The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #15
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Awesome car! What did the lsa motor run you?

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #16
kwhizz

Drives: 60's Muscle
Got the front spindle hubs installed......when I opened the box with the rotors I noticed they weren't cad plated.......So I sent them out for plating to keep that rust from showing up later.......I should have them back for installation tomorrow......I also ordered a Posi unit so I decided to wait for that to show up before getting involved in the rear end......so....I jumped into the inside and finished getting all the original A/C removed along with the dash and wiring......I also sent the stock AM radio out for conversion to AM/FM Satelite..............Started mounting the Vintage Air system.......Having Fun!!!

kwhizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #17
kwhizz

Lot's of balls up in the air.........waiting for the firewall insulation to show up........and the Rotors were picked up from the plater today.....so we got the front brakes installed......I also got a call from the transmission shop and the 4L70E trans will be delivered tomorrow............so after getting the brakes installed I decided to get the rear end out of the car and take it over to Jimmy Quinn at Chassis Service to get the posi unit installed and get the ring and pinion replaced if needed....seems to have a lot of backlash.......I should get all the Ridetech rear suspension parts in tomorrow and have the engine install going in a day or two........

Ken
Old 10-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #18
kwhizz

A couple things showed up today......Posi unit and rear axle assy was taken to Chassis Service for rebuilding.........also my Level 6 4L70E trans and converter showed up also.........ordered new brake lines also..........Gonna be a busy weekend

Old 10-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #19
kwhizz

Well......I guess I was Lucky that the car didn't have a posi unit in it when I bought it (if it did I probably wouldn't have taken it apart)
.......After getting a posi unit and dropping the rear end off at Chassis Service for installation........... .........I go over there today and I was shown what was going on in the assy...........In disassembly the shaft that has to be removed to get the axles out was marred and scored so bad it to be cut off with a cut off wheel to get it out......also the rear was filled with motor oil rather than heavy weight oil.......and both axles are shot in the bearing area..........so......New Ring and pinion, bearings , and axles are on their way........Darn$$$$$$$
But.....after getting home I got the rear coil-overs installed waiting to get the rear axle assy back next week........

Ken
Old 10-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #20
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
SWEEEEEET!!!

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #21
kwhizz

Got the Dyna-mat installed today.......Got the front sway bar re-installed......and the new fuse panel from American Autowire installed along with all new wiring started........Engine/Trans go's in tomorrow....

Ken
Old 10-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #22
kwhizz

Started out the day with the goal of getting the Holley pan on and getting the engine test fit in the car.........I anticipate having to notch the pan for the steering linkage so I just bolted it on with a couple of bolts........the Camaro also comes with a pretty neat oil cooler, if I have the room I'm going to try and keep that option as with the Holley pan there is a reduced oil capacity and it would be only a good thing..........The cooler uses engine coolant and circulates it and the oil thru the Heat exchanger to cool the oil.....the fitting that feeds the coolant to the unit is on the side of the block and it was going to be in the way of the Dirty Dingo slider mounts......so .....when taking everything off and removing the fitting........the threads "Galled" up and created another issue to be corrected downstream........LOL........

Ken
Old 10-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #23
kwhizz

So.....Now I'm getting excited.......All the issues are close to being exposed......I go to move the engine into the car and one of my Chinese casters on my Chinese made Engine Lift decide break off at the swivel plate.......I hope the Company that made that extra money by selling me that piece of Chinese "Crap" is happy.......as I am stupid for buying it.......Damm......I'm this close and dead in the water.......LOL..........I end up welding everything back together and continued back on..........My biggest concern was if the Supercharger would fit under the stock hood.......I didn't bolt the trans on at this time as I know I will have to do some hammer clearance and just wanted to deal with the engine issues first.........Since the stock Camaro exhaust manifolds worked out perfectly in the Impala.....I thought I would give them a try here also, But......it seems the mounting flanges are about a 1/4" per side too wide to fit in the frame as installed on the engine.....so I removed them for a future modification.........I dropped the engine right in at this point.....plenty of pan clearance and it appears there is plenty of clearance on top so the hood should clear also.............Feeling pretty good right about now.....The stock Chevelle frame engine mounts extent forward of the crossmember and everything fits.......But.....they get in the way of the oil cooler fitting and take up space needed for my A/C compressor .....(Can't mount the Compressor high because of the Supercharger Belt system).....so......after getting the trans in.....I'll make a new engine mounting system so the mounts are centered on the crossmember ...........Feeling Pretty good right about now!!.....

Old 10-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #24
Trackman

Drives: 67RS Camaro ,Black 2013 ZL1
AWESOME,
Sweet build. I'm subscribed and interested in the 6l90 and the car when you get bored of it!
Trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #25
AC
***GO HOGS GO***

Drives: 68/327 & 10 2SS SIM w/ CGM Stripes
Great build!!!

ProCharger F1A, VMax TB, ID1000 Injectors, SW Headers, SW full 3" Exhaust, BMR Suspension & 4 Point Strut Tower Brace, 3.91 Gears, DBA Rotors
Heritage Grille, CCW SP16a Wheels 10"/11.5" Nitto 275/40 315/35, Painted Calipers, Blackout: Bowtie, Rear Panel, Markers & Side Vents,
SS Fender Badges, 6.2L Cowl Lettering, Pistol Grip Shifter, RPI SS Door Kick Plates, Billet Cup Holder, Fesler Shift Boot, Lloyd Floor Mats..(1/4: 12.917 @ 109.63)
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:57 PM   #26
GAZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
That's going to be SWEET!

I've got a '67 Chevelle that came from Arizona that I was contemplating doing the same thing to! Good luck on the project...keep us up to date!
GAZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #27
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
absolute awesome build
Old 10-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #28
marine_142
Mark

Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
subscribed
marine_142 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags