Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 07-09-2022, 07:53 AM   #1
Ashen 6.2

Drives: 2014 Camaro Z/SS
Beware of RDPStore

After being a long time customer of RDPStore it saddens me to post this.

DO NOT BUY PARTS FROM THIS BUSINESS..

No one from there will respond to any questions at all. Some of the email addresses have been disabled, getting server bounce backs after sending an email. Phone calls are disconnected after selecting a prompt.. If you do choose the chat feature, you will get an auto reply telling you to send an email... Similar experiences have been posted in the Corvette & GMC forums...

Anyways, I ordered a DSS driveshaft back in Jan with a 10-12 week lead time per the main contact at that time. So basically 4/12/22 ETA. After 12 weeks was told it would be another 3 weeks. 2 weeks later the main contact leaves.. New contact doesn't respond...

Thankfully my impatience caused me to order GM ZL1 conversion driveshaft from RockAuto back in early March as I didnt want to wait until the DSS arrived.

If a message does get through to RDP through chat etc, DynoSteve will email you from his new business. I did speak with him and he explained how this all went down and some about the owner of RDP. DynoSteve was kind enough to offer help to get the part through his new store/site quickly. I decided to hold for now.

I did dispute the charge and got my money back...

Sometime after July 3rd, the FB pages for RDPStore disappeared... Site is still up though..

This actually may turn out for the better as I have been leaning towards a 4L80 swap anyways which would require a completely different driveshaft...

Anyways, I hope no one else has been in a similar situation with RDP.

Mods - GPI 416 w/Custom Grind Cam, Ported Heads & Tuned by Ben, Mag Heartbeat, ZL1 Fuel Pump & DSX Aux Pump, NW 103 TB, FIC 1650's, Alky Meth, Circle D 3600 Triple Disc, RPM 5” CAI, Kooks Headers, Solo Cat Back, Viking Coil Overs & all the BMR Goodies in the rear, Zl1 3.23 Diff, DSS Axles, Gulfcoast Driveshaft, Hendrix Offset Diff Bushings, AFE Solid Subframe Bushings, 875HP/843TQ 5FDP
Ashen 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 05:36 PM   #2
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Damn, Glad to know about this. Good you were able to get $ back.

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 02:20 PM   #3
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynosteve View Post
I must say its heart breaking to have spent my life working and building up RDP Store and after i had my stroke back in 2018 i sold the business to cory overturf in 2019 and worked there until end of april this year when i couldnt stand to be involved anylonger after seeing the business not being run the way i felt it should be and also being that i hadnt been paid for a month i decided to leave and start my own company again, if anyone is still experiencing any issues and needs help with paypal or credit card companies from a purchase from RDP they are more than welcome to reach out to me and i can help you talk to your card company and advise them of the situation and help get your monies returned to you.

All the very best to all the wonderful customers i have had over the years at RDP and i hope that you will continue to follow me to my new business

Thanks Dynosteve
DSP Performance Motorsports
www.dspperformancemotorsports.com
440 251 8571
Yes we will!
hrpiii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 08:38 AM   #4
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
I am a bit annoyed that I paid for Tunes for life from RDP and well It was a short life, Steve has been great and I did follow him to his new business but still a bit pissed.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 08:21 AM   #5
Ashen 6.2

Just for old times sake, I thought I would try and see if the rdpstore.com site was still up or not..

That would be a negative ghost rider... lol

Mods - GPI 416 w/Custom Grind Cam, Ported Heads & Tuned by Ben, Mag Heartbeat, ZL1 Fuel Pump & DSX Aux Pump, NW 103 TB, FIC 1650's, Alky Meth, Circle D 3600 Triple Disc, RPM 5” CAI, Kooks Headers, Solo Cat Back, Viking Coil Overs & all the BMR Goodies in the rear, Zl1 3.23 Diff, DSS Axles, Gulfcoast Driveshaft, Hendrix Offset Diff Bushings, AFE Solid Subframe Bushings, 875HP/843TQ 5FDP

Last edited by Ashen 6.2; 12-04-2022 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-04-2022, 08:23 AM   #6
Joe.G

Yes I was bored the other day and checked as well and it's not, I am annoyed that I paid for tunes for life and got a couple months of time.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Old 12-04-2022, 09:46 AM   #7
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
Yes I was bored the other day and checked as well and it's not, I am annoyed that I paid for tunes for life and got a couple months of time.

That's what happens when one person keeps a company alive and they can't pay him despite all that.
Then you can't be surprised that Dynosteve went his own way.
He basically had no choice.

He cannot live on the fruits of the forest and graze in the meadow.

I ended up exactly the same as you.
So I bought a new license from Dynosteve and continue to work with him.
Its quality of work and technical support are simply worth it.

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 09:48 AM   #8
Joe.G

Yes I am not blaming Steve, I purchased another tune for life though him but still am not happy about it.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 12-04-2022, 10:52 AM   #9
Crim

Drives: 13 Camaro SS
Quote:
Yes I am not blaming Steve, I purchased another tune for life though him but still am not happy about it.
I do... RDP always had issues. Sold or not Steve was still here. I've seen so many shops go down and come back with another name with the same outcome again. There is just more to this story but hope history doesn't repeat itself this time.
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 08:10 PM   #10
hkent

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Dynosteve does not honor his tunes from when he was with RDP

Quote:
I am a bit annoyed that I paid for Tunes for life from RDP and well It was a short life, Steve has been great and I did follow him to his new business but still a bit pissed.
I called you for an update for the tuner I got from you which should be lifetime for free now you want 299 when we know you ran the business, makes me think it is a scam Rdp and steves phone number is the same RDP was steves business jusdt go bankrupt and use another name for company
hkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 06:30 AM   #11
Ashen 6.2

Looks like DynoSteve didn't renew the forum sponsorship or got booted. All his posts are gone as well. For those of you still dealing with him - best of luck.

Old 09-28-2023, 08:21 AM   #12
Joe.G

It says there is a page 2 to this thread but every time I click it I go back to Page 1. I really hope he is still honoring his Tune for life deal since I paid twice. DSP Page is still up.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 09-28-2023, 08:45 AM   #13
Ashen 6.2

Quote:
It says there is a page 2 to this thread but every time I click it I go back to Page 1. I really hope he is still honoring his Tune for life deal since I paid twice. DSP Page is still up.
Pretty sure it's due to DynoSteves posts being removed. If you see his name on a post and click on it, it goes to the last "active" persons post and not his.

Old 09-28-2023, 09:08 AM   #14
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Very satisfied with the tune I received from Steve so , no issue there. However, very glad I went with the single tune, rather than the lifetime. Hemmed and hawed about it for awhile and thought, this is probably as much engine mods as I’m going to do. No need to pay the price for lifetime tunes.