Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-10-2014, 10:06 PM   #15
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
Come on down to florida, no snow down here. A lot of camaros but if yours is modded you'll definitely stand out. Car show season all year long.
I couldn't do Florida because of all the bugs . . .

I went for a run the last time I was down there and came back looking like someone sprinkled pepper all over me there were so many bugs - and it wasn't even love bug season.
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:29 PM   #16
13lstuner

Drives: 2013 2LS BLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadG View Post
I couldn't do Florida because of all the bugs . . .

I went for a run the last time I was down there and came back looking like someone sprinkled pepper all over me there were so many bugs - and it wasn't even love bug season.
Alabama isn't as bad but it's still bad... And don't even get me started on birds...
Old 04-11-2014, 04:59 PM   #17
babaron
Totally into it

Drives: '67 427vette/'11 Pacecar/'02 BMW ci
Thanks everyone. I'm leaning towards California but Texas does sound interesting. Perhaps others of you in California and Texas can offer additional thoughts.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:04 PM   #18
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
coming from alaska and getting my license soon on medical lab, I am considering moving to warmer states, first on my list is texas

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:36 PM   #19
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lstuner View Post
All we have is huge trucks and ricers... Oh tons and tons and tons of mustangs too lol. Litterally see atleast 5-10 mustangs a day and that's a conservative guess.
sounds like the demographic around here only here it's colder and more depressed

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:45 PM   #20
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Springfield, Missouri is a good place. Not to hot , not to cold. Middle of the country to get to anywhere in your retirement travels.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:19 PM   #21
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
San Antonio is a good city. Cheap to live in, a bit of history, and Austin is only an hour away. Temperature ranges from 30-100 year round. Traffic is nothing crazy.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:23 PM   #22
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
I was in Tucson AZ recently - very nice
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:29 PM   #23
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by babaron View Post
Thanks everyone. I'm leaning towards California but Texas does sound interesting. Perhaps others of you in California and Texas can offer additional thoughts.
I was born and raised in Texas, lived there for 21 years and there are two towns there that in my opinion can go up against anything any other state has to offer and those are Austin and San Antonio. LOVE those towns. But the Texas sun will put the royal smack down on you and your paint if you're not careful - make sure you've got shade to do your detailing.

The worst thing about living in California is the cost of living, but some parts of California are as beautiful as it gets.

In the Bay Area we're less than an hour away from the coast, 2 hours from Lake Tahoe, less than two hours from Monterey, 2 hours to Sonoma/Napa, 4 hours from Yosemite, so it's pretty great.
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 05:42 PM   #24
otter

Drives: Eastbound and Down
For driving I am going to say Sonoma County in northern California. The weather is good for driving. There are miles of back roads through beautiful vineyards to cruise or you can follow highway one along the rugged coastline.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:01 AM   #25
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
California has some great places, but the cost of living can be pretty high near the best places. If you prefer the cool stay coastal, hot central or southern. Sacramento is a good middle ground, but I prefer Sonoma county area. Not very mod friendly state if modding is your thing.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:25 PM   #26
jd4eva98

Drives: 2013 camaro
subs of phoenix Arizona some where around gilbert or chandler nice weather year round down side is summer when it gets to 115 degrees but other than that perfect place no snow car shows year round you could join the azallgens Camaro club we meet at the pavilions every second Saturday of the month and have a whole section reserved for Camaros fun time nice people
jd4eva98 is offline   Reply With Quote