The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-02-2016, 11:20 AM   #7379
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Everyone talking about Hawaii, can I get some sympathy for those of us who are stuck in Kalifornia?

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 12:46 PM   #7380
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
Everyone talking about Hawaii, can I get some sympathy for those of us who are stuck in Kalifornia?
Didn't want to open that can of worms. Why any gun loving American chooses to live or operate a firearms business in that cesspool is beyond my comprehension. Background check to purchase ammunition and requirement to 'turn in' standard capacity magazines.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...wn-signs-bills

http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/art...er-8337939.php

http://www.mercurynews.com/californi...signs-some-new
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 12:52 PM   #7381
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Yet another reason you couldn't pay me enough to live there.
Old 07-02-2016, 01:28 PM   #7382
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
For literally millions of people, it is much more easily said than done to pack up and move out of state.

Please understand, anyone reading, that I am speaking non-politically. I am talking about the law.

What I know is that Proposition 62 does:

- regulate all ammunition sales like firearms sales
I do not understand this at all. A firearm sale through an FFL01 cannot be the same as ammunition sale through an FFL01. Ammunition does not have serial numbers. Only lot codes. When I buy a firearm the s/n is recorded in the paperwork; I posses a type of FFL myself and this is SOP for me. Be in a lot of trouble is I didn't and the feds checked my books, which they can do when they like. My FFL does not cover ammunition (anymore, it used to), but what escapes me is how a non serialized item will be treated as a serialized item. If they mean the background check has to be made to buy ammo, at face value it's not much besides a hassle and a time toilet...although that's just a beginning I am sure. But how does this prevent violence, exactly? The point of the law is to prevent violence.

Would a waiting period apply to pick up the ammo? Again, how does that prevent violence? It's just not the same as buying a firearm.

- require licensed vendors to report ammunition theft within 48 hours

Sucks for them but why would they not report it ASAP in the first place? I need more info on this one.

- outlaw possession of large-capacity magazines

We all saw this one coming. Logically, all this changes is that people who are afraid to break this law will not have them. It frustrates me that some people back laws that only impact folks that obey existing laws..

- make theft of a firearm a felony

Um. Why wasn't this a felony before? It's a felony if somebody steals my car...this one baffles me. California didn't view theft of a firearm a felony before this? Frankly I am shocked.

create new court processes to ensure that firearms are surrendered by people upon conviction of serious crimes.

What, exactly are these processes and who, exactly, oversees them. A new layer of bureaucracy, or added duties to an existing one? This sounds like all sorts of good intentions but without defined processes and responsibilities...I cringe at the ability to sign something into law when that thing is not defined.
Old 07-02-2016, 01:37 PM   #7383
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
It's simple Chris. Kalifornia, the most liberal out of touch lawyer infested state, must keep making new laws to regulate things already regulated, outlaw inanimate objects to placate the intelligence deficient, and add new layers to existing laws to keep themselves in a highly overpaid job, all at the expense of Constitutional Law. I have zero desire to ever live in that despicable North Korea wannabe. Same reason I left New Jersey. Stupidity by the bucketful.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 01:49 PM   #7384
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

I think you can pump your own gas in Cally though
Old 07-02-2016, 07:04 PM   #7385
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
For literally millions of people, it is much more easily said than done to pack up and move out of state.

Please understand, anyone reading, that I am speaking non-politically. I am talking about the law.

What I know is that Proposition 62 does:

- regulate all ammunition sales like firearms sales
I do not understand this at all. A firearm sale through an FFL01 cannot be the same as ammunition sale through an FFL01. Ammunition does not have serial numbers. Only lot codes. When I buy a firearm the s/n is recorded in the paperwork; I posses a type of FFL myself and this is SOP for me. Be in a lot of trouble is I didn't and the feds checked my books, which they can do when they like. My FFL does not cover ammunition (anymore, it used to), but what escapes me is how a non serialized item will be treated as a serialized item. If they mean the background check has to be made to buy ammo, at face value it's not much besides a hassle and a time toilet...although that's just a beginning I am sure. But how does this prevent violence, exactly? The point of the law is to prevent violence.

Would a waiting period apply to pick up the ammo? Again, how does that prevent violence? It's just not the same as buying a firearm.

- require licensed vendors to report ammunition theft within 48 hours

Sucks for them but why would they not report it ASAP in the first place? I need more info on this one.

- outlaw possession of large-capacity magazines

We all saw this one coming. Logically, all this changes is that people who are afraid to break this law will not have them. It frustrates me that some people back laws that only impact folks that obey existing laws..

- make theft of a firearm a felony

Um. Why wasn't this a felony before? It's a felony if somebody steals my car...this one baffles me. California didn't view theft of a firearm a felony before this? Frankly I am shocked.

create new court processes to ensure that firearms are surrendered by people upon conviction of serious crimes.

What, exactly are these processes and who, exactly, oversees them. A new layer of bureaucracy, or added duties to an existing one? This sounds like all sorts of good intentions but without defined processes and responsibilities...I cringe at the ability to sign something into law when that thing is not defined.
Unreal. These laws will protect only the criminals who do not follow laws in the first place.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 07:04 PM   #7386
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
From a New Jersey resident?

Norm
Old 07-02-2016, 07:19 PM   #7387
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Quote:
I think you can pump your own gas in Cally though
Very true.

I pump my own in NJ. A harsh stare is the most it took to get them to leave me alone.
Old 07-03-2016, 07:37 AM   #7388
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Very true.

I pump my own in NJ. A harsh stare is the most it took to get them to leave me alone.
Old 07-03-2016, 08:22 AM   #7389
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

I grew up in NJ and my father had restored a 1955 Oldsmobile Super 88 2dr. There was no way he'd let some pump jockey fill the car. When I was on my bikes, they never gave you a hard time. They'd probably understand with the Camaro if I pumped my own, but I did it with my run of the mill Tundra as well.
Old 07-03-2016, 10:42 AM   #7390
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Here in MA, where there is no law that says an attendant must pump, I once pulled into the gas station owned by a highschool friend's father.

The car was my '70 Buick convertible. I ask for ten regular (this was 1990, so it was leaded). The jockey flips down the plate, unscrews the steel gas cap, and places it on the trunklid.

My roof is down, and at the "donk' sound I look in the rearview mirror. And I lose my mind when I see the steel cap laying on my deck. That gas attendant learned a lot about respecting other people's possessions in the next five minutes.

Since that day if I get gas at a full serve station, which is rare, I stand outside the car and monitor the jockey.
Old 07-03-2016, 10:53 AM   #7391
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Here in MA, where there is no law that says an attendant must pump, I once pulled into the gas station owned by a highschool friend's father.

The car was my '70 Buick convertible. I ask for ten regular (this was 1990, so it was leaded). The jockey flips down the plate, unscrews the steel gas cap, and places it on the trunklid.

My roof is down, and at the "donk' sound I look in the rearview mirror. And I lose my mind when I see the steel cap laying on my deck. That gas attendant learned a lot about respecting other people's possessions in the next five minutes.

Since that day if I get gas at a full serve station, which is rare, I stand outside the car and monitor the jockey.
Thanks for three pretty nostalgic things in this post... Full Service stations, haven't seen one of those in years... a car w/ flip down plates to access the gas cap... and leaded gas (Hi-Test for my old Austin).

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 12:27 PM   #7392
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Ok lets get back to firearms shall we......TGO-1 only around 270 total manufactured, I own and frequently shoot #70:
Attached Images

Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun