Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-16-2022, 01:50 PM   #15
xc3ss1v3

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Thanks for the help, everyone!
xc3ss1v3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 02:35 PM   #16
GXP08jrf

Drives: 2016 1LT 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc3ss1v3 View Post
Good morning, everyone. I apologize in advance for the "noobie" type question, but I bought my Camaro secondhand and didn't get a ton of information on it. What I know is that I have a 2016 Camaro 1SS, but I'm not sure of the actual trim level.

...I'm seeing the 1LE trim does not have an OEM amplifier. Before I go buying a replacement, I'd love to know if I have one at all without tearing apart my car again.

So, easiest way to tell? Any tell-tales signs that differentiate? Thanks in advance!
In 2016, there were four trims available 1LT, 2LT, 1SS, 2SS. You could add several individual options or option packages to each of those trims. The 1LE track focused performance option package, was not available in 2016 on any trim, so that's not a consideration.

Regarding the Bose system, it was standard content on the 2016 2LT and 2SS, but not available on the 1SS (oddly it was an available option on the 1LT).

Because you have a 1SS, the distinguishing feature being cloth seating in this case, you would not have the premium Bose system.
GXP08jrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 02:51 PM   #17
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
I went here and found some decent information that seemed free. https://m.driving-tests.org/vin-decoder/ I probably just gave them access to all my browsing history and phone information in the process though....
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 07:22 PM   #18
v8fanboy

Drives: 2018 HotWheels 2SS 6 Speed Manual
Is there actually no website where you just throw in the VIN and it produces an actual buildsheet with MSRP + option prices laid out? Almost like an eWindow Sticker?! Its almost always helpful while making a sale as well...
v8fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 11:47 AM   #19
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
I’m pretty sure backup cameras are standard on 1ss’s.
It is on the LT1 as well.
Old 05-17-2022, 07:59 PM   #20
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8fanboy View Post
Is there actually no website where you just throw in the VIN and it produces an actual buildsheet with MSRP + option prices laid out? Almost like an eWindow Sticker?! Its almost always helpful while making a sale as well...
The only one I've heard that actually gives a sticker label is https://monroneylabels.com/. GM's social media email used to give out free build sheets by VIN if you emailed them and asked nicely but I've heard some people have had been denied with the reason that the program was over. I haven't personally tested but who knows
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 11:16 PM   #21
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleboy92 View Post
The only one I've heard that actually gives a sticker label is https://monroneylabels.com/. GM's social media email used to give out free build sheets by VIN if you emailed them and asked nicely but I've heard some people have had been denied with the reason that the program was over. I haven't personally tested but who knows
It’s true, the GM social media email no longer provides them. I got a direct reply from them stating so last time I submitted a request. Monroney works, and GM will supply the window sticker too, but for, IIRC, $50.
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote