Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 11-01-2015, 07:56 PM   #1
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Mustang6G guys are losing it.

The mustang is no longer the king of streets. I really liked the S197 5.0s as they were lighter and strong for 1/4 mile racing, way better than the 5th gens...but now chevy brought out a true mustang killer. This reminds me of the early 90s when GM brought out the the 350 c.i LT1. That motor destroyed Ford's pushrod 5.0 and now the LT1 will do it again. Ford needs to up the cubic inch game. The coyote is a great engine but it's too small and lacks the serious torque needed. Poor S550 owners when they roll up to a stoplight and meet a new camaro....tune and headers on a 16 ss will be 11 seconds alone. Cam it, and you are looking for low 11's maybe high 10's with the auto.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:13 PM   #2
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Please...for the love of God....do not go visit that train wreck of a thread entitled "HOW???" on that forum. The stupidy will blow your mind.....its amazing. I know its just a very small part of the forum, but some of those guys are just sad. So sad.

As I told someone else here earlier....I'd rather not go visit that site, but its like driving by a car wreck....I just can't resist looking.

Every site has their clowns...their uber fanboys...but never in my life have I seen so many gathered in one place.

Pill has got to have multiple sign ons...its the only thing that makes sense. I'm only half joking about that...after seeing him completely making up a story about how MT faked their article and left out the track H2H portion (which was denied and put to bed by an actual Motor Trend editor!) I wouldn't put anything past him.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:14 AM   #3
87GNX

Yea I read it...pretty sad. Those guys are clueless. Some think by adding a magical electronic gadget, the trq will appear. Others think if you race the camari enough it will get heatsoak...lol. Fanboys are bad, but the ones there are probably the worst I have ever dealt with. Remember Mustang6, THERE is no replacement for displacement. Ford better up the cubic inch game/add boost or suffer the same result from 1993-2000.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:14 AM   #4
87GNX

Yea I read it...pretty sad. Those guys are clueless. Some think by adding a magical electronic gadget, the trq will appear. Others think if you race the camaro enough it will get heatsoak...lol. Fanboys are bad, but the ones there are probably the worst I have ever dealt with. Remember Mustang6, THERE is no replacement for displacement. Ford better up the cubic inch game/add boost or suffer the same result from 1993-2000.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:40 AM   #5
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
I enjoy it a lot actually. There are some level headed guys over there. Then there are the complete fanbois that you cannot even talk to. But it is passing the time until my car shows up.
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:55 AM   #6
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
Yea I read it...pretty sad. Those guys are clueless. Some think by adding a magical electronic gadget, the trq will appear. Others think if you race the camaro enough it will get heatsoak...lol. Fanboys are bad, but the ones there are probably the worst I have ever dealt with. Remember Mustang6, THERE is no replacement for displacement. Ford better up the cubic inch game/add boost or suffer the same result from 1993-2000.

The 5.0 is selling well in Europe where engines are taxed on displacement..larger isn't better from a sales point of view there.

As long as the Mustang is selling around 15,000 a month globally..I don't think Ford is going to up - engine themselves out of the market.

Ford is focused on global sales and development..selling 15,000 cars a month worldwide with less performance is better than selling 8,000 cars that are top dig in the fight.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 08:04 AM   #7
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
The 5.0 is selling well in Europe where engines are taxed on displacement..larger isn't better from a sales point of view there.

As long as the Mustang is selling around 15,000 a month globally..I don't think Ford is going to up - engine themselves out of the market.

Ford is focused on global sales and development..selling 15,000 cars a month worldwide with less performance is better than selling 8,000 cars that are top dig in the fight.
Gotta agree with this. Ford had always had a seller with the Mustang, even in its eras lacking performance. The name sells. Ford knows that. I dont predict any big changes coming. If its selling- its a winner to them.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 08:51 AM   #8
Agarc
Dr.Frankenstein

Drives: 15gt
people are starting to act just as bad over here
Old 11-02-2015, 12:00 PM   #9
i_see_st4irs
just a car enthusiast

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2Ls Ls3 swap
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Please...for the love of God....do not go visit that train wreck of a thread entitled "HOW???" on that forum. The stupidy will blow your mind.....its amazing. I know its just a very small part of the forum, but some of those guys are just sad. So sad.

As I told someone else here earlier....I'd rather not go visit that site, but its like driving by a car wreck....I just can't resist looking.

Every site has their clowns...their uber fanboys...but never in my life have I seen so many gathered in one place.

Pill has got to have multiple sign ons...its the only thing that makes sense. I'm only half joking about that...after seeing him completely making up a story about how MT faked their article and left out the track H2H portion (which was denied and put to bed by an actual Motor Trend editor!) I wouldn't put anything past him.
omg i went to that thread on the Mustang vs.... thread and omg the stupidity was real. even though i love the mustang and the Camaro that was possibly some of the worst things i have ever read
Old 11-02-2015, 03:48 PM   #10
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarc View Post
BS

Nothing compares to that place that I have ever seen in my twelve years on forums.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 04:18 PM   #11
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarc View Post
Not even close. That site is a different story. Some of those threads I read, WOW.

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 04:27 PM   #12
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
The only thing bad here is the amount of time we spend bitching about their theories, whining, and conspiracy theories.. Honestly, it's mostly one person that ruins that forum and there are a few that feed of off that person.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 08:45 PM   #13
essess

Drives: 10 camaro ss
Brand loyalty is one thing, but brand worship is another. I love my camaro but am fully aware that the other side of the tracks have some great vehicles and if your not familiar with them than you need to do yourself a favor and try on the "competition". I used to have a 10 gt, the "black sheep" of mustangs. I loved every second of driving it. Ive read too many times "oh you had that pos 4.6 3v in it with a 5 speed!". Well, i can tell you 13.2's with just a cai and tune can take out close to 3/4 of your typical friday night croonies at the local drag strip. Loved that car. Love my camaro more, but just trying to prove a point. All of these cars are good. Choose what u choose and be happy with it. Dont be butthurt if the new model in town is faster, its inevitable no matter what brand. Its more fun to be a fan of all the fast cars than it is just your car. This weight conspiracy is rediculous. So what the camaro is faster. If the 6g camaro doesnt kill the mustang in sales, so what!! Enjoy what u drive. No one is going to look down on you when u park at the mall and think "omg becky that mustang is .6 seconds slower than the camaro" or "omg becky the visibility in that camaro is so sh**ty compared to the mustang". When u see the "other guy" at a light, give him a quick wave or thimbs up, and feel good when he gives the same to you. Inapproprietly drunk rant over.
essess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:07 PM   #14
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
There is no weight conspiracy. There is a wishy-washy lunatic and a few cohorts that post so much bs over there that it's impossible to keep straight. Best to just ignore those guys..... They'll conspiracy theory 200 lbs and a 1/2 second loss into non-existence.

The new camaro is lighter, faster, and handles better than ..... Well pretty much every comparable car. It's called raising the bar. Chevy just did it as they have done with every new generation of the camaro (80's questionable - but, mustang II?).

All of the lap times, 1/4 mile times, weights, and all the misc bs will be available soon enough. Ignore the idiots.