Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-24-2018, 07:42 AM   #1
ss2fast4u
2018 Camaro 1ss M6

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS M6/ LT4 SC
Possible Clutch Slipage on downshift?

I usually have the active rev feature turned on but yesterday while it was turned off I did a down shift into second which I wouldn't describe as aggressive (ended up being 3000k ish on the revs after letting out the clutch) but when I let the clutch out there was a noise which sounded like from the clutch area almost like it slipped for a second then grabbed. Doesn't happen every time but if i let the clutch out on a downshift with the rev match off quickly it will do it. Any ideas? I only have 6k miles on my 1ss so I will be making a dealership appointment soon.
ss2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 10:06 AM   #2
Gen6 softtop

Drives: Hyper blue 1ss convertible 6 sp
I'll take a stab at this, by not matching the rpm to the gear, your engine breaking the car. So the clutch will slightly slip until it grabs. This harder on the drivetrain and clutch also. I usually always have rev match on, it just works to well! However if I don't I usually down shift 1 gear higher so 3 instead if 2 car had plenty of power
Gen6 softtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:20 AM   #3
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
If you don't have the rev match on, you have to rev match with your foot! This is what people did in the dark ages before rev matching (about 5 years ago).

Or make an appointment to trade for an automatic.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 10:57 AM   #4
ss2fast4u
2018 Camaro 1ss M6

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS M6/ LT4 SC
Im not questioning the method of downshifting what i was more curious about is if you do not rev match yourself should it still slip? Ive never had that happen on any manual vehicle ive owned.
ss2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote