The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 01-18-2017, 12:11 PM   #1
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Nintendo Switch

So did anyone watch the presentation or been keeping up with the stories? Anyone pre-order one? I am hesitantly excited, but pre-ordered one anyways along with Zelda. Not planning much else until I actually play it and get a feel for it.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 12:24 PM   #2
chuckie669

Drives: 2011 ss
I've become hesitant about Nintendo over the past few years. Growing up I was one of their biggest supporters (I felt). Saw an article that said the switch is a Kobayashi Maru which made me laugh. I don't want Nintendo to bomb as I really like their games. I'm hoping if this isn't a huge success they become a software developer like sega. Would be awesome to be able to get some of those games on decent hardware.

I just got a ps4 pro myself and waiting for the new Mass effect game.
chuckie669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:34 PM   #3
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
I was sold until I watched the second presentation in which they mentioned that they'd charge a subscription fee for online play.

PC Master Race.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 03:19 PM   #4
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
I've become hesitant about Nintendo over the past few years. Growing up I was one of their biggest supporters (I felt). Saw an article that said the switch is a Kobayashi Maru which made me laugh. I don't want Nintendo to bomb as I really like their games. I'm hoping if this isn't a huge success they become a software developer like sega. Would be awesome to be able to get some of those games on decent hardware.

You're not alone on the hesitation. Gamecube was their last decent console to me. I was a big supporter of Nintendo and still am. I buy their handhelds still, but haven't bought a console in a while. Wii was cool at first then wore off over time. Wish I had kept mine just to have, but I sold it for a backwards compatible PS3. Skipped Wii U entirely and don't regret that. Even if this console sells likes Wii U they won't bomb bad enough to turn into Sega. The Wii and DS success gave them so much extra cash. I've read that if they could continue to pay their employees while having no profit for something like the next 50 years. Also, Nintendo are not selling anything for the Switch, including the Switch, at a loss this time around.

I dunno if I want Nintendo to go the route of Sega. It only made Sega worse as time went on.

I have a PS4 original and Xbox One S 2TB Gears special edition. I am excited for the new Mass Effect as well. I kind of regret the Xbox purchase and have contemplated selling the console and using that towards my Switch. I want a Pro, but am waiting for some decent sales like they had for the PS4 slim this past Black Friday. If I do sell my xbox one, I'd look at returning when the Scorpio comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
I was sold until I watched the second presentation in which they mentioned that they'd charge a subscription fee for online play.

PC Master Race.
I don't mind paying for PS+ and Xbox Live since I never pay full price and the free games I get with those.

I am not as big of fan how Nintendo is advertising their's. I am hoping it gets better or is better explained before this fall.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 05:00 PM   #5
chuckie669

Drives: 2011 ss
Nintendo handheld console are great. Not sure how I'd raise my kids without them.

Got the pro on black Friday as my target had them 25 percent off. Too good to pass up.
chuckie669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 11:02 PM   #6
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
It's too gimmicky for me and it's too expansive. Even professional analysts say the console will bomb at it's current price of $300. Why spend that much when you can buy a Xbox 1 or PS4 for $250 and have better games, more games to choose from and a better console.

Let's not forget Nintendo has horrible 3rd party support, the only decent games they have are all 1st party. All their other games are horrible ports because their consoles are just too weak. Speaking of power, I was reading somewhere that the Wii U is more powerful than the Switch and that the Switch is about on the same level as the DS. Seriously wtf Nintendo? You really going to release a console that is inferior to what you already have out?

Personally I see the Switch flopping pretty hard, prob worse than the Wii U did. The console is just too expansive for what it offers, should be around the $200 mark, at most $250. It's being pushed as a "Party" console with all it's gimmicks and gimmicky controller but yet to have multiplayer in person most games advertised for it atm require multiple consoles set up as a LAN.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 11:42 PM   #7
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgndryhr View Post
I don't mind paying for PS+ and Xbox Live since I never pay full price and the free games I get with those.
They're really not free games if you're paying for them.

Eh, to each his own.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:37 AM   #8
ljc

Drives: 2ss Nightfall Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgndryhr View Post
So did anyone watch the presentation or been keeping up with the stories? Anyone pre-order one? I am hesitantly excited, but pre-ordered one anyways along with Zelda. Not planning much else until I actually play it and get a feel for it.
I just found out about Switch yesterday...Zelda has piqued my interest, but not sure if I want to purchase the console at $300 with very few games for the entire 2017 year. I'll continue reading reviews for pros & cons before deciding.
ljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:57 AM   #9
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Was die hard Nintendo and swore (some time ago) to stay the course...but then ff7 was released for the playstation instead of the N64, still bought the N64 but they went down hard not adopting the CD tech back in the day
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 09:31 PM   #10
patrickgraham

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
I've become hesitant about Nintendo in Techtoroms over the past few years. Growing up I was one of their biggest supporters (I felt). Saw an article that said the switch is a Kobayashi Maru which made me laugh. I don't want Nintendo to bomb as I really like their games. I'm hoping if this isn't a huge success they become a software developer like sega. Would be awesome to be able to get some of those games on decent hardware.

I really enjoyed Nintendo games.
patrickgraham is offline   Reply With Quote