Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-09-2022, 12:32 PM   #183
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasNuf View Post
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but has anyone experienced a price increase in E85?
I mean it's only 15% gas, but curious if they use this as an excuse to raise that price too.
I just filled up my Silverado last night using E85. Yes for us anyways it is up a dollar a gallon since last week. Thankfully I only pumped like 8 gallons to top it off plus Casey's reward discount got me down to $3.20 a gallon. Then I went and grabbed the wife's Altima SR which was sitting at half a tank. Using non ethanol 91 fuel that was almost $47.00 even with a 30 cent per gallon rewards discount. The damage being done to this country is sickening.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 12:32 PM   #184
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Just in case you thought this was a temporary inconvenience brought on by Russia and we just need to, "weather the storm", think again. Veep Harris and Buttigieg were at the White house on Monday this week. This has little to do with Russia. Read 'em and weep...

"We’re pressing the accelerator to reach a zero-emissions future sooner than most people thought.” - Buttigieg

Harris was likewise enthusiastic, saying, “We are all in the midst of a turning point. We have the technology to transition to a zero-emission fleet. We can address the climate crisis and grow our economy at the same time.”

They have 3 years left to KILL the oil industry. Don't think they won't try. Nothing presses the accelerator to reach a zero-emissions future more effectively than gas prices rising so high that driving a carbon-emitting Camaro is simply cost prohibitive.
Old 03-09-2022, 01:13 PM   #185
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
As much as I don't want to, guess I'll start using 88 oct E-15 in my DD instead of 87. It's about $0.30 cheaper.

Last edited by ZED SLED; 03-09-2022 at 02:40 PM.
ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 02:07 PM   #186
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS/SS '10 View Post
You might live in a third world country, but I don't. I still live in the USA, I stood up, raised my hand, and took the oath to serve this country. Saying the USA is a third world country borders on sheer stupidity. And that's all I have to say about that.

This is a Camaro site, if you want to talk politics, go somewhere else. From your comments, fox seems a good fit for you.
as an army veteran i feel that i too have a right to my opinion...even if it differs from yours.and dont tell me you havent noticed some disturbing fundamental changes in the way our country is being run.its not the same place we grew up in,is it?
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 02:29 PM   #187
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
as an army veteran i feel that i too have a right to my opinion...even if it differs from yours.and dont tell me you havent noticed some disturbing fundamental changes in the way our country is being run.its not the same place we grew up in,is it?
That statement or reply may be based on the age of the individual. I'm old, so the answer is "..no it's not the same I grew up in". It is very different and it's horrible and hard to see it getting better based on many things or people in charge.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 03:16 PM   #188
RS/SS '10
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
I will defend our 1st Amendment right till the day I die. Of course there has been changes, there are two choices, you either learn, grow, and flourish, or you grow, reach a plateau, and then die. That is the same for individuals, companies, and countries. For sure change is not always pleasant, and it damn sure does not make everyone happy. We can talk about change without calling America a third world country.

I want to stay away from politics, I said all I want to say on that topic earlier. Without change we would still be doing horses and riding in buggy's. Without change we wouldn't have all the modern medical miracles, and this list goes on. Believe me I know a thing or two about medical miracles.
RS/SS '10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 04:21 PM   #189
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Shell 93 Octane is $5.09 in my town today. I had a .15 cent Fuel reward discount and a quarter of a tank. I filled it up for $68.20. That is insane.

So while I will never stop driving it, I certainly will drive it less if needed. Looking like it's needed...
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 04:24 PM   #190
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Shell 93 Octane is $5.09 in my town today. I had a .15 cent Fuel reward discount and a quarter of a tank. I filled it up for $68.20. That is insane.

