Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 03:06 AM   #1
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
Top End Audio System for the new Camaro5???

I am really intrigued to know what kind of top end audio option will be offered for the Camaro, or rather what do you think will be offered.

Im going to be going from mostly having driven Audi's recently, which have amazing sound.... this is a biggy for me in car... gotta have wicked sound system (loud is not what I mean.. the right balance of beat and clarity).

Currently, the Audi's have bose as top end options and recently all Audi's are now gunna come with Bang and Olufsen..... wow!

In addition to having awesome sound, I just love that stock look inside and don't wanna modify... so I really hope we get some awesome sound in this ride.

The Shaker 1000 in the Mustang isn't all that impressive...and I know im being real picky.... but,

What do you guys think we will end up with in the Camaro5 as top end audio?

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Old 12-17-2007, 07:53 AM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
There have been whispers whenever this comes up that it'll be a new system that GM does not currently use...
Old 12-17-2007, 11:14 AM   #3
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
The best sound coming from my Camaro will be from the 2 large exhaust tips protruding from under the rear bumper!

Kidding aside, a BOSE system will suffice for me.

The best factory system I ever heard was in my friend's BMW. It was crisp and clear no matter how loud we had it.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:28 PM   #4
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
The whispers I heard were that we might be seeing a Boston Acoustics setup, but that was in no way confirmed, winked at, or even stared blankly at by any GM executive.

I can tell you though, if they put in a BA system, I will be more than satisfied.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:48 PM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Want Boston Acoustics or JL Audio....nothing else.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:36 PM   #6
Jay

Well thats pretty cool then....atleast there is a possibility of some actual sound company putting in the audio in the new camaro.

Car companies that try to perfect there own audio systems...from what ive seen its just not there. Simple logic, there are companies which all they do is audio...so let them!

But Boston Acoustics shall suffice I suppose... it would be nice to see bose... bang and olufsen is almost certain to never happen.

BA currently is in chrysler/dodge vehicles I believe.... wonder how good it really is?

JAY
Old 12-17-2007, 08:39 PM   #7
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Want Boston Acoustics or JL Audio....nothing else.
JL Audio.... really?

I mean there awesome aftermarket setups out there from them.... as in very loud and big sub's and all.... but ahh-dunno for stock.... JL to me is just loud.... I rather see Alpine then JL.... its more clear and crisp.

Ahhh all this speculation and talk..... only if the Camaro5 were already here!

JAY
Old 12-17-2007, 09:11 PM   #8
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
There have been whispers whenever this comes up that it'll be a new system that GM does not currently use...
Old 12-17-2007, 09:20 PM   #9
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I still don't believe GM will ever produce a system that will compare to middle or upper range in aftermarket audio. Even the Bose systems Pontiac has offered weren't good Bose systems. They were good but not great. To have a great system would take a great deal of expense that I would rather pay toward a company with a big audio name brand, like Alpine or JL. Dealerships will just use this as an excuse to mark up the Camaro if it is an option, and that bothers me.
warn 145:159 ban
Old 12-17-2007, 10:21 PM   #10
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I still don't believe GM will ever produce a system that will compare to middle or upper range in aftermarket audio. Even the Bose systems Pontiac has offered weren't good Bose systems. They were good but not great. To have a great system would take a great deal of expense that I would rather pay toward a company with a big audio name brand, like Alpine or JL. Dealerships will just use this as an excuse to mark up the Camaro if it is an option, and that bothers me.
This is very much true for almost almost all car companies out there....reason to mark up and not provide equal value stuff in terms of audio.......

But Audi's new Bang and Olufsen 14 speaker system...... only $850 as an option!!!! Wow! Reviews are saying it rivals some home theaters, lol! See now thats reasonable.... I think that case your getting more for than what your paying for.

I really hope we dont get like a BA system... and its offered for like 1200 extra as an option... not cool... although likely.

JAY
Old 12-18-2007, 02:50 AM   #11
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Jay, I've got aftermarket JL stuff in my SS already. So, even if they don't put it in, it won't bug me. I'll just toss it in myself. I'm most concerned about the in dash player and how it functions. Door speakers, etc can always be changed out. The HU is what I hope works the best...don't like having an aftermarket look in the center of my dash.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:31 AM   #12
Seanskny

Drives: 2011 2SS RS delivered 6-22-10
I have had aftermarket BA system in both an 86" vette pacecar conv. and a 92" vette conv. I also have BA home system. I would jump up and down for joy if it was offered. Sound is crisp and fresh. Bose systems of late that were offered in Chevy cars have not been all that exceptional to say the least. They aren't compatible with any type of upgrade and the seakers didnt survive very long. Bose should stick to home systems that are spectacular but overpriced. In my old 86' pacecar I not only won awards for show, but also for sound. I can thank that to BA, and I will always be a fan.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:39 AM   #13
Elkyboy64
AKA Bishop73

Drives: '70 Chevelle 454SS
Send a message via AIM to Elkyboy64
If they don't offer this new mystery system you will get BOSE. I've had it in my C5 and in my Avalanche and it's a nice enough system, until you want to make any upgrades to it. I won't be buying a Camaro with "Premium Sound", other than the exhaust note. ;-)
Old 12-19-2007, 12:17 PM   #14
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkyboy64 View Post
If they don't offer this new mystery system you will get BOSE. I've had it in my C5 and in my Avalanche and it's a nice enough system, until you want to make any upgrades to it. I won't be buying a Camaro with "Premium Sound", other than the exhaust note. ;-)
I'm not a big fan of the ,imo, overly integrated proprietary Bose system. typically the output ohm is different from aftermarket stuff, And as with the CTS-V, everything is integrated through the head unit. So swapping that out will probably not be an option for most of us. They should keep the vehicle information and navigation separate from the stereo. That way you can leave alone or upgrade if you want

Closed Thread