The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-17-2022, 09:40 AM   #15
overdriv

Drives: 1969 Chevelle SS 2019 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post

I see we have a similar illness. Love the chevelle. It’s a great color.

The 19SS is no slouch either. Enjoy the vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice cars!
overdriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 01:14 PM   #16
PostalLDMC

Drives: 2022 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdriv View Post
Wow, seven times!! We have several pieces of literature, guides, maps, etc.
Especially looking for advice once we get to CA. I think I'd like to avoid LA if possible.
Sorry guy not a lot on the LA traffic or Ca in general. The whole place is overtaxed and cost way out of my retired way. Even after living in Az. for 17 yrs. We use to run up by the mountains to get around the PC highway then drop in to visit.
PostalLDMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 10:29 PM   #17
The Maverick
Somewhere in the Kalahari

Drives: 2021/18 (de-fresh) 3LT RS
Back in the mid-nineties, I drove Highway 1 from Long Beach to Santa Cruz in a rental fourth-gen convertible (only a V6 auto, unfortunately). A great coastal drive - so long as you don't have the wrong car in front of you too often. One of my all-time top-five most memorable road trips!

I am planning on doing the northern portion of Highway 1 in my sixth gen some day...
Attached Images

The Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 07:39 AM   #18
taylorforschool@gmail.com
PKG4U

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
When I take a trip in my Camaro, I just want to keep driving. Can't drive it enough. Have a blast on your trip.
This.

Mods after Warranty “Imma keep it stock”
taylorforschool@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 09:21 PM   #19
Stihl

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1 SS
My wife and I are planning the exact same trip this summer in my 2019 Camaro! We are also starting in Chicago and going to Santa Monica. Wouldn't it be funny if we crossed paths out there.
Stihl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 08:45 AM   #20
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
You will enjoy the trip Stihl! I have a friend and his wife that live in Florida that did the same route last year that you are planning and they had a blast!
Old 02-01-2022, 09:49 PM   #21
Stihl

I am looking forward to it. It is a bucket list item for me. Roughly 5000 miles round trip. I think we are going to also run thru Colorado for the return trip.

That will leave a Hot Rod Power Tour and Cruising The Coast and my list will be complete for this Camaro. Then I will focus on completing the 69 Camaro and attending a Woodward Cruise.
Old 02-24-2022, 12:13 PM   #22
overdriv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
My wife and I are planning the exact same trip this summer in my 2019 Camaro! We are also starting in Chicago and going to Santa Monica. Wouldn't it be funny if we crossed paths out there.

I'm going in May and would love to meet other Camaro owners on the trip. I'll be in a 2019 Garnet Red 2SS.
Old 02-24-2022, 12:32 PM   #23
overdriv

I know this is an old thread but I would like to get some personal information about driving Mulholland Dr. I don't care about the people that live there, just want to drive it and take in the scenery at the look outs, etc. I love a highway with a lot of twisty turns. I don't plan to drive it fast, My wife will be with me, so she is usually the governor.
Is there a time of day it is less traveled?
Any advice is appreciated from our Cali members.
Old 02-25-2022, 10:04 AM   #24
overdriv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
I am looking forward to it. It is a bucket list item for me. Roughly 5000 miles round trip. I think we are going to also run thru Colorado for the return trip.

That will leave a Hot Rod Power Tour and Cruising The Coast and my list will be complete for this Camaro. Then I will focus on completing the 69 Camaro and attending a Woodward Cruise.
Just wanted to say that we have been on 5 power tours and going again this year. You will enjoy it. We went to the Cruise the Coast in 2019. It was nice but the venues are really crowded it seemed. But we went to see the cars and enjoy the area.
Old 03-05-2022, 10:14 AM   #25
len125

Drives: chevrolet camaro
drive to california

have fun! but I think in California you cant get 93 octane, am I right? what I do when i take my 2021 camaro is that i go on google maps and map where i want to go, and just make a small note where the gas stations are...i know that sounds crazy, but thats me!
len125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 05:11 PM   #26
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Departing Illinois, my first stop would be Auburn, Indiana to visit the Auburn Cord Duesenberg museum. This is one of the most informative car museums ever. Then on to Indianapolis for the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum.

The Indy 500 is a madhouse, but going during qualifying will allow you to experience the hallowed ground with much smaller crowds. Buy the bronze badge and you will be admitted to the paddock to see all the greats of the sport in action.

Then on to northern New Mexico: Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Taos. In California, the Pacific Coast Highway!
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 07:03 AM   #27
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
This is a bucket list trip for me. I already told my wife I planned on making the full Route 66 trip one day either in our Camaro of a classic muscle car from the 60’s. She likes to travel even though I’m sure she will be ready to be out of whatever car we take by the end of the trip. Have fun and enjoy the sights!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 10:38 PM   #28
Stihl

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdriv View Post
I'm going in May and would love to meet other Camaro owners on the trip. I'll be in a 2019 Garnet Red 2SS.
We are going the last week of June and the first week of July. My budget is now going to take a hit with gas prices but it will be worth it.