So while I will never stop driving it, I certainly will drive it less if needed. Looking like it's needed...
I hear that. I doubt mine is coming out much at all this year. Probably won’t do any long distance track stuff or any of the Camaro club shows this year. Sucks big time. I’ve been looking foreword to it all winter.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 05:17 PM   #191
redcoats1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS/SS '10 View Post
I will defend our 1st Amendment right till the day I die. Of course there has been changes, there are two choices, you either learn, grow, and flourish, or you grow, reach a plateau, and then die. That is the same for individuals, companies, and countries. For sure change is not always pleasant, and it damn sure does not make everyone happy. We can talk about change without calling America a third world country.

I want to stay away from politics, I said all I want to say on that topic earlier. Without change we would still be doing horses and riding in buggy's. Without change we wouldn't have all the modern medical miracles, and this list goes on. Believe me I know a thing or two about medical miracles.
im fine with discussing these issues,although some seem uncomfortably close to politics.i referred to the U.S. becoming a third world country mostly due to discouragement over things going on where i live(polk county,fl)for 3 months we had difficulty getting simple services such as garbage pickup without waiting for two weeks for the trash truck to come.kind of discouraging to see heaps of trash next to garbage cans,mattresses and couches rotting on the roadsides,etc.and doesnt anyone want to work anymore?everywhere you go theres help wanted signs...but no workers.what are these people living on if not excessive government handouts,only good thing is if things get real bad i will come out of retirement and work a couple of days a week to buy gas...but somehow this is not what i thought retirement would be.im not planning on raiding my 401k to buy an EV.id have nothing against an electric camaro that was a 2 door sports coupe,but the price would probably be crazy enough to keep me in 87 octane for many years,and i believe that once enough people switch to EVs the price of electricity will go up as quickly as gas has,gotta pay for all those wind turbines and nuclear plants somehow.
Old 03-09-2022, 07:05 PM   #192
The SS Godfather

Drives: 2010 CAMARO RS/SS
I may have to convert the Camaro to steam???? OR see if there is a dinosaur buried in my back yard to convert to fuel - got keep that baby running !!
The SS Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 07:49 PM   #193
DavidH

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshnmn View Post
Is it only 3%? I haven't actually researched but the stories I have seen are much higher. That's good to know, but does pose the problem you mentioned. Hmmm
Yep. Much lower than they portray.

I could go on for hours with links, data, and more. More than enough data to prove the price hikes are not matching the supply cut.
DavidH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 07:50 PM   #194
SaReNi

Drives: 2012 SS
Quote:
im fine with discussing these issues,although some seem uncomfortably close to politics.i referred to the U.S. becoming a third world country mostly due to discouragement over things going on where i live(polk county,fl)for 3 months we had difficulty getting simple services such as garbage pickup without waiting for two weeks for the trash truck to come.kind of discouraging to see heaps of trash next to garbage cans,mattresses and couches rotting on the roadsides,etc.and doesnt anyone want to work anymore?everywhere you go theres help wanted signs...but no workers.what are these people living on if not excessive government handouts,only good thing is if things get real bad i will come out of retirement and work a couple of days a week to buy gas...but somehow this is not what i thought retirement would be.im not planning on raiding my 401k to buy an EV.id have nothing against an electric camaro that was a 2 door sports coupe,but the price would probably be crazy enough to keep me in 87 octane for many years,and i believe that once enough people switch to EVs the price of electricity will go up as quickly as gas has,gotta pay for all those wind turbines and nuclear plants somehow.

I hear ya. same here.
Old 03-09-2022, 08:59 PM   #195
BehindBlueI's

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
OPEC responding to pressure:

Global oil prices fell on Wednesday by the most in nearly two years after OPEC member the United Arab Emirates said it supported pumping more oilinto a market roiled by supply disruptions due to sanctions on Russia after it invaded Ukraine.

Brent crude futures settled down $16.84, or 13.2%, at $111.14 a barrel, their biggest one-day decline since April 21, 2020. U.S. crude futures ended down $15.44, or 12.5%, at $108.70, their biggest daily decline since November.
BehindBlueI's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 01:48 AM   #196
redcoats1976

prices went up like a rocket,but will go down like a feather.