Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-17-2022, 05:22 PM   #1
Dark Phoenix

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS Redline
Dome light issues with 2022 Camaro SS

Posting this in the general section for better visibility and hoping someone can help me out. On my 2022 Camaro 1SS, the dealer installed the OEM door ambient lighting door inserts & footwell lighting kit. My car has had an issue with the dome lights since initial purchase where the lighting does not turn on smoothly or shuts off smoothly, the lighting instead steps by lighting up a little brighter stopping for 1/2 a second then brightening more, etc. The dealers Service manager says it’s a known issue with GM that after adding the Ambient door lighting kit the dome lights act that way. Anyone else who had the OEM ambient door lighting kit added to their LT1 or 1SS have the same issue?

Also my car has had drivers window calibration issues since new as well that the car has been in 2 to 3 times for with the window motor being replaced at 120 miles on the odometer, and still having calibration issues and an issue with the radio not shutting off after the car is off and the door being opened. Dealer did fix the radio issue.
Old 05-17-2022, 06:47 PM   #2
Anjilslaire

Drives: 2021 3LT RS A10
The door lights on my 2021 3LT don't affect my dome lights at all. Sorry man :(
Anjilslaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 07:06 PM   #3
Dark Phoenix

I appreciate the response. On 3LT & 2SS your door lights are standard not a dealer installed part. Hoping to get a response from an 1LT, 2LT, LT1, or 1SS owner or two with a car that had their car ordered with them and dealer installed. Or even from someone who installed them themselves at some point.
Old 05-17-2022, 07:56 PM   #4
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
The stages of brightness sound like when my sisters 5th gen had a low battery, toss in the dark I would say try another battery but if the issues only happened after the lighting install than maybe they didn't install correctly.

In that case I'd try another dealer and have them service the car instead.
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 06:45 AM   #5
Dark Phoenix

Battery voltage appears to be okay least 14V always. I questioned the dealers install work on the ambient lighting after it took them a week to get it installed and had issues with the window motor, and radio not shutting off after opening the drivers door. The service manager stood behind the techs work, doublechecked the work, manager looked at it and they’ve told me it was installed 100% correct. Currently what I’m dealing with is that the service manager says the dome lighting stepping up to fully on and stepping down to off is a known problem to GM that GM has no fix for. I want to see if anyone who’s installed the OEM kits and had the dealer program the car if they had the same issue or if the service managers comments are just a story to try and get out of fixing the car or if it’s a true problem nothing can be done about.
Old 06-09-2023, 01:28 PM   #6
Hayden P

Drives: 2023 Rapid Blue 2SS 1LE M6
Did you ever get a straight answer on this?? I am having the exact same issue and the dealer said it’s supposed to do that. Not like a deal breaker but kind of annoying is all.
Old 06-14-2023, 01:17 PM   #7
w.ross

Drives: 94 Toyota Pickup
My 23 ZL1 dome light steps down in brightness as described and has since it was new in January...
w.ross is offline   Reply With Quote