Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 10-08-2023, 01:44 AM   #197
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Because the way you have it routed right now there is no fresh air inlet. So no where to pull fresh air into the system. So once you do this it's probably going to idle a bit higher and your tune will need to be adjusted a little bit.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 10:09 PM   #198
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by morepowerjoe View Post
Which system do you have the wild or mild?
It seems like you have a couple things not right. This is of course if your using the wild set but for the mild set up it's a little different. For the wild you need to have a line from the drivers side valve cover to the intake tube after the maf sensor right before the throttle body and on the oil cap you want it teed with the valley port. Everything else is good.
Looks like you are correct. My intake tube does not have a provision for a hose to be attached to it....Which means i need to take it to someone who tig welds. Also, how the hell do you tee the valley cover into a 8an line? Thats very misleading because the pictures on his website don't show anything tee'd into the oil fill cap.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 10:12 PM   #199
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

This shows the valley cover with a cap on it. Looks like all I am missing is the intake tube to driver side valve cover. Right?
Attached Images

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
Old 10-08-2023, 10:16 PM   #200
morepowerjoe

Oh yes you are correct in that documentation. At summit they sell a fitting kit that I bought that is made to put a port in the intake tube. I'll see if I can find it for you.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Old 10-08-2023, 10:25 PM   #201
morepowerjoe

Yeah I can't seem to find the one I used, I could only find these ones. Probably not what your wanting.
https://www.summitracing.com/search?...0fitting%20kit

Old 10-08-2023, 10:29 PM   #202
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Quote:
Yeah I can't seem to find the one I used, I could only find these ones. Probably not what your wanting.
https://www.summitracing.com/search?...0fitting%20kit
Could I use those under boost pressure? I feel like I would need something welded on.

I saw those, but I honestly have no idea if I can use them or not. This is my first time having a boosted car in my life.

Old 10-08-2023, 11:12 PM   #203
morepowerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
Could I use those under boost pressure? I feel like I would need something welded on.

I saw those, but I honestly have no idea if I can use them or not. This is my first time having a boosted car in my life.
Yeah I don’t think I would use that in your engine. Like you said probably better to have someone tig a fitting on there maybe even have a an fitting on there if you want

Old 10-09-2023, 05:58 AM   #204
larry_g

Drives: 2014 1SS/1LE
Did you consult MM? He was very helpful with my questions. Because you are turbo and the intake tube is pressurized under boost, I don't think you want to go directly to the valve cover without some kind of control, but I could be wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
830 WHP 700 WTQ, Whipple 2.9 @ 13lbs Boost, Flex Fuel Tune by Blevins Tuning, LSA SBE, 3.5 GripTec, ATI LS3 Damper, AFR 260cc Mongoose, ARP Studs, Yella Terra Ultralites, Johnson 2110R, BTR PDS Stage 3, Melling 10355, Improved Racing Baffle, ID1050X, DSX Triple Fuel Pump, RotoFab CAI, NW 103mm TB, Stainless Works 1-7/8" LTH to 3" Speed Eng w/ X-pipe to NPP, Powermaster 9509 XS, Detroit Speed Motor Mounts, MGW, Monster LT1-S, ZL1 Calipers, DBA Rotors & Pads, Bilstein B6 Struts & Shocks, BMR 1.25" Drop Springs & Adj Rear Bar, Pegasus Solid Bushings, Z/28 Wheels, other misc parts.
larry_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 07:55 AM   #205
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_g View Post
Did you consult MM? He was very helpful with my questions. Because you are turbo and the intake tube is pressurized under boost, I don't think you want to go directly to the valve cover without some kind of control, but I could be wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
I sent him an email this morning. This weekend I changed my oil and checked my can. I forgot to close the valve on the can and started the car. The catch can valve was under quite alot of vacuum pressure. Sounded like a big boost leak. SO with that being said i think the can is already pressurizing the passenger side head through the oil fill. This is so new to me, hoping that MM can help me sort it out, I can't imagine that i am just not getting blowby in the can now.

Old 10-09-2023, 11:22 AM   #206
morepowerjoe

Quote:
I sent him an email this morning. This weekend I changed my oil and checked my can. I forgot to close the valve on the can and started the car. The catch can valve was under quite alot of vacuum pressure. Sounded like a big boost leak. SO with that being said i think the can is already pressurizing the passenger side head through the oil fill. This is so new to me, hoping that MM can help me sort it out, I can't imagine that i am just not getting blowby in the can now.
What you heard was vacuum being pulled by the intake manifold, not pressure. When you get it hooked up correctly it's definitely going to change how it idles.

Old 10-12-2023, 10:32 AM   #207
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Quote:
What you heard was vacuum being pulled by the intake manifold, not pressure. When you get it hooked up correctly it's definitely going to change how it idles.
Can I tap into the vacuum line that goes from throttle body to the evap?

I think I have also seen people tap a hole into the intake filter and plug a line in there?

Old 10-12-2023, 10:39 AM   #208
morepowerjoe

Quote:
Could I put in a Tee between the intake manifold to catch can and route that to the driver side valve cover? Getting the intake welded is turning into a big to-do because I don't know anyone who tig welds. Or would that defeat the purpose of the catch can because the intake is where the blowby comes from? Sorry this may sound like a stupid question.
Oh no that would completely bybass the catch can if you did that. If it was me I would just by that adapter from summit until you can find someone to tig weld a fitting on the intake tube and when you do find someone to tig weld try and see if they will weld it right over the hole you had to drill or you will have an extra hole in your intake tube. We have a lot of mobile welders here in Texas. Have you looked in to a mobile welder?

Old 10-12-2023, 10:41 AM   #209
morepowerjoe

Quote:
Can I tap into the vacuum line that goes from throttle body to the evap?

I think I have also seen people tap a hole into the intake filter and plug a line in there?
No that line is straight vacuum too. What you need is a fresh air inlet.

Old 10-12-2023, 11:01 AM   #210
morepowerjoe

Ok so I was looking at your set up and thought about something. If you put a fitting on that intake tube you will be applying boost to your valve cover, so that's a no go. I don't really understand why mighty mouse would want you to run it that way in the documentation that you found. I just don't think that they intended it that way for a centrical supercharger. I'm pretty sure what you should do is take that port from the driver's side valve cover and route that to the in of the catch can and route the out to the intake manifold. Then buy a breather that goes into the oil fill cap and then you will be done.