test the line with compressed air at say 100psi with the line connected to the injectors like that, or should I drop the pressure to 85 psi? The filter should be good. Is it even safe for the injectors?
On the fuel line there is a schrader valve I imagine to check fuel pressure, should I bleed the line through the valve on first start or isn't it required?

Thanks!
69 SS/RS Camaro complete frame off new sheet metal. DSE mini tubs, frame connectors, tubular control arms. Ride Tech 4 link with coil overs and Chassis Works Fab 9. C6 Z51 Corvette brakes. GM crate LSA/4l85 crate drivetrain.
http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=17217
Wayniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:07 PM   #2
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
I wouldn't test it past 70 or 75psi max. I tested mine with gas, just have an extinguisher handy. I did have a quick disconnect line pop off in fact twice. Gas goes all over then the engine shuts down. No biggie.
I safety wired the line after that.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:39 PM   #3
Wayniez

Drives: 69 Camaro with LSA
I think I'm going to use 70 psi and be safe. The rest has been tested to 150 psi and is good. The only thing left is what's in the engine bay.

Thanks
69 SS/RS Camaro complete frame off new sheet metal. DSE mini tubs, frame connectors, tubular control arms. Ride Tech 4 link with coil overs and Chassis Works Fab 9. C6 Z51 Corvette brakes. GM crate LSA/4l85 crate drivetrain.
http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=17217
Wayniez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel line, injectors, leak testing