Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-25-2007, 08:59 PM   #1
Freedom07

Drives: Lifted 98 GMC K1500
questions

I just have a couple questions, I know that if I order my Camaro from the dealer that I can get it the way I want it. but I want to put a supercharger on first thing. I am also wanting to limo tint the windows do you think a dealership would do this. if not....if I do it after I get the car would putting a supercharger on void the warranty. I have heard that if you buy it and have the dealer put it on that might not void it. but I will admit I am ignotant in this. one more question....do we know what the top end motor is going to be yet I have heard LS2, LS3 and a few rumors about the LS9(the LS9 I dont see being in there or at least not for a while) I would like to know because I would like to start looking at superchargers.

thanks
Old 04-25-2007, 09:17 PM   #2
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
I'll attempt to answer your questions.

Supercharger - There is the "rumor" that you will be able to order GM performance upgrades at the time you order your Camaro. I'm not certain a supercharger will be one of them though. If it is not, and you add an aftermarket one, it could void your warranty.

Window tint - I highly doubt that dealers will offer, or install this.

Top engine offering - Nothing has been decided upon yet. Best "guesstimate" though would be in the 400 to 450 hp range. With possible dealer installed options, higher hp.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:03 AM   #3
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Perfect answers are directly above by Moose. I could pretty much guarantee that adding a supercharger will void the warranty.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:39 AM   #4
Freedom07

Drives: Lifted 98 GMC K1500
thanks for the info glad I found out now then when I went to install it. I have already started a savings fund for the down payment. I cant wait for it to come out she will be a thing of beauty.

Old 04-26-2007, 07:45 AM   #5
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
I didn't do a thing until the SS was out of warranty. Once it was, the "mods" began.

As I posted earlier, if the "rumors" of the ability to purchase GM performance upgrades at the time of purchasing your new Camaro are true, that will be GREAT! And, they'll be backed by a GM warranty as well.

Another option you have is to take that "mod money" you are saving and using it towards the purchase of a "special dealer" model, ie; a 'Tom Henry', 'Berger' Camaro. That may be out of the price range, but it's something to think about.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:27 AM   #6
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
As for the window tint, I am 99% certain that limo tint is illegal in all 48 states (hawaii and alaska may be different), so there is no chance you will get a dealer to go that dark. I had a window place tint my truck's windows and he would only agree to do the back in limo and the sides at like 20 something and I had to pay cash and he refused to give me a recipt.

For the S/C... I know there are some dealers that will contract that out if you are unable to get one directly from GM. The thing about it though is that you have to goto that particular dealer for any warranty work because they are the only one that will maintain the warranty after the S/C install. So basically, it voids your warranty, but that particular dealer will effectively issue its own warranty
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:11 PM   #7
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

limo on rear is fine. No less than 20% on sides. No lower than ASR line on front window.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:40 PM   #8
Seanskny

Drives: 2011 2SS RS delivered 6-22-10
Re: mods. When I purchased my Z-28, I spoke with the guys at Berger and was informed by them that SLP mods would still fall within GM warranty guidelines. I guess time will tell about which company if any that GM will use to modify the beast, but as we all know GM took that away from SLP prior to the last few years of the SS. If you are able, spend the money and order from Berger Chevrolet in Grand Rapids MI. I am sure that they will be modifying with warranty just like they have for years. Good luck for us all.
Seanskny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:31 PM   #9
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanskny View Post
Re: mods. When I purchased my Z-28, I spoke with the guys at Berger and was informed by them that SLP mods would still fall within GM warranty guidelines. I guess time will tell about which company if any that GM will use to modify the beast, but as we all know GM took that away from SLP prior to the last few years of the SS. If you are able, spend the money and order from Berger Chevrolet in Grand Rapids MI. I am sure that they will be modifying with warranty just like they have for years. Good luck for us all.
How did GM take this away? The rug was pulled from SLP when GM discontinued the Camaro. SLP still had the contract on making the SS's. They continued making them until they no longer could. GM wants SLP back in the game according to a very good source, and SLP is supposedly contemplating teaming back up w/ GM. SLP should, IMHO. They deserve it!
Old 04-27-2007, 12:29 AM   #10
thatguy

Drives: 2000 Jet Black Z28
that would be awesome to see a 5th gen SLP edition SS...
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote