Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-17-2024, 01:10 PM   #15
The Maverick
Somewhere in the Kalahari

Drives: 2021/18 (de-fresh) 3LT RS
I think it is energized - maybe someone else can try this same test.

Car sitting overnight. Go to driver's door. Before pressing anything on the key fob, press the button to disable the immobilizer. Then get in and see if the car starts.

When I tried this, the car started, which seems to indicate that the relay is drawing power when the car is sitting.
The Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 11:31 PM   #16
shippingguy

Drives: 2024 Black ZL1, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
You have to press the START button normally (with foot on brake) to energize the Mobilistics relay and then press the button on the Mobilistics remote to start the car. If I take too long (several seconds) to press the button on the Mobilistics remote then I have to press the START button normally a second time and it starts.

It seems unlikely that it could drain the battery any more than the OEM relay. The Mobilistics relay plugs into the socket for the OEM relay. There aren’t any extra connections. It doubt that the car powers up the socket until you energize it by trying to start the car.
No you don’t have to press the START button first. You can press the Mobilistics button first and then start button. You can also put Mobilistics in Valet mode by pressing top button and then bottom button right after. This will allow 10 consecutive starts without having to disengage Mobilistics. To reverse that just do opposite and it will cancel out Valet Mode.
Old 02-23-2024, 09:27 AM   #17
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Agreed with above. My car was in winter storage when I got the Mobilistics relay. I did some testing to see if remote start worked and ran a few other tests. For whatever reason I didn’t try pressing the remote relay button before starting the car, but mine works the same way so it would seem that the relay is energized all the time.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 05:07 PM   #18
Uk2019
UK2019

Drives: Camaro 2017 2ss/eu spec convertible
Does anyone have a final answer as to whether the mobilistics relay is energised at all times and would cause parasitic draw or if it is only mobilised after remote start or pushing the start button? Thanks
Uk2019 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 07:22 PM   #19
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uk2019 View Post
Does anyone have a final answer as to whether the mobilistics relay is energised at all times and would cause parasitic draw or if it is only mobilised after remote start or pushing the start button? Thanks
I think the 3 previous posts answer your question. The relay can be enabled with the remote before opening the door or pressing the START button. If it wasn’t energized while the car was sitting then this wouldn’t work.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote