Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-27-2021, 02:24 PM   #29
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
price for the seats was around $1500-2500 for the pair

with the cage seat harness brackets etc i spent around $3000 or so
Old 05-28-2021, 04:32 AM   #30
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
price for the seats was around $1500-2500 for the pair

with the cage seat harness brackets etc i spent around $3000 or so
Dammmnn, these Recaro’s are the most priced ‘mod’ I’ve done, I think they’re worth it though and I haven’t even actually sat in them yet lmao
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 01:04 AM   #31
MVPxD

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Hey all! I just ran into this thread and I really hope I can be helped because I am beyond stressed.

I have a 2021 Camaro LT1. This came with stock cloth seats as the 1SS comes with.

I recently bought ZL1 seats from a buddy, driver, passenger, and rears.

I installed everything. Everything was fine, passenger side moves up down, front and back… however, as this thread seems to show, my driver side seat has absolutely no power at all.

The seat doesn’t move. Reading through the thread, so I have to totally remove the wiring from my stock seat and place it in the ZL1 driver seat?

Also, I purchased a cooling fan harness from GEN5DIY which would allow the fan to turn on via a switch. If replace the ZL1 harness with my stock LT1 harness, will this still work?

Thank you all in advance.
MVPxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 01:21 PM   #32
Sephx1

Drives: 18 ZLE, 18 SS1LE, 16 SS, 23 ZL1
I put 2018 2SS 1LE seats in my 2016 2SS no problem. When I see Recaros for sale they often don’t say if they are from a 1SS or 2SS. It matters as the driver seat memory function and heat/cool function is not part of the 1SS package.

I paid $2250 and had them shipped halfway across the country so not cheap but still worth it. I sold my leather 2SS seats which helped.
Attached Images

Sephx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 07:18 AM   #33
Justcruising

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephx1 View Post
I put 2018 2SS 1LE seats in my 2016 2SS no problem. When I see Recaros for sale they often don’t say if they are from a 1SS or 2SS. It matters as the driver seat memory function and heat/cool function is not part of the 1SS package.

I paid $2250 and had them shipped halfway across the country so not cheap but still worth it. I sold my leather 2SS seats which helped.
I don't have any pictures uploaded, but i installed some Recaro's in my 2SS and had to swap the harness in the seat, if you don't you not only loose your seat memory function, exit and entry function, but you also loose the ability to adjust your mirrors and the reverse tilt feature
Justcruising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 12:25 PM   #34
Sephx1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justcruising View Post
I don't have any pictures uploaded, but i installed some Recaro's in my 2SS and had to swap the harness in the seat, if you don't you not only loose your seat memory function, exit and entry function, but you also loose the ability to adjust your mirrors and the reverse tilt feature
Were the Recaros you installed from a 2SS?
Old 06-12-2022, 12:50 PM   #35
Justcruising

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephx1 View Post
Were the Recaros you installed from a 2SS?
No they were from a 1SS 1LE, That is why i had to swap the harness from the seats
Justcruising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 01:01 PM   #36
Sephx1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justcruising View Post
No they were from a 1SS 1LE, That is why i had to swap the harness from the seats
That’s interesting, I just tried to program mine. It will beep when I press set but when I go to press the memory 1 or 2 it won’t beep. It’s supposed to beep twice. It has the 2 memory positions stored from before I swapped the seats. Going to look into this today. The buyer hasn’t picked up my old seats yet.

*EDIT - I went out and tried again this time pressing the brake pedal first and it worked. The car is a manual, maybe that’s why. Anyhow, it appears that 2SS to 2SS swap does not need the harness swap.
Old 06-17-2022, 01:22 AM   #37
NorCalLT1

Drives: SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPxD View Post
Hey all! I just ran into this thread and I really hope I can be helped because I am beyond stressed.

I have a 2021 Camaro LT1. This came with stock cloth seats as the 1SS comes with.

I recently bought ZL1 seats from a buddy, driver, passenger, and rears.

I installed everything. Everything was fine, passenger side moves up down, front and back… however, as this thread seems to show, my driver side seat has absolutely no power at all.

The seat doesn’t move. Reading through the thread, so I have to totally remove the wiring from my stock seat and place it in the ZL1 driver seat?

Also, I purchased a cooling fan harness from GEN5DIY which would allow the fan to turn on via a switch. If replace the ZL1 harness with my stock LT1 harness, will this still work?

Thank you all in advance.
Hopefully someone chimes in about this because if this can work that would be awesome. and did swapping the harness get everything working correctly?
NorCalLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 12:15 PM   #38
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalLT1 View Post
Hopefully someone chimes in about this because if this can work that would be awesome. and did swapping the harness get everything working correctly?
I helped him out, you have to jump a power wire to allow the seat OEM movement. With that wire jumped, you can install the cooling harness from Gen5. This is for a 1SS with Recaro’s from a 2SS.

If you get seats that match you’re trim (1SS car - 1SS Recaro’s or 2SS Car - 2SS Recaro’s) then it’s not required and should be plug and play.

Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